2015 GTP Endurance Series: General Discussion

• Thread starter AJ
  • 2,227 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
keep_calm_and_fear_the_reaper_11x14_poster-reb79ea41a0ec4616971995d7db017519_wdk_8byvr_512.jpg

Hey everyone, I'm looking for 2 drivers to take part in the 4th VLN race on Sunday in the PrideTEC Motorsports #95 VW Scirrocco in the TCN-1 Class. Unfortunately I agreed to go help a friend on a real life race car and the rest of my team is either unavailable or racing in a higher class in the next fortnight. If you are available to race and want to take part, please shoot me a PM or reply to this post.
what time does the room open?
I can see if I can join, it would be awesome

Not sure if I should be really happy about going platinum, or really disappointed my season just ended.
Only guy ever to be annoyed about going Platinum lol, haven't been fast enough in my mind all season, outclassed by the best guys out there.
For some reason the LM55 is my car, Silverstone and Fuji 4 hour races only time I've been fast enough. But hey, I had some great runs and I wouldn't take them back for anything (except maybe 6 more races...)
Congrats to Warrior2167 on going from 0-Platimum in 1 weekend, and to my teammate ajh_1990 for getting to silver ranking.

Not sure if I should be really happy about going platinum, or really disappointed my season just ended.
Only guy ever to be annoyed about going Platinum lol, haven't been fast enough in my mind all season, outclassed by the best guys out there.
For some reason the LM55 is my car, Silverstone and Fuji 4 hour races only time I've been fast enough. But hey, I had some great runs and I wouldn't take them back for anything (except maybe 6 more races...)
Congrats to Warrior2167 on going from 0-Platimum in 1 weekend, and to my teammate ajh_1990 for getting to silver ranking.
Yeah, that's the thing I don't like about the event limitations. I've had to cancel two races to ensure I can get to do the really important races in case I go Platinum. Hopefully next season will have a better system where there aren't any DNQs and everyone is limited to a certain amount of races to allow them to pursue one or two class championships, to prevent car-hopping of the really fast drivers. Congratulations on your Platinum ranking though! I think it's well deserved and although it ended your season unfortunately, it's still a badge you should be proud to sport.

GTPlanet Endurance Series Hall of Fame

Congratulations to @StigsTC, our first inductee into the GTP Endurance - Hall of Fame.

GTPESHOF1.png

@StigsTC now holds the all time record for;

- Greatest number of Races Started.
- Greatest number of Race Victories.

He also shares the following record with @TNR_5zigen;

- Greatest number of Race Podiums.

@StigsTC made his debut in the Series back in January at the 2015 GTPlanet Endurance Series 24 Hours of Daytona.
He also won all 3 races at Silversotne this year!

Kind of disappointed about missing out on Gold yet again...

I felt Monza was my best race of the season with myself being able to match the Gold drivers around me. I was positive I would get the promotion but it never happened.

"OK." I said, "I just need to match them again to prove it wasn't a fluke."

Here comes Fuji: The start messed me up due to lagging into the back of dangerzone which resulted in full front end damage. Despite that, I was able to pass and stay ahead of a Gold rated driver in that stint and the majority of my second stint.

Not 100% sure what it takes to be a Gold driver but I feel like I've ticked all the boxes. Anyone have an idea on what I need to do?

AJ
@StigsTC now holds the all time record for;

- Greatest number of Races Started.
The plan was to make that 18! I failed to stay under the radar long enough.

AJ
He is also on a hat-trick, having won the last 2 Events he has participated in, J12 and FJ4.

I failed to win the Japan 12 hour, Reaper Online Racing won that event.
I however have a different Hat-trick, taking all 3 races at Silverstone this year. (2 overall, 1 class)

AJ
Stop picking up warnings and penalties! ;)
On that note, I think I've yet to get a single penalty this year! (For my own actions anyway, I've been on teams that have had penalties.)
Not 100% sure what it takes to be a Gold driver but I feel like I've ticked all the boxes. Anyone have an idea on what I need to do?
I'll tell you that I've been working since the year started to get a Gold ranking, never mind Platinum. I guess it was quite difficult for me to be fast in the Audi R18 but hey I managed at snail's pace, just focusing on the clean laps and overtakes rather than the raw speed that'll get you hailed as an alien on here. Although I am Gold ranked now the work still isn't over for Platinum and I feel that you're as fast if not faster than me so it's possible. Just gotta put your head down and punch out the professional driving race after race that AJ is looking for. 👍
I failed to win the Japan 12 hour, Reaper Online Racing won that event.
I however have a different Hat-trick, taking all 3 races at Silverstone this year. (2 overall, 1 class)
1000% jealous of you at the moment mate. :P

Last edited:
Caine - That is correct, but my GT500 and LMP3 seasons are still 2 races each from completion; a job I started but have failed to complete. I never saw myself as a risk of going Platinum so I never saw the risk in taking on more events. Seems I will have been unable to finish a single championship this season for 1 reason or another. Alas; "Failure to plan is planning to fail."

