2015 Dodge Challenger

  • Thread starter Thread starter Slash
  • 692 comments
  • 58,204 views
Alright, rephrasing.

A performance CUV... why?
 
Because they think it will make them money. A lot of money.
 
Alright, rephrasing.

A performance CUV... why?

Crossover can be Anything! The Infinity FX is considered a Crossover! Again, you dont know what platform it will be on. It could be The only American equivalent to the BMW X3-M. Giorgio can spawn Compact- Midsize -Large Sedans and SUV's also... The Infinity FX is considered a Crossover
 
Performance crossovers/SUVs are unnecessary, in my opinion.
 
Performance crossovers/SUVs are unnecessary, in my opinion.

Its not about being Unnecessary, its building what make Money. Ask SRT about its Cherokee and Porsche about the Cayenne
 
Surely you've got a source to back up these money making claims....
 
Surely you've got a source to back up these money making claims....

1. Dude everyone know Without The SUV, Porsche would be struggling right now

2. SRT Grand Cherokee is the most Profitable SRT Model since its Debut says Giles
 
I asked for a source, not statements with nothing to back them up.
 
I asked for a source, not statements with nothing to back them up.

Got to use common Sense, Why do you think every luxury/Sports car Automaker is trying to create some type of Sport/Performance C/SUV
 
1. Dude everyone know Without The SUV, Porsche would be struggling right now

2. SRT Grand Cherokee is the most Profitable SRT Model since its Debut says Giles
Uh, no. Common sense (as you claim is evidence enough) says that Porsche would continue just fine, just as it did the first 70 years without the SUV.

The Cayenne isn't something that magically saved Porsche from going under.
 
Its been more than 5 years for the Hemi In General.

Sure, and Chrysler did a good job with the overall design when it debuted in 2003. They did a good job trying to mimic what GM has done so well with the LS-series engines, and for the most part, they have succeeded. Problem is, FCA doesn't have the cash like GM to throw at a program like this and keep it going. Sure, I'd love to see FCA switch to an aluminum block, direct injection, and so on - but I don't think the money is there if the unit can't be used in other vehicles from Fiat, and the other Italian siblings.
 
I really don't see how Chrysler losing V8s is a bad deal, especially if Fiat were to provide V8s in the future to the Chrysler product line for upper model cars. But V6 twin or single turbo will soon be the law of the land unless @YSSMAN put it you have money like Ford and GM to just keep making these things comply with the Federal regs.
 
I really don't see how Chrysler losing V8s is a bad deal, especially if Fiat were to provide V8s in the future to the Chrysler product line for upper model cars. But V6 twin or single turbo will soon be the law of the land unless @YSSMAN put it you have money like Ford and GM to just keep making these things comply with the Federal regs.
Because Mopar guys will have a fit because it's not a true Chrysler product.

Not that it really matters anyways.
 
Because Mopar guys will have a fit because it's not a true Chrysler product.

Not that it really matters anyways.


...nothing has been a "True Chrysler" product since probably '73 so people should get off their high horse. How long have Chrysler been working with Mitsu, and then they were in league with Lambo which screwed them and then were in league with Daimler for a long time and now they ride the backs of Fiat...

But as you said, they should realize it doesn't really matter.
 
...nothing has been a "True Chrysler" product since probably '73 so people should get off their high horse. How long have Chrysler been working with Mitsu, and then they were in league with Lambo which screwed them and then were in league with Daimler for a long time and now they ride the backs of Fiat...
Exactly how I feel about said situation.
 
I'm all for modernisation. But an American muscle car without a V8 simply isn't a muscle car. It's a key part of the equation and of the appeal of the car, especially for something that like the Challenger which is otherwise pretty awful.
 
Considering the broad use of the 5.7L, I'm actually pretty surprised FCA hasn't sprung for a heavy rebuild of the unit. It isn't at all that it is out-classed, its a pretty great engine. But, some slight tweaks could make it that much better, and I have no idea if the company would actually fork over the money. Considering how well the Grand Cherokee and Ram 1500 sell, I'd figure it'd be worth it. Then again, until they get these transmissions figured out, I suppose I wouldn't trust them to do much of anything.
 
1. Dude everyone know Without The SUV, Porsche would be struggling right now

The Cayenne and Macan don't save Porsche, they turn in loads of money so that Porsche can then in turn throw that money into development for their sports cars.
 
No way, they're bringing back the Challenger T/A?! Oh, I hope it's a track monster like the Camaro Z/28 & Shelby GT350. :D
 
Curious to see how the T/A works out. The GT350R & Z/28 have really set the bar high in that area.
 
Dodge is bringing an AWD Challenger to SEMA.

http://www.carscoops.com/2015/10/mopars-2015-sema-show-menu-includes-awd.html

Mopar-SEMA-2015-0.jpg
 
My immediate reaction is, "Why didn't they do this before?"

Seriously. If you want to shake up the muscle coupe segment, this is the way to do it. I mean, I know the overall probability for production is limited, but man, it makes so much damn sense.
 
Especially when the Charger has had it for half a decade.
 
So faster 0-60/100 and 1/4 mile times, but a lot heavier? At least it would be usable during winter.
 
Back