2015 GTP Endurance Series: General Discussion

• Thread starter AJ
  • 2,227 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
ronomissing.jpg

Wow. It's been a year already. That's definitely flown past. Well, you know what they say, time flies when you're having fun, and that's been the case from Day 1. I've met some wonderful people, had a few laughs and most of all, enjoyed my time so far here on the 'Planet. A big thank you to @AJ and his crew for running this amazing series. And thank you everyone for making this the greatest place on the internet! :gtpflag:

I hope it's PC Project Cars, don't feel like buying a PS4, new wheel and PS+ at the moment

Half of my current league membership has moved to pCARS on PC for this exact reason (me included). The sad truth for most of us is that this GTPES season is our first and most likely our last It si also our 7th and last GT6 season as a league, as we will be moving to pCARS going forward.

Assetto Corsa is coming out to PS4 next year, and GT7 is also rumoured to be out next year.

I hope the GTP ES will continue whatever might be the case.

I'll still be here on GT6. I'm sorry, but PCars is a pile of buggy 🤬.
I know alot love it, but the game has fallen short for many reasons. I competed very briefly in a PCars league and dear god..... lets just say thank god we do GTPES on GT6..... My opinion of course, like i said alot love it, but i personally wont be leaving for the game anytime soon. I know im not alone with that opinion too....
Here's to GTPES Season 2, and the future! *On GT7 i hope! :P *

Potentially shooting myself in the foot here but going to cover 2 topics at once
Firstly, anyone got any ideas/fixes to negate or at least reduce the catastrophic lag I've been putting out? Just ran a cabled and wi-fi speedtests (2am barely counts I know) but I was able to determine my upload speed is limited by ISP at about 1.5Mb/s as a peak value seen in both tests. Download on the other hand goes from low 20's on wifi to about 100 Mb/s peak speed on cable (no load on connection or network).
I then ran a speedtest to New York city for a laugh, and got 17 down and 1.45 up. So it seems my upload speed is being limited heavily between my router and the internet, while download seems to make a lot of sense based on connection type and location.

The 2nd point of business was; do any GT300 squads need an extra driver for the Spa 24 hours? Assuming I don't go platinum by some freak accident, I have a couple races spare and would quite like to make it to Spa. I'd also ask any GT-Cup teams about the N24, but until this lag situation I have is sorted it'd be a huge risk and I'm uncomfortable messing up the event with such a narrow circuit, so unless I can fix it that idea will have to wait until next year.

Potentially shooting myself in the foot here but going to cover 2 topics at once
Firstly, anyone got any ideas/fixes to negate or at least reduce the catastrophic lag I've been putting out? Just ran a cabled and wi-fi speedtests (2am barely counts I know) but I was able to determine my upload speed is limited by ISP at about 1.5Mb/s as a peak value seen in both tests. Download on the other hand goes from low 20's on wifi to about 100 Mb/s peak speed on cable (no load on connection or network).
I then ran a speedtest to New York city for a laugh, and got 17 down and 1.45 up. So it seems my upload speed is being limited heavily between my router and the internet, while download seems to make a lot of sense based on connection type and location.

The 2nd point of business was; do any GT300 squads need an extra driver for the Spa 24 hours? Assuming I don't go platinum by some freak accident, I have a couple races spare and would quite like to make it to Spa. I'd also ask any GT-Cup teams about the N24, but until this lag situation I have is sorted it'd be a huge risk and I'm uncomfortable messing up the event with such a narrow circuit, so unless I can fix it that idea will have to wait until next year.
Maybe the maintenance is trying to fix the lag.

You could move to the other side of the Earth maybe? that's my only suggestion ;):lol:

What brand is your router mate?

From your PC (or mobile device) go to www.speedtest.net and test your connection speed to a U.K based location. Since AJ hosts the rooms it's more likely an issue with the delays between your location "down under" and the U.K. We see this same thing at work all the time too. North America to Australia is fine, but Europe to Australia has a LOT of lag and delay.

Chances are that your end is fine and your just the unfortunate victim of a bad (inefficient) Internet route.

I'm not an expert, but go to modem utilities and make sure your DMZ is enabled.

5zigen; unless they are re-routing under sea cables I don't think that'll help
Micantony; Continental drift is pretty slow, might take a while. Think how good our connection would have been on pangaea!
Jono; Netgear
F1Racer; Did one to Milton Keynes; got 1.67 down, 1.17 up. (My mate in Milton Keynes got more upload to Australia than I do!)
sprintr; I'll look into modem utilities.

If you are playing games, never use wifi. Your speed is more than enough for playing GT6 and many other games online. More importantly is the ping speeds. What pings are you getting to different servers? As sprintr64 said, get your PS3 in a DMZ, may help solve some routing issues.

My own connection is about 12mbps download, and 1mbps upload for reference, I dont think anyone has issues with my car lagging online and I'm probably the furthest away from anyone being at the bottom of NZ

I am running a cable, but testing both allowed me to see that my upload was being limited somewhere not between my computer/PS3 and router.
Ping to nearest: 8
Ping to Milton Keynes: 321
Ping to Auckland: 45
Ping to New York: 254

Yep, if you set it up correctly the distance should not be a problem. The problem with wifi is also packet loss.

My own connection is about 12mbps download, and 1mbps upload for reference, I dont think anyone has issues with my car lagging online and I'm probably the furthest away from anyone being at the bottom of NZ

I can testify to that. We were side by side the whole Indianapolis straight without any contact. 👍 With 2 LMP1's there's only about 0.5 meters play on either side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back