2015 TUDOR United Sportscar Championship

• Thread starter MonGnoM
  • 3,449 comments
Hopefully they decide to add some non-NAEC races to their GTLM schedule. Still, and additional cars for any races is a good thing. Daytona can't come soon enough.

I've not looked as per usual, but Daytona 24h would only be 6 weeks away???

Looking forward to this...namely the Continental support series, but this is my favourite series. A bunch of online gaming buddies and I are going to meet for the first time at Elkhart Lake (Road America) next August. Should be fun.

Looking forward to this...namely the Continental support series, but this is my favourite series. A bunch of online gaming buddies and I are going to meet for the first time at Elkhart Lake (Road America) next August. Should be fun.

Have you been there before?

I'm planning on going again in '16 as it was a blast last year apart from the Friday where it rained all day.

I went there a looong time ago as a kid when we saw Indy cars back in...95-ish? But August in Wisconsin is fantastic, the track is fantastic, series is fantastic...and of course the food/beer is fantastic. I can't think of a better venue.

This will be good :), can't wait.

Though not really interested in any of the Prototype classes since it is very likely that Ford won't show up in the P Class to give the Chevrolets a threat. I'm more into Fords debut in GTLM (though I still want Corvette to win since I am a Holden man in V8s) as well as GTD since I always root for the number 22 Porsche (Shane Van Gisbergen, Leh Keen and Cooper Macneil :gtpflag:)

This will be good :), can't wait.

Though not really interested in any of the Prototype classes since it is very likely that Ford won't show up in the P Class to give the Chevrolets a threat. I'm more into Fords debut in GTLM (though I still want Corvette to win since I am a Holden man in V8s) as well as GTD since I always root for the number 22 Porsche (Shane Van Gisbergen, Leh Keen and Cooper Macneil :gtpflag:)
http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/124522-imsa-ganassi-preparing-to-defend-overall-rolex-24-win
Looks like you may have something to cheer about in prototype after all.

Yeah, don't think anyone's buying even if its eligible to run to the 2017 IMSA rules.

I went there a looong time ago as a kid when we saw Indy cars back in...95-ish? But August in Wisconsin is fantastic, the track is fantastic, series is fantastic...and of course the food/beer is fantastic. I can't think of a better venue.

I don't know what all has changed, but I know they've been doing a lot of work recently. Make sure you make the journey to the inside of Canada Corner as you can get fairly close to the track.

I don't know what all has changed, but I know they've been doing a lot of work recently. Make sure you make the journey to the inside of Canada Corner as you can get fairly close to the track.

The only place I remember vividly from my last trip was standing at the top of the hill after the first hard left...and you'd hear the Indy cars going full tilt down that straight (under that Sargento bridge) and then lose sight of them...they'd cut that sharp left corner and you'd get a facefull of exhaust --- you could stand about 5-10 yards off the track at that point. It was great. Can't wait to go back!

Though I work at Nissan Motors UK (NMUK) I own a Mazda and I am looking forward to seeing the improvements (if any) Mazda Motorsports have made to the Lola.

Any news on anther favourite team, Wayne Taylor Racing? I know they are doing Le Mans but nothing about the USCC.

I assume they are, still with a DP. There was a rumor going around that Larbre was in talks with Wayne Taylor about having his sons drive for the team in GTE Pro.

With Labre announcing that the conversion to Pro, guess that fell through. :indiff:

And all Mazda fans should be hyped. The chassis they have is great, and they have some good drivers. The only thing holding them back was corporate in Japan being obsessed by that stupid waste of air diesel engine. Now with the AER powerplant under the bonnet...here comes the big bad Mazda. :mischievous:

Dare I say they could have even won 1 or 2 races. At Detroit they did pretty good and came the closest even with that sorry excuse of an engine.

Speaking of DP's.

Update from Memo Gidley.

An inspiration around the holidays.

http://memogidley.com/2015/12/gidley-gets-sixth-surgery/

Long live the Red Dragon!

SN157482.JPG

Attachments

• SN157482.JPG
    SN157482.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 19
Keep telling myself I need to try and get to the Daytona 24, just checked flights and only £406 return from Glasgow, 3 of my friends have entered so can just crash in thier motorhomes.....

Tempting although would mean Daytona 24, Le Mans 24 and Spa 24 in a single year.

If you have a place to crash...that would be tempting indeed. Personally I don't much like Daytona but I'd like to find a way to Sebring.

I'm hoping to get to any 24 hour race in my lifetime.
3 in one year would be awesome.

I did Nürburgring 24, LM24, Spa 24 and Silverstone 24 this year... and your right, it was awesome :D I guess it's different in the 'States as the costs involved in getting to the European races is a lot higher.

If I get a sensible xmas bonus, I may try and get a last minute deal for Daytona.

Back