2015 TUDOR United Sportscar Championship

• Thread starter MonGnoM
  • 3,449 comments
Its almost 2016, someone should create a new thread for this

Guess that'll be me then since the original thread starter pretty much isn't even around here anymore.

@Clark, Turner Motorsports have started wrapping the beast for next season. :D

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I did Nürburgring 24, LM24, Spa 24 and Silverstone 24 this year... and your right, it was awesome :D I guess it's different in the 'States as the costs involved in getting to the European races is a lot higher.

If I get a sensible xmas bonus, I may try and get a last minute deal for Daytona.
"sensible bonus" ?
I work for myself, so no bonus' here.

Unfortunately the only 24 hour race state-side is Daytona.
I have been there but for the Daytona 500 NASCAR event. We were there in 2002 with a camper in the infield. The wife would not allow the expense of overseas travel, Daytona probably. She likes the warmth but when we were there in 2002 it was not warm, definitely a heavy sweatshirt, she wanted a parka.

Longest race I've been to is the 6 hours at Watkins Glen.
It's a 5 - 6 hour drive. I stay all weekend to see all the action including the fans.
Do you stay on premises all weekend for the events you attend?

"sensible bonus" ?
I work for myself, so no bonus' here.

I'm lucky, I had a great year this year, but given that I'm always broke at Christmas, and Daytona is around about £1000 event, I'd need to be able to make a bit of space on the ol' credit card.

Unfortunately the only 24 hour race state-side is Daytona.
I have been there but for the Daytona 500 NASCAR event. We were there in 2002 with a camper in the infield. The wife would not allow the expense of overseas travel, Daytona probably. She likes the warmth but when we were there in 2002 it was not warm, definitely a heavy sweatshirt, she wanted a parka.

Daytona is a good race, I thoroughly enjoyed watching the Rolex when JPM was driving for Chip.

Longest race I've been to is the 6 hours at Watkins Glen.
It's a 5 - 6 hour drive. I stay all weekend to see all the action including the fans.
Do you stay on premises all weekend for the events you attend?

Spa, the Ring, and Le Mans are all about a 7 hour drive from where I live in England (give or take a bit, and including the getting the car through the Channel Tunnel), so I just chuck the camping gear in the boot and pitch up at the track campsites for 4-5 days. Silverstone is just down the road so I kipped in the car (infield parking) during the safety car periods overnight. I love being at the circuit for Endurance racing, it's incredible, though some events are noticeably better than others. Daytona is the last one I'm really interested in doing.

Daytona is a good race, I thoroughly enjoyed watching the Rolex when JPM was driving for Chip.

You mean that year they finished with an unpainted white nose on the car since they ran out of spares due to JPM tearing it off knocking everyone out of his way? I'm surprised any race series lets that guy on track :D

You mean that year they finished with an unpainted white nose on the car since they ran out of spares due to JPM tearing it off knocking everyone out of his way? I'm surprised any race series lets that guy on track :D

I'd take Montoya over Gustavo Crashaman or Tracy Crash-Prone Krohn.

I seriously don't get the rage over the class colored mirrors and endplates. they aren't exactly in your face.

I seriously don't get the rage over the class colored mirrors and endplates. they aren't exactly in your face.
Some paint schemes are ruined by it. Some it doesn't matter. The green is less annoying than the blue (and my favorite color is blue :odd: ). It's just a personal taste thing. However...clearly IMSA didn't see the reaction NFL fans gave when the NFL and Nike thought it was "ok" to have one team wearing red, and one team wearing green on the same field. :lol:

Now if we could just get IMSA to use the old ALMS or the WEC class color system... :indiff:

Also different end-plates and mirrors really are only useful if a team runs two cars. Helps determine which pair is in what car. Doesn't help determine which of the pair is in a particular car but that is better than nothing.

Some paint schemes are ruined by it. Some it doesn't matter. The green is less annoying than the blue (and my favorite color is blue :odd: ). It's just a personal taste thing. However...clearly IMSA didn't see the reaction NFL fans gave when the NFL and Nike thought it was "ok" to have one team wearing red, and one team wearing green on the same field. :lol:

Now if we could just get IMSA to use the old ALMS or the WEC class color system... :indiff:

Its not even implemented in a in-your-face kind of way though (like having a whole roof color or something).

Its not even implemented in a in-your-face kind of way though (like having a whole roof color or something).
It's just a personal thing, it's not a bad system, I just like the cleaner way that the WEC/ELMS/AsLMS and Blancpan do these class systems.

The green will be easier to read on the LED board thankfully however. 👍

I'm ok with them on the PC Cars and if the car livery fits it, like the Aston Martion but others just feel like they shouldn't belong.

Not to mention, they seem rather redundant anyway in terms of helping people identify. Remember when the GTD Porsche got a Black Flag for what the GTLM Porsche did.

I'm ok with them on the PC Cars and if the car livery fits it, like the Aston Martion but others just feel like they shouldn't belong.

Not to mention, they seem rather redundant anyway in terms of helping people identify. Remember when the GTD Porsche got a Black Flag for what the GTLM Porsche did.

That was a moronic call on Race control (which got sorted after a stern talking to so that hasn't happened again since).

#notthe912

Also different end-plates and mirrors really are only useful if a team runs two cars. Helps determine which pair is in what car. Doesn't help determine which of the pair is in a particular car but that is better than nothing.

The colours are to differentiate between classