2015 Italian Grand Prix

• Thread starter NOVOCAINE
  • 395 comments
Ah, I'd thought Alonso pitted on Lap 47, performed another lap and then retired on 48. I'd presumed that he'd lost lap 48 through that step-back rule. 48 laps would give him classification, 47 wouldn't (as you point out).

BBC and Sky results both show Alonso unclassified... but the F1 site (surely the correct one) does indeed show him classified in the last awarded place. Very odd, could the F1 site be wrong?

Further to this; McLaren also have Alonso as an unclassified DNF. I think it's the compiler of the "official" results that's made the mistake...

I don't know which part you think is rushed? The rule isn't new, the mechanism isn't new, the inquiry followed the normal schedule for that type of report from the Technical Delegate.

Simple, the part where it took a step from a recommendation guideline to a technical regulation that had no formal information on what would happen if broken and any other finer details. Also the rule is new in the nature it is, the fact it has some relation to the reg you posted is not the same as being that reg. Also if it was common place as you say then the FIA and Pirelli wouldn't have to get together to fix this mess.

Found it funny when Arai said they have more power than Renault...ummmm noooo

Though he may have said that, it seems McLaren don't want to back him up on it, or at least Bouiller didn't

Last edited:
Found it funny when Arai said they have more power than Renault...ummmm noooo
Actually that's entirely possible - if you assume he means the ICE only.

McLaren's current problem is in the electrics. The ERS isn't scavenging properly and the battery is discharging too quickly. This means that they're dropping around 150hp compared to any other powertrain right at the point where you need the power - straights at 180mph+. At Spa they were dropping off the battery halfway up Kemmel and before Blanchimont. At Monza they'd run out four times a lap.

McLaren's current problem is in the electrics. The ERS isn't scavenging properly and the battery is discharging too quickly. This means that they're dropping around 150hp compared to any other powertrain right at the point where you need the power - straights at 180mph+. At Spa they were dropping off the battery halfway up Kemmel and before Blanchimont. At Monza they'd run out four times a lap.

That is possibly what Arai was referring to, he probably just "conveniently" forgot to mention it. I really hope Honda will get on top of their problems with the ERS system, but it doesn't look like it will be resolved any time soon.

I do recall, in the snippets of the battles shown at Spa, that Alonso seemed to have the ability to fight the Saubers in the corners... only to eventually lose his place at the ends of the long straights.

Latest Posts

Back