2015 Round 3 - Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps - Nissan Zytek Z11SN Greaves Motorsport LMP2

• Thread starter numbnuts70
  • 365 comments
Wales
Old South Wales
numbnuts70
Nissan Zytek Z11SN Greaves Motorsport.

607PP/449BHP/58.6kgfm/900KG.

Rankings.

Stock settings.

Suspension.
50/50
17.94/17.94
4/4

4/4
3/3
4.0/2.8
-0.50/1.00

Downforce.
450/680.

You will receive this car just by participating in the event (includes a red/dirty lap) and can advance to the final round by obtaining Bronze or better.

i1Hrgx1HvC0BmRB.jpg

i1goJUAjZchv4.jpg

i1Xdb4dFYCRyEuH.jpg

i1r9hDcU6w9sU.jpg

i1DOVLdL3rVqJuB.jpg

i1VZfQwUby9xHC.jpg

i1WU3IkVlFRXNb.jpg

i1T4CKvrBFC2X7c.jpg

i1JcPvzQ30Q3Rz.jpg

i1Wl0hm0CpSPD7E.jpg

i1Xr8ja5VaakHz.jpg

i1I9ix5e7ap6LcE.jpg

Spa-Francorchamps_Circuit.jpg

spa.jpg

Last edited:
Fastest lap courtesy of Outlaw4rc.

Notes relating to this clip:

La Source - I've gotten a lot better with trailbraking, although I came in a little too hot on this run. Ideally, I've have a more tidy rotation coming to the apex. The key is that you must start applying gas before the apex. It doesn't have to be a lot, just enough to have some momentum. At best, I've had exits for a theoretical .4xx split. You can still hit .7s without any sliding, though.

Eau Rouge - Frankly, that's the best I've done it. Didn't even drop below 156 mph. I have tested a line where I'm not even aiming for the right cone and the surrounding curbing; I stick on the left edge of the racing line going up the hill. It's a viable alternative to try if you keep scrubbing off too much speed.

Les Combes/Malmady - Not much change from before. I do upshift earlier than Tidgney since I usually turn in too early and I keep hitting the cone in 3rd. :dunce:

Bruxelles (or Rivage): I changed to a less aggressive approach. Constant braking and coast the car in as far as you can. Don't accelerate until you're certain you can clear the corner without lifting.

Bus Bend (That wonderful left hander): Rubbish. A fraction too late with the turn in. Otherwise, I would've nailed the apex and made off like a bandit. Consequently, I hit the outside curbs with too much wheel and I was really lucky I didn't spin out.

Pouhon: I'm starting to miss on this corner. I keep hitting the inside curbing and/or slowing down too much because I can't trailbrake that well. Here, throttled up a bit too early and almost went too wide while fighting understeer.

Fagnes/Campus: A good run through I have had better exits. It requires being a little more methodical with the gas as you're finishing rounding the first section, maybe go 80-90%. Keep it constant going left until you reach the cone.

Stavelot - Did not want to clip the curbing. I hesitated on the gas a bit.

Blanchimont - Pretty good.

Bus Stop - I actually messed up the angle of approach but it helped me use every bit of track. I still don't know how but the car rotated so nicely right without any worries about hitting the cone. The exit, well, I literally mentally yelled at myself to just floor the Zytek and hold on for dear life. When I later checked the data logger between this lap and my .559, guess where I gained that extra tenth? :lol:

Last edited:
Too many aliens! :yuck:

At the 10 minute mark I was in 8th with a 2:11.5?
At the 60 minute mark I was in 79th with a 2:10.51

Well Spa is a huge improvement over Brands Hatch, and the car can't be any worse than the last round (can it? CAN IT? :scared:) so this should be a fun one. :D

New car.... at Spa (very happy)..... saw the time and thought ... meh I can do that in my 66' Jaguar XJ13 ... surely this thing can blitz that.... well its not as easy as I thought.... this car drops speed very quickly so can't let off the gas for too long.... (2.12.2 after about 10 laps )..
Good luck all

I've just watched the top replay taking Eau Rouge flat out. I remember last year in the final round where that seemed possible with a steering wheel but not with a DS3.
I'm going to try my 1st lap now & will be holding the X button down to find out if it works. :scared:

Update: I didn't make it through. :(

Further update: It took a few restarts but I eventually did 2 clean laps. 2:13.666 at first, then down to 2:12.980 for gold.
I might get the wheel out at some point so I can see the difference.

Last edited:
I've just watched the top replay taking Eau Rouge flat out. I remember last year in the final round where that seemed possible with a steering wheel but not with a DS3.
I'm going to try my 1st lap now & will be holding the X button down to find out if it works. :scared:

Hmmm, be prepared for multiple restarts. :dopey::lol:

EDIT: Yeah, just had a go with the wheel and the same thing is happening with this TT.

The DS3 users are not gonna be able to take Eau Rouge as well as wheelers. :ill:

EDITx2: Turn-in with wheel is like chalk and cheese to the pad.......everywhere on the track. :(

All we need now is the recurrence of the grip-glitch. :lol:

Last edited:
Hmmm, be prepared for multiple restarts. :dopey::lol:

EDIT: Yeah, just had a go with the wheel and the same thing is happening with this TT.

