• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 6,247 comments
GT 1st look

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=976

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I copied everything in case it gets taken down.

• YOU WON'T MISS YOUR
    INHIBITIONS ONE BIT.

Introducing the all-new Mustang.

• PREPARE FOR TAKEOFF.

• INTERESTING HOW QUICKLY
    WANT BECOMES NEED.

• UNLIKE ANY OBSESSION
    YOU’VE EVER HAD.

Available late 2014. Preproduction vehicles shown. See your dealer for availability in your market.
Open it up, and then open up.

Get used to the world
Checking it out.

If you know Mustang, you know this is just a fraction of what will be offered. Color and wheel availability varies by market. See your dealer for details.

• Race Red
  • Competition Orange
  • Triple Yellow
  • Deep Impact Blue
  • Ruby Red
  • Black
  • Magnetic
  • Guard
  • Ingot Silver
  • Oxford White
20" Machined
  • 20-machined.png

20" Machined
  • 18-machined.png

18" Machined
  • 19-gloss_black.png

19" Gloss Black
  • 19-premium.png

19" Premium
Background
The Design
Its look says entirely new, but its soul is entirely Mustang.

The Cockpit
Taking inspiration from a cockpit, we struck a balance between analog dials and digital feedback. The shifter is optimally placed. And the steering wheel feels just right in your hands, for a dynamic driving experience.

Performance
There’s a 3.7-liter V6. And the available 5.0-liter V8 will benefit from increased power this year. But the real news is how we’ve paired Mustang performance with the EcoBoost® engine.

• Available 2.3-liter EcoBoost
    The EcoBoost delivers efficiency with real power to the Mustang powertrain lineup. A high-capacity direct injection system precisely controls fuel delivery, while a new twin-scroll low-inertia turbocharger means incredibly fast time-to-torque.

• Exhilarating driving dynamics
    The thrill you get behind the wheel of a Mustang is a given. But now you can thank a fully independent rear suspension for that rush. This design change not only improves body roll, but also isolates road imperfections for a better feel.
Read More Close
The Tech
This is not technology for technology’s sake. Every feature Mustang offers enhances your driving experience – whether it’s the advanced sensors that detect cars in your blind spots or the advanced communications system.

• Intelligent Access with push-button start
    As long as you have the key on you, you can unlock the door and start the car without ever having to reach into your pocket.

• Available SYNC® with MyFord Touch®
    This is the first time this advanced in-car communications system has been available in a Mustang – adding a center touch screen along with voice-activated control.27

• Available BLIS® with cross-traffic alert
    The Blind Spot Information System (BLIS) uses two discreetly placed rear radar sensors to warn you of cars approaching on either side. And cross-traffic alert warns you of those you can’t see when you’re backing out of a parking space. Driver assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver’s judgment.
Read More Close
The Convertible
The Mustang convertible* is the even more carefree cousin of the fastback. While it shares the same genes, it was purposefully designed from top to bottom to be a convertible. And speaking of tops, the all-new Mustang convertible goes topless in approximately half the time of the current model. *Available late 2014.

s550_feature_1480x700_convertible-top-up.jpg

s550_feature_1480x700_convertible-top-down.jpg

Top Up
Top Down
Something the world
can agree on.

• temp-logo1.png

Buzz article title
    Ford is prepping its C-Max Energi plug-in hybrid for a fall roll out and recently divulged some additional details about the long-awaited vehicle. These items, which include pricing and projected range of the car, suggest the C-Max Energi may very well be a serious contender against the Toyota Prius, though one might be able to say the same of Ford's regular C-Max Hybrid as well.

Read Full Article
  • temp-logo1.png

Buzz article title
    It’s official: not only does the 2013 Ford C-Max Energi Plug-in hybrid travel further in all-electric mode than the 2012 Toyota Prius Plug-in hybrid, but it will cost less too.

Read Full Article
  • temp-logo1.png

Buzz article title
    Ford is going after the Toyota Prius with its new C-Max Energi plug-in hybrid. In its latest release, the Blue Oval called out the best-selling hybrid seven times while announcing the new crossover's fuel, range and pricing.

Read Full Article
  • temp-logo1.png

Buzz article title
    Panasonic announced last week that it signed a deal with Ford Motor Company to provide prismatic lithium-ion battery cells for its vehicles. Terms of the deal call for Panasonic to supply battery cells for hybrid version of the Ford Fusion and C-Max, and for the Ford Fusion Energi and C-Max Energi plug-in hybrids. Ford will assemble the lithium-ion packs in-house.

