2015/16 Premier League & General Football Discussion

• Thread starter Liquid
  • 2,443 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a proper Famine stat.
:lol:

Manager count:
English - 4 (Allardyce, Dyche, Howe, Pardew)
Italian - 4 (Conte, Guidolin, Mazzarri, Ranieri)
Welsh - 2 (Hughes, Pulis)
Spanish - 2 (Guardiola, Karanka)
Argentinian - 1 (Pochettino)
Croatian - 1 (Bilic)
Dutch - 1 (Koeman)
French - 1 (Wenger)
German - 1 (Klopp)
Portugal - 1 (Mourinho)

TBC - 2 (Everton, Playoff winner)

Last edited:
Not to forget Mazzarri, Karanka, Guidolin, Pochettino, Koeman - and possibly Carvalhal. And, depending on who they appoint, replacements for Martinez and Hiddink.
I don't want to undermine their managerial talent but I wouldn't put those managers in the same tier as Guardiola and Mourinho though, apart from Koeman possibly. Hiddink has been replaced by Conte.
Not many English - or even British - managers there.
I think it's fair to assume that we'll have to wait at least another two years for the first English manager to win the Premier League, sadly.

Massive game at Wembley today, as it stands there are 19 teams in next season's Premier League, the 20th will be decided from 5pm.

Spurs to play their Champions League games at Wembley next season as their redevelopment of WHL begins, it will have a reduced capacity for the domestic games and they could play all their home matches at Wembley for 2017/18 season.

Hull back in the Premier League after a 1-0 over Sheffield Wednesday, Diame with a wonder strike was the difference.

Tough break on Wednesday but they never really forced Jakupovic into a save as it was largely all Hull.

I was really hoping Sheffield Wednesday would win...

Probably have hull for 2/3 season then they'll get relegated, again.

They wouldn't be playing on this today.

Millwall vs Tottenham Hotspur, The Den (1967)

CjnHqlSXEAAWdtJ.jpg:large

Barnsley just won the League One playoff final beating Millwall 3-1 so well done to them, AFC Wimbledon play Plymouth in the third and final playoff final tomorrow.

Congrats to AFC Wimbledon. It's taken a lot of effort but the real team is finally in the same league as the plastic team.

Alan Stubbs has left cup winning Hibernian to manage Rotherham, while ex-Rotherham boss Steve Evans has been sacked by Leeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back