2015 Italian Grand Prix

• Thread starter NOVOCAINE
  • 395 comments
The tyres were at the correct pressure when fitted to the car. The tyre warming blankets were disconnected from power source at the time the measurement was taken.

Stewards are happy that the correct procedure was followed and supervised by Pirelli. Recommendation is that further meetings are held to establish measurement protocols.

Maybe it'll turn out that the FIA did indeed measure the tyres at an unsuitable time from the point-of-view of how the teams enact the guidelines?

Understandable for a few tenths of PSI, but Rosberg's at 1.1 under.. did they give up on that because he failed to finish?

I didn't expect this outcome either, back to the actual race though, didn't think it was too bad, Kimi was my driver of the day, apart from the start :lol:

I know. Rosberg gets a 33 place grid penalty for the next race!

^ Makes sense in current F1, Tired have you thought about working for the FIA yet?

I didn't expect this outcome either, back to the actual race though, didn't think it was too bad, Kimi was my driver of the day, apart from the start :lol:

I'd give driver of the day to either Ricciardo or Ericcson, it's about time the Sauber driver gets some due respect for what he's been doing the last few races compared to his hailed team mate.

Also McLaren said they had a more powerful engine for this weekend but they spent most of the race being overtaken, although Button did have a few battles..

And the usual break down as well, they never disappoint...well their drivers, but not the viewers :)👍

The tyres were at the correct pressure when fitted to the car. The tyre warming blankets were disconnected from power source at the time the measurement was taken.

Stewards are happy that the correct procedure was followed and supervised by Pirelli. Recommendation is that further meetings are held to establish measurement protocols.

Maybe it'll turn out that the FIA did indeed measure the tyres at an unsuitable time from the point-of-view of how the teams enact the guidelines?
You would think the warming blankets would be taken into consideration when determining when to make the measurements. Maybe the procedure isn't as clear as it should be?

Also:
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/hamilton-keeps-italian-grand-prix-victory
"Tyre warming blankets had been disconnected from their power source as is normal procedures and the tyres were significantly below the maximum permitted tyre blanket temperature at the time of the FIA measurement on the grid and significantly different temperatures from other cars measured on the grid.
I assume this means colder tires which means less grip on the tires compared to other cars. Partial explanation why Mercedes has trouble with race starts?

It would been useful to include the tire temps when the pressures were taken to avoid the need to print up these memos that have completely overshadowed the fact that the race was boring.

Oh wait...💡 :lol:

It would been useful to include the tire temps when the pressures were taken to avoid the need to print up these memos that have completely overshadowed the fact that the race was boring.

Oh wait...💡 :lol:
*FOM reads this comment*
"***! They're on to us Bernie!" :lol:

Upholding Hamilton's victory is the right decision. Having the incorrect pressure in one tyre could only have slowed him after all. And yet his pace was still blistering. Pretty demoralizing for the opposition to say the least.

It would have been understandable if they had done so, but .3psi isn't enough to gain an advantage and it definitely didn't make a difference later in the race when he was no longer on that set of tires. Lewis also ran the longest stint on that first set of tires.

It would have been understandable if they had done so, but .3psi isn't enough to gain an advantage and it definitely didn't make a difference later in the race when he was no longer on that set of tires. Lewis also ran the longest stint on that first set of tires.

Ehhh, there are commentator's that will argue it does gain an advantage. It's seems the issue overlaps between safety and advantage.

Also I'm feeling entertained, yet disappointed from this race. Rosberg, Kimi, and Bottas all suffered, although to varying degrees. And don't even get me started on Alonso and Mclaren.....

Buy hey, I guess blondes really do have fun, as Lucas was wondering. :D:sly:

Last edited:
Upholding Hamilton's victory is the right decision. Having the incorrect pressure in one tyre could only have slowed him after all.

??? How do you know what his other pressures were?

