2014 Twelve Hours of Sebring

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 411 comments
Oh Müle, your wit is most welcome right now.
huh?

I fell asleep and woke up just in time to catch the last green flag. I have no idea what happened to cause it or how the 01 went from wherever it was to first.

But from what I saw, when they were allowed to actually race, they put on great racing.

huh?

I fell asleep and woke up just in time to catch the last green flag. I have no idea what happened to cause it or how the 01 went from wherever it was to first.

But from what I saw, when they were allowed to actually race, they put on great racing.
The 01 spun,then spun out again trying to unspin from his spin,then he stopped 1st,then the 31 parked way off the track at turn 10,then the pits closed,then it took 25 minutes to tow the broken DP across central Florida,then the rest of the fast P cars pit and are stuck 10 sec behind the traffic behind the 01 car who would have been short on fuel if it wasnt for the 25 min towing caution,and the race restarted with the 01 safely ahead.

1st Broadcast by Fox Sports 1 = 2 big 👎's due to over an hour in cautions!

Going to have to wait until YouTube releases the tape hopefully no longer than a week,.

How is that their fault?
I can read my post here and see how it looks like I'm blaming fox Sports 1, but actually I simply just mean the Fox Sports 1 version opposed to the version I'm going to find on Youtube which will some how have most of the race in a couple of parts will be better then the 3 hour segment I just got from the Fox Sports 1 Network due to Cautions during their 1st Broadcast'

-I never blamed them, I just posted the facts of the race broadcast and was saying "that sucks!, waiting on Youtube pretty much to see this race the way i want too now" :cheers:

Speaking of Fox Sports 1... I only got to watch the first few hours of this. I didn't see the rest of the race on my program guide. I saw something on there for today but it would have been roughly a full day from the start and this is the Twelve Hours of Sebring, not 24 Hours, so I figured that was just a rerun.

The coverage today was a highlight package.

It's awful that a 12 hour race only got 3 hours of TV coverage... and none of those 3 hours were the part that mattered the most.

The coverage today was a highlight package.

It's awful that a 12 hour race only got 3 hours of TV coverage... and none of those 3 hours were the part that mattered the most.

I thought that was pretty ridiculous as well. The ALMS used to get much better coverage of their races, often on actual broadcast television, and they still streamed them online for all to see.

I ended up watching the last 3-4 hours of the race on my computer, which worked fine except for some annoying hiccups from time to time.

It still is pretty sad we have such a horrible streaming option in general! Greedy folks could make money off it is they would just listen to fans about a pay service that has a decent stream like the Fan Choice for say $30 for the year or something.

It still is pretty sad we have such a horrible streaming option in general! Greedy folks could make money off it is they would just listen to fans about a pay service that has a decent stream like the Fan Choice for say $30 for the year or something.
Problem is, greedy people kill these things off. When NASCAR first started their pay service it was $19.95 for the season, the next year it was $10-$20 a month for a years subscription. I would gladly pay $30-$50 for the season, but no way am I paying $120 or more for a year.

Problem is, greedy people kill these things off. When NASCAR first started their pay service it was $19.95 for the season, the next year it was $10-$20 a month for a years subscription. I would gladly pay $30-$50 for the season, but no way am I paying $120 or more for a year.

When did they do this or are you talking about these race buddy thing which has been a joke? It sucks that we have fans missing out because they refuse to pay high cable bills to get ONE channel while ALMS clearly could do it most of the time.

Someone with some brains and money at a network needs to jump on this while we can.

When did they do this or are you talking about these race buddy thing which has been a joke? It sucks that we have fans missing out because they refuse to pay high cable bills to get ONE channel while ALMS clearly could do it most of the time.

Someone with some brains and money at a network needs to jump on this while we can.

It must have been 6-8 years ago, right after they first tested their online timing & scoring. The next year they for $20 you could get the timing & scoring, a track map graphic with cars positions (it never kept up to real time) and the in-car audio. It was the audio that got me, they had about 20 channels to choose from and it was always much more entertaining and informative than the broadcast booth. The next year they went to the subscription service and I lost interest. I believe the race buddy thing is what this evolved into, but I really haven't kept up with it.
Personally, I think the race series should just go subscription with the site and their stream, as long as they can guarantee a solid connection. Screw cable, if I want to see it on the big screen I'll just connect the S-video out from my laptop to my tv.

Back