The DS3 users are not gonna be able to take Eau Rouge as well as wheelers. :ill:

EDITx2: Turn-in with wheel is like chalk and cheese to the pad.......everywhere on the track. :(

All we need now is the recurrence of the grip-glitch. :lol:

Tried the grip glitch and the effect is not that big than in the last 2 events. Shaved only 0,3 sec off my first time.

what about with those antiquated "controllers"?
Mine is a battlefield 4 controller, not even a Dualshock, so do i have any chance with those four seconds I need to gain?

607PP/449BHP/900KG/58.6kgfm.

Suspension.
50/50
17.94/17.94
4/4

4/4
3/3
4.0/2.8
-0.50/1.00

Downforce.
450/680.

You will receive this car just by participating in the event (includes a red/dirty lap) and can advance to the final round by obtaining Bronze or better.

i1Hrgx1HvC0BmRB.jpg

i1goJUAjZchv4.jpg

i1Xdb4dFYCRyEuH.jpg

i1r9hDcU6w9sU.jpg

i1DOVLdL3rVqJuB.jpg

i1VZfQwUby9xHC.jpg

i1WU3IkVlFRXNb.jpg

i1T4CKvrBFC2X7c.jpg

i1JcPvzQ30Q3Rz.jpg

i1Wl0hm0CpSPD7E.jpg

i1Xr8ja5VaakHz.jpg

i1I9ix5e7ap6LcE.jpg

Online Rankings.
Can you tune your car in this event? Because of the setup

Battlefield-4-PS3-controller-2.jpg

I suppose it would depend on the controller.

this is only the 3rd round so don't worry too much about the times, it's the last 1 that counts but if you're quick enough, you really need to get a wheel.

Can you tune your car in this event? Because of the setup

No, you can't tune this car in this TT.

I put the settings up just out of interest and for future reference.

Last edited by a moderator:

607PP/449BHP/900KG/58.6kgfm.

Stock settings.

Suspension.
50/50
17.94/17.94
4/4

4/4
3/3
4.0/2.8
-0.50/1.00

Downforce.
450/680.

i1Hrgx1HvC0BmRB.jpg

i1goJUAjZchv4.jpg

i1Xdb4dFYCRyEuH.jpg

i1r9hDcU6w9sU.jpg

i1DOVLdL3rVqJuB.jpg

i1VZfQwUby9xHC.jpg

i1WU3IkVlFRXNb.jpg

i1T4CKvrBFC2X7c.jpg

i1JcPvzQ30Q3Rz.jpg

i1Wl0hm0CpSPD7E.jpg

i1Xr8ja5VaakHz.jpg

i1I9ix5e7ap6LcE.jpg

Online Rankings.
So if all I want is this car & I'm not interested in or, haven't taken part in GT Academy yet, is all I have to do is complete a lap?
I was hoping this car would be in the 1.19 game update.

So if all I want is this car & I'm not interested in or, haven't taken part in GT Academy yet, is all I have to do is complete a lap?
I was hoping this car would be in the 1.19 game update.

Just complete a lap, not even a clean 1 and you'll be awarded this car.

There's an update rumoured before Round 4, would that be 1.19?

There's an update rumoured before Round 4
More "stated outright" than rumoured...
Entrants must then again update their copy of the Game, on or after 02 June 2015 at 08.00 BST, and, when prompted, accept these Terms and choose to enter the Competition before completing the fourth (4th) competitive round, which will be available on 2 June 2015 at 08.00 BST.
Aaaaaanyway:

More "stated outright" than rumoured...Aaaaaanyway:

Any word on wether the car will be in said update? If it is, I'll wait until the 2nd June & do the update.
I'm not online at home so that means unplugging my TV, carefully loading it in the car, driving 30 mins to my brother's, hooking it all up & doing the lap. A lot of effort for less than 2:30 worth of driving & then I have to get it all home again without any dramas :scared:

More "stated outright" than rumoured...Aaaaaanyway:

Righto, wasn't sure.

Maybe I was getting confused with the rumoured LMP1 update info.

With the pad I was struggling to get into the 2.11s.

Now with the wheel, into the low 2.09s and at least 0.5s to go.

The difference between the turn-in with the wheel and pad is totally unfair and another 'cock-up' on PDs' part in my opinion. 👎

Any word on wether the car will be in said update?
The LMP2? It's available now. Do any timed lap - not even bronze, just tour round at 6 and red-light it - and it gets delivered to your garage.

It's not in the dealerships yet though. I suspect that will be rectified on June 2nd - along with whatever the final round is (which will in no way be the GT-R LMP1 at La Sarthe).

The LMP2? It's available now. Do any timed lap - not even bronze, just tour round at 6 and red-light it - and it gets delivered to your garage.

It's not in the dealerships yet though. I suspect that will be rectified on June 2nd - along with whatever the final round is (which will in no way be the GT-R LMP1 at La Sarthe).

I take it you can't comment on how you know that info.

I was kind of hoping it wasn't a 1250bhp FWD at LeMans. 👍

Back