It would give a very slight advantage. A pressure drop such as that alleged for Rosberg would have given more. That's from Rob Smedley whose knowledge I bow to in this case :)

Very slight until the tires reached temperature and gained pressure again. Even then, the lack of temperature on the start would negate some of the lower pressure. Mercedes isn't good on the starts and Vettel almost did get Hamilton. Raikkonen would have had a good shot at him if he hadn't goofed up with his fingers.

Very slight until the tires reached temperature and gained pressure again. Even then, the lack of temperature on the start would negate some of the lower pressure.

Ah, so you mean the pressures after a cooling cycle... not quite what you said :)

Raikkonen would have had a good shot at him if he hadn't goofed up with his fingers.

But did he? Consensus amongst the driver-spectators seemed to be that he had a dog-clash?

The only ones that know what happened are Kimi and his team. I was only going off of what Arrivabene said post-race.

A clutch issue at the start would seem more probable though.

I recall seeing the shift lights flashing in the error pattern about a second before the lights went out, which is when Kimi looked down to work out what happened. I wonder if he accidentally pressed a button. I mean that could happen to anyone, and by the time he had fixed it (about two seconds later) he already had lost the start

The only ones that know what happened are Kimi and his team. I was only going off of what Arrivabene said post-race.

A clutch issue at the start would seem more probable though.

...and went on to say that he was making a guess before the data was known, which he said was wrong. Raikonnen himself blames the clutch and is "sure" he did everything correctly.

...and went on to say that he was making a guess before the data was known, which he said was wrong. Raikonnen himself blames the clutch and is "sure" he did everything correctly.

Since Raikkonen knows what he's doing there is no need for further investigation on the matter. ;)

Autosport.com reports that RBR won't be using Renault engines in 2016.

The Red Bull Formula 1 team will not run Renault engines next season, AUTOSPORT understands.

Renault and Red Bull's relationship has become fractious during the last two seasons following a string of reliability and performance problems.

Red Bull has a contract with Renault that runs until the end of 2016, but AUTOSPORT sources are adamant the relationship will not continue next year.

1361286604.jpg
Why Renault has come unstuck again

It is understood Red Bull has issued a document requesting a termination of the partnership that will be accepted by Renault.

This comes after Daniel Ricciardo and Daniil Kvyat took their seventh engines of the season for this weekend's Italian Grand Prix, resulting in big grid penalties.

It also leaves Red Bull with Mercedes and Ferrari as the only realistic options for power next season.

Renault's future in F1 has been the subject of speculation during 2015.

It is understood that it has ruled out being an engine supplier to customer teams next year, which has implications for its second outfit Toro Rosso.

That leaves Renault with two options: buy Lotus, where a deal is poised to be agreed, or leave F1 altogether, which a source suggests remains a possibility.

Autosport.com reports that RBR won't be using Renault engines in 2016.

The Red Bull Formula 1 team will not run Renault engines next season, AUTOSPORT understands.

Renault and Red Bull's relationship has become fractious during the last two seasons following a string of reliability and performance problems.

Red Bull has a contract with Renault that runs until the end of 2016, but AUTOSPORT sources are adamant the relationship will not continue next year.

1361286604.jpg
Why Renault has come unstuck again

It is understood Red Bull has issued a document requesting a termination of the partnership that will be accepted by Renault.

This comes after Daniel Ricciardo and Daniil Kvyat took their seventh engines of the season for this weekend's Italian Grand Prix, resulting in big grid penalties.

It also leaves Red Bull with Mercedes and Ferrari as the only realistic options for power next season.

Renault's future in F1 has been the subject of speculation during 2015.

It is understood that it has ruled out being an engine supplier to customer teams next year, which has implications for its second outfit Toro Rosso.

That leaves Renault with two options: buy Lotus, where a deal is poised to be agreed, or leave F1 altogether, which a source suggests remains a possibility.

Surprised the headline to the article was not "In News That Surprises Nobody..."

Latest Posts

Back