Read Full Article
“If you’d like to opt-out, please send us an email at community-manager@fordsocial.com. If you do not opt-out, you are giving your consent to the use of your public social content on Ford sites and social pages.”
mustang_badge.png

Show the world how #MustangInspires you.
Think about those moments in your life when you were truly free. And dream of the ones that could be. We want to see photos of your Mustang-inspired moments. With or without the car. Real or imagined. Who knows how they’ll inspire us?

Tag your photos with #MustangInspires , and we’ll share them at mustanginspires.com. Subject to terms.

View Photos
See the
growing collection
of photos here

This is just
The beginning.

Keep up with what’s new by keeping up with us.

This is just
The beginning.

Keep up with what’s new by keeping up with us.
Get updates

View Additional Disclosures

Last edited:
Those silver GT pics look the business, especially in profile.

Nice to peek behind the curtain at Ford's web design... :lol:

Man, that thing looks all right. They got the whole Evo X aggressive headlight thing going on there! A helluva lot better than that 2 door Fusion wannabe =P

"generic" is better word to describe it.

Not exactly the same, but same what of a modern take on it.

1977%2BFord%2BMustang%2BMach%2BI%2BFastback%2BCoupe%2B2.jpg
I kinda of see it but barely.

I see more of this in it honestly.

1472964_10153523913280394_398295345_n.jpg

Last edited:
I love it from the A-pillar back. The front isn't bad, but it's a little busy and a little pudgy. I think with the inevitable mid-life facelift, it will look fantastic.

OK all, time for me to butt in here.

Item 1- Exterior: Guys, the hell are you all shocked at? If I have learned anything in life, it's that barring a few small differences, the cars of today will not divulge far from their previous form. There is no car equivalent to The Doctor, especially in the icons. Yeah, It resembles the previous Mustang, and the Gen 4 Mustangs, and it still looks like a refresh to me, and I'm having trouble understanding how it's "too retro" and "too modern", and too everything else while I'm at it. And generic? Umm, duh? Please, show me a class of car that has not fallen to the "generic" tag. (Morgan Aeros and 911s are not a separate class). My take is easy, Fusion/Mondeo headlights replace the current ones, and the rear panel has been brought out more on the bottom side. One last thing; Slashfan, please help me understand how GT and 5.0 badges and black wheels suddenly makes the car suddenly cursingly great? I...I just don't get it. Maybe I'm legally blind.

Item 2- Interior: Ford, Ford, Ford. So many improvements over the last few years, and yet the interior design is still almost identical to the 2005. I do hope the quality has gotten better, because the one I know was a new one on the dealer lot, had about 20 miles on it, and already rattled horribly.

Last thing to worry about is price. The current car is already a ridiculous deal, I have to wonder if Ford is looking to move it slightly upmarket to put some distance between it and the Fiesta ST and Focus ST. Overall, I'm fairly certain that the era of a sub-$30k Mustang GT is dead. But, if the 2.3T is good enough, it might not make much of a difference.

Also, here's an idea:

Clearing your mind of the idea that this is a Mustang, taking off all the pony badges, it looks like a great sports coupe. Ignoring all the retro cues, with proper tail lights, I'd say it's a downright good-looking, modern, sports coupe. Hell, if we were to take off the badges, can there really be that much of a stigma against owning one with the 2.3T?

Ford, offer me a "Pony Delete" package. I'll be ready to give you a down payment next Tuesday.

I agree. The GT model actually looks a bit better. I'm interested in seeing what the high performance versions are going to look like.

It's still following the Mustang II hood behind grill theme as well.

It looks great at some angles and awkward in others. I'm starting to like the rear lights. I still dislike the whole front end. Reminds me of a Ford Fusion (Mondeo) and Taurus.

OK all, time for me to butt in here.
One last thing; Slashfan, please help me understand how GT and 5.0 badges and black wheels suddenly makes the car suddenly cursingly great? I...I just don't get it. Maybe I'm legally blind.

For me it does look better, it looks like the wheels filled up the wheel wells. But I can't see much, not fond of the GT badge on the back. It doesn't make me go wow but it's an improvement. I want to see the car in whole not bits and pieces of blurry pictures.

The little thing that's bothering me the most are those 3 vertical LED strips... I know they were trying to hop on the bandwagon of LED DRLs but it's too busy. I liked the renders without them better. /2 cents

Back