2015 Ford Mustang - General Discussion

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 6,247 comments
ku-xlarge.jpg

That looks :censored:ing beautiful.

ku-xlarge.jpg

Not a fan of the body colour bit hanging off the back. Otherwise, really like the detailing of the back, very chiseled.

Yeah, the badge-- that's the only thing I don't really like. Easily fixed though. Needs a roundel or something. Glad they didn't screw anything else up too bad.

Are those pictures of the actual car or just renders? I'm guessing actual thing.

I agree they need to do something round back there again. The car would be a spitting image of 1969 back there if they did.

The body color thing I liked at first, but I'm not sure if I really, really like it. It's alright I guess, it's something different.

And here we go:

Last edited:
If you can make out some of the text, it is confirmed there is a 200 lb weight reduction overall. The 2.3L 4 cylinder is going to have a "performance pack" option as well as the GT, and the GT will be getting larger 15" wheels, and I can't make this part out but they said something about brake calipers as well.

They are targeting 2 cars, one I can't make out, and the other is the BMW M3, claiming they want to be king of the racetrack. The GT's Performance Pack is making faster lap times than the Boss 302 car of the previous generation.

Sequential turn signals are only happening in the US.

They also mention something about an SVT Cobra.

Last edited:
I kinda like it. Its different and I bet Ford didn't want to go with a rounds badge since it was be "retro" I would like for the tribar and horse back there.
If they were going to do that then they should have just put chrome "MUSTANG" letters back there, or the license plate there and "MUSTANG" on the bumper.

If it was round (put the gas tank back there again!) the resemblance to '69 is plain scary.

003-2015-ford-mustang-leak-1_zps48e2019b.jpg

mump_1006_13_o%2B1969_ford_mustang_boss_302%2Brear_lights.jpg

It might not be the GT model...

and if it is, the spoiler could be an option.

But even then you'd think they'd show it.

I think it's just the base mustang and I love the new look. I didn't want Ford to do the retro look forever, I honestly though that was holding the car back a bit.

For a "modern" Mustang it looks an awful lot like the S-197 with some extra curves and squinty headlights...I expected more of a shift along the lines of when the fox-body or SN-95 were introduced.

There doesn't seem to be anything signifying that it's a GT model. As RandomCarGuy17 said, it could be a base-ish model? I'm sure the fog lights and wheels might be options. It looks ok... Still think the current 2013 Mustang is the best looking of the modern Mustangs. (Mainly the Shelby...but that's a Shelby) I do agree on the diffuser, its a bit out there in red... Does seem to have some more curves, yet still look quite masculine in its stance. Nice to see that it's updating in a way.

For a "modern" Mustang it looks an awful lot like the S-197 with some extra curves and squinty headlights...I expected more of a shift along the lines of when the fox-body or SN-95 were introduced.
Same here I loved that the fox was a clean sheet design especially with the 87 and up "Aero cars"

Now when it comes out I just need to find out how well it will "baby" I would love to own one LOL.

Base model, that is. I have pics of the GT. It indeed has an spoiler, much more agressive wheels, and a big "5.0" at the sides.

Well, a full 2 days early.

EDIT: Oh, and I also loled at the body color diffuser. first thing I did in Photoshop was black that thing up.

Everyone is in outrage all over the net. Seems like everyone and their mother HATES it.

Looks like this is going to be another model seriously hated by the public. I'm not even crazy about it, and I am a huge Mustang fan. I even love the II. Way to screw up, Ford.

Everyone is in outrage all over the net. Seems like everyone and their mother HATES it.
That I don't understand it is obviously the base model which has always been super plain. Its tons better looking than the 05-14 base car.

Looks way better than those renderings that were floating around. I still don't think I'd buy one, but at least they're starting to ditch the retro look slightly.

Looks like this is going to be another model seriously hated by the public. I'm not even crazy about it, and I am a huge Mustang fan. I even love the II. Way to screw up, Ford.
It's rather chunky and looks confused/conflicted about what it is.

That I don't understand it is obviously the base model which has always been super plain. Its tons better looking than the 05-14 base car.
You think so? I think the only advantage it has over the previous is the taillights and only just.

Exactly.

A clean sheet design would have likely been better. Not this half retro/have fusion thing.

I would have loved for them to continue the retro theme and do a retro version of the '71-'73 fastback.

I love the '71-'73 cars but I really don't want another near flat roofline car. Everything else off that car would be interesting with a modern roofline though. A lot of people were hoping of something Fox Body-ish.

Back