2015 Ford Mustang - General Discussion

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 6,247 comments
Everyone is in outrage all over the net. Seems like everyone and their mother HATES it.

I remember when the same thing happened over the internets with another iconic American car....

I think this is one of those car's that will look better in the flesh.

Looks like this is going to be another model seriously hated by the public. I'm not even crazy about it, and I am a huge Mustang fan. I even love the II. Way to screw up, Ford.

You have exceedingly poor taste.

Everyone is in outrage all over the net. Seems like everyone and their mother HATES it.

Miley Cyrus is a popular music artist. Your argument is invalid.

Front looks like a cross between a Mitsubishi and an Infiniti. It actually does look very Japanese at the front.

The back is quite predictable and bland, in a way I prefer the previous gen one. All in all kinda meh all over.

Shelby will know how to make it look good, they always find a way.

Last edited:
Much as expected. Could have been better, could have been much worse.

And if anyone ever brings up Aston again, now I have an airtight defense for socking them in the jaw.

"Your honor, the victim was clearly delusional. I was just restraining him until the sanitarium orderlies arrived."

Looks like this is going to be another model seriously hated by the public. I'm not even crazy about it, and I am a huge Mustang fan. I even love the II. Way to screw up, Ford.
They didn't screw up, this car is fantastic. You browse too many Mustang forums. If I were Ford I could care less about hillbilly Mustang fans of yore and focus on new customers which is something this Mustang will appeal to in hoardes.

Ironically enough I'm not even on one Mustang board. This is all Facebook stuff.

They didn't screw up, this car is fantastic. You browse too many Mustang forums. If I were Ford I could care less about hillbilly Mustang fans of yore and focus on new customers which is something this Mustang will appeal to in hoardes.
To bad those so called hillbilly fans are loyal and spend a lot on Mustangs and mustang related stuff IE FRPP and Ford Collection catalog. I agree they need to move forward with the car but not at a cost of alienating there whole fan base.

Ironically enough I'm not even on one Mustang board. This is all Facebook stuff.
That is the problem facebook is the unwashed masses who would never even buy a mustang.

Last edited:
To move forward, this car has to appeal to a non-traditional fanbase as well as regular Mustang fans.

Whatever Ford does with the Mustang, people will be pissed.

Make it too retro, and people will hate it.

Make it too futuristic, and people will hate it.

Give it a live rear axle, and people will pooh-pooh it.

Give it an independent rear suspension, and fanatics will be up in arms.

Give it a big V8 and people will roundly criticize it for being a gas guzzling monstrosity.

Give it a turbo four and people will either accuse it of pandering to nostalgia (Fox body) or will fall back on "there's no replacement..."

There is no safe ground for Ford here. They simply have to do their best and hope it appeals to enough people to sell.

As such, I think they didn't do too bad a job. Have the 2.3T for geeks and eco-freaks. Have the V8 for traditionalists. Have the V6 for everyone else. And it looks half-retro, half-futuristic. Good job, Ford.

It's a proper way to begin the slide away from the current retro car, I give it the nod. It keeps enough of the traditional Mustang styling cues to keep it grounded, while still looking like a reasonably current vehicle. I think the only major drawback will be that, and this is just a guess, they'll need to do a style refresh in four years or so to keep up with the next-generation Camaro and Challenger.

Best of all, it has a proper interior. And a proper suspension. And they have an engine and transmission option for everyone.

Ford did it right.
Well, minus the silly colored diffuser in the back.

IMO, its gross. They have changed it too much. I think should have kept the design of the previous model, with minor changes.

The previous look was a dead-end. They've already developed it as far as they could while keeping it fresh.

If you keep the exact same "retro" look through three generations of car, you end up with... the current MINI.

I wouldn't wish that on any car in the world...

The previous look was a dead-end. They've already developed it as far as they could while keeping it fresh.

If you keep the exact same "retro" look through three generations of car, you end up with... the current MINI.

That is true. This new design will eventually grow on me.

Or worse the PT cruiser. They painted themselves into a corner and had no way out.

Everything niky said is on the nose. Same applies to the 911, Corvette, and any Ferrari.

There's basically nothing Ford could do to make me buy a new Mustang anyways, so what appeals to me shouldn't matter to them. That said, I doubt this update will have the same wow-factor for the general public that the 2005 redesign did.

The Beetle designers might not have it that bad. Porsche made it work all these years.

As for the Mustang, it looks a bit awkward kind of like the current 1 series coupe. It seems like they shrunk the car and windows, but kept 99% of the metal.

Someone needs to paint that rear diffuser black, stat.

No way I actually like for once seeing a diffuser in some color other than the black carbon we see all the time. Nice change for me I guess.

Still rather see the GT, Boss and 500 those are the ones I care about.

I'll save final judgement until I see a GT variant. I've never liked a base mustang ever.

Started as a base model 6 cylinder fastback.
IMG_1547.JPG
IMG_1552.JPG
IMG_1555.JPG
IMG_1603.JPG
IMG_1604.JPG

Back