2014 Singapore Airlines Singapore Grand Prix

I feel sorry for the guy who releases Maldonado to track, I couldn't live with that guilt.

If Sergio Canamasas gets a seat in F1, I will stop watching the sport. At least Pastor has won an F1 race. Sergio's so awful that he skips one race, cuts into next week, and intentionally crashes into the following event.

macau will never happen, way too unsafe for an F1 car especially when they would be going upwards of 330km/h on that main straight, which has barriers all over it and not a run off in sight.

Ever seen footage of the bike race over there? Compared with the likes of Rutter, McGuinness, Martin and all the other bike racers over there (and at all the other road race events), F1 drivers are a bunch of boy scouts :lol:

But for sure it will never happen and rightly so, last years WTCC race over there was a nice example.

GO ALONSO!!👍 Hope he can do the same tomorrow. (and have a good Sunday as well)

If Sergio Canamasas gets a seat in F1, I will stop watching the sport. At least Pastor has won an F1 race. Sergio's so awful that he skips one race, cuts into next week, and intentionally crashes into the following event.

So much this.

If Sergio Canamasas gets a seat in F1, I will stop watching the sport.
Any team considering him for a seat would have to be completely desperate, given that he is an obvious liability. And even if he qualifies for a superlicence, the FIA have the power to refuse it. It's getting to the point where the GP2 drivers are threatening a boycott of the Sochi meeting if he is permitted to race.

As for Maldonado, he isn't just a Grand Prix winner - he's a GP2 Series winner as well. That might sound like an odd distinction to make, but it demonstrates that for all his recklessness, there is talent buried somewhere in there. It's a bit like Johnny Ceccotto Jnr. this year - his madness has been tempered into an aggression that compliments his speed. He might still have that impetuous streak, but he's kept it clean enough to be a podium threat in a weak car. If he has another season like this, he could conceivably be someone who deserves a Formula 1 seat on merit.

But Canamasas doesn't have any of that.

Welcome once again to "What problems will Hamilton face this time?" Last race, he had car issues that he overcame. What about Singapore?

a. Mechanical
b. Accident
c. Bad Pit Stop/Strategy
d. Rosberg
e. Other mishap
f. Nothing at all

I will go with c.

Funny thing... I was doing research on the lighting systems for the Grand Prix, and it's laughable how outdated the info on even the official sites are.

The Grand Prix has changed generator suppliers once or twice over the past six years. The official Singapore GP page still indicates the first power generation set-up... from the very first race.

-

What sucks is the info is spread and re-spread by news sites that simply don't take the time to look for new information or data...

That said... I'm wondering whether either Merc driver will shunt it in qualifying... that would pretty much decide the outcome right then and there.

That said... I'm wondering whether either Merc driver will shunt it in qualifying... that would pretty much decide the outcome right then and there.

Well, the driver that comes off second best could employ Flavio Briatore as their race strategist over night...

Well, the driver that comes off second best could employ Flavio Briatore as their race strategist over night...

In other words... shunt it right after Fernando Alonso's pit stop, collect the money and run? :D

Welcome once again to "What problems will Hamilton face this time?" Last race, he had car issues that he overcame. What about Singapore?

a. Mechanical
b. Accident
c. Bad Pit Stop/Strategy
d. Rosberg
e. Other mishap
f. Nothing at all

I will go with c.

j. Pants are too long

I say BED or DEB

He tries to overtake rosburg(D) and locks up flat spotting(E), while he is limping back to the pits he gets Maldonadoed(B).

Funny thing... I was doing research on the lighting systems for the Grand Prix, and it's laughable how outdated the info on even the official sites are.

The Grand Prix has changed generator suppliers once or twice over the past six years. The official Singapore GP page still indicates the first power generation set-up... from the very first race.

So I posted the article... and hopefully got all my facts right. Somebody Wikipedia me! Save us from these sites spouting false information!

http://www.topgear.com.ph/news/raci...potlight-under-the-bright-lights-in-singapore

I wonder when they will go from a HID style system to an LED based one.

F1 wants to be seen as green and high power LEDs are more efficient than HID and Halogen based systems.

Back