Wardez

Not Hotdog
Staff Emeritus
United States
Las Vegas UTC-8
Wardez
Wardez
jann_sebring_41-638x425.jpg

The second race of the United SportsCar Championship is the first race for Jann Mardenborough in the US. And he really has his work cut out for him as a rookie at the notoriously bumpy and difficult Florida circuit.

He'll be paired up with team mates Klaus Graf and Lucas Luhr in the top 'Prototype' class for the grueling half-day long event in their Nissan powered Oreca 03 LMP2. Practice has revealed the the Daytona Prototypes are not behind in pace as expected, with DPs topping most practice sessions although the European style LMP2s are still showing potential for a top spot in qualifying.

The noticeable absence of European LMP1s means the overall winner trophy is up for grabs to national entries for the first time in 15 years. This is also the first time Daytona Prototypes have ever raced at the classic circuit.

LR-both-cars-med-e1394810110256-300x176.jpg

However, Jann won't be the only Nismo Athlete racing this weekend; US winners Bryan Heitkotter and Steve Doherty will be running the #34 Skullcandy Nissan Altima in the Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge support race. Their 2.5 hour long enduro begins on Friday the 14th, at 1:00 EDT/17:00 UTC. We expect Bryan and Steve to be regular fixtures on the CTSCC entry list this season.

FOX Sports 1 will carry live coverage of the first three hours on Saturday, March 15. The rest of the race will be streamed live on IMSA.com and through the FOX Sports Go mobile app. The Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge race will be streamed live in its entirety on IMSA.com beginning at 1 p.m. ET.

Race Coverage

Last edited:
Click on CTSC tab at the top of the screen and then race central on the CTSC main page, should take you right there.

That was a massive hit, hope the driver is OK. I was just going to say I like how they leave the mics on full time and we get info we wouldn't on TV, but I notice they cut them now.

I'm kind bummed I skipped this race but next year I think I will be heading here instead of Daytona.

Not sure we needed 2 threads, but anyone up for making predictions for tomorrows race? Winner of each class.

I didnt see Aston in qualifying are they not racing?

No they dropped out, it was on the actual Tudor thread a week and a half ago. After the events at Daytona with the BoP they cried and decided that if it wasn't adjusted to their liking they wouldn't race their cars here in the states.

Does anyone find it a little funny they had Michael Shank do the whole bit on the DP aero package when he was one of the ones complaining about the upgrades?

Does anyone find it a little funny they had Michael Shank do the whole bit on the DP aero package when he was one of the ones complaining about the upgrades?

I'll bet the Ford money was good enough to shut him up.

Motors TV is broadcasting the event here in Belgium 👍 Good luck to Goossens, Heylen and Paltalla !!!

Headed out to Sebring now.

No they dropped out, it was on the actual Tudor thread a week and a half ago. After the events at Daytona with the BoP they cried and decided that if it wasn't adjusted to their liking they wouldn't race their cars here in the states.

I knew they complained but I didn't expect them to pull out after the very 1st race of a brand new racing series. Wow.

Last edited:
Headed out to Sebring now.

I knew they complained but I didn't expect them to pull out after the very 1st race of a brand new racing series. Wow.

I guess when you can't get BoP that almost nerfs the competition like at Le Mans last year you do the next best thing...walk away.

I'm not being funny Motors TV, pick what commentators you want!

Green...

C'mon the Z4's. I'm cheering for the 55 with Priaulx and Hand on board, and the 56 obviously, and the Turner Z4 in GTD.

Latest Posts

Back