Bambi - My teammates were majorly responsible for those wins; TNR_5zigen's wet pace saved me in the 6 and 12 hours, and tanky1's opening stint in the 4 hours put us in the hunt to make what had been but a dream, suddenly possible.

Ok I've been far too serious; so now its time for:
~~~~~~~~~~StigsTC Acceptance Speech for GTP:ES Hall of Fame~~~~~~~~~~

EDIT: I was going to write a joke speech where I cut myself off to music like an awards ceremony but I got too serious thanking various people and it became a huge slab of text that ultimately made me sound like a nutcase. So instead I will thank AJ for taking the time and effort to host such a top notch series; uniting some of the greatest Gran Turismo players on the planet while raising the bar for documentation, presentation and competition of online racing. The others who need thanking are already in my signature; the teams and TMs who gave me rides, helped with setup and generally put up with my antics.

I'll see you guys around.

That is correct, but my GT500 and LMP3 seasons are still 2 races each from completion;

- In GT500 you are currently in 3rd behind the TWR guys with 50 points up for grabs.

- In LM P3 you are leading by 16 points over @Chocochocochip5.

- Remember the final round is 2x points.

- You miss Red Bull Ring, and save your final race for Laguna.

- If @Chocochocochip5 wins at RBR then you will be 9 points behind with 50 points still on offer.

- If @Chocochocochip5 gets 2nd at RBR then you will be 2 points behind with 50 points still on offer.

- If @Chocochocochip5 gets 3rd at RBR then you will be 1 point ahead with 50 points still on offer.

Sounds like we have a thrilling final race for LM P3 in prospect. ;)

AJ
- In GT500 you are currently in 3rd behind the TWR guys with 50 points up for grabs.

- In LM P3 you are leading by 16 points over @Chocochocochip5.

- Remember the final round is 2x points.

- You miss Red Bull Ring, and save your final race for Laguna.

- If @Chocochocochip5 wins at RBR then you will be 9 points behind with 50 points still on offer.

- If @Chocochocochip5 gets 2nd at RBR then you will be 2 points behind with 50 points still on offer.

- If @Chocochocochip5 gets 3rd at RBR then you will be 1 point ahead with 50 points still on offer.

Sounds like we have a thrilling final race for LM P3 in prospect. ;)

Don't forget the LMP3 Team Title as well!

I am entirely aware lol, I've run the calculations already!
If my GT500 team can manage to win the 2 remaining races, they would actually keep me in 3rd place overall, by limiting the competition to 36 points, with the SCAR drivers exactly that many points behind me. (However the single win at Silverstone would be enough on count-back to secure 3rd.)

LMP3 at Laguna Seca will be a fantastic showdown; I do believe I am correct in saying "winner takes all" will be in effect for driver's points, and probably the same for team's too.
I don't know if I'm allowed to beat the boss if he decides to go top of the table after Red Bull Ring!!

Last edited:
LMP3 at Laguna Seca will be a fantastic showdown; I do believe I am correct in saying "winner takes all" will be in effect for driver's points, and probably the same for team's too.
I don't know if I'm allowed to beat the boss if he decides to go top of the table after Red Bull Ring!!
All of this championship talk making me feel slow again. :lol:

/truestory

[cough]If only there was a podcast with a segment were all of these machinations and dramas could be discussed and your achievements highlighted.[/cough]

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-gtplanet-podcast.332437/

Like I said Future; it'll be winner takes all in Laguna. All 4 teams should be within mathematical possibility of winning.

Also I am apparently not allowed in your podcast thread lol.
Speaking of podcasts though; the biggest benefit I can think of is I might actually gather the courage to ask for a commentary slot when you can't fill a roster; I've always wanted to commentary but I was having too much fun racing!

I can honestly say that I never thought we'd be in this position! Our aim at the start of the season was have fun and aim for 3rd or better if possible, knowing the high calibre of the drivers in the class. Silverstone was a huge surprise, we hadn't dreamed of winning, but upon reflection we suspected we had a competitive setup but didn't know how far our skill would take us. The win was welcome, but we didn't let that get to our heads and had the same start of season attitude for Monza.

Pole was encouraging and fighting for the lead was great, unfortunately cut short by the red flag. For Fuji we realised that we might as well go all out for strategy and setup, as we had a realistic chance of doing better than we originally thought, resulting in the win yesterday.

Despite the success, we do know that there's still 8 hours of racing left and anything could happen, so watch this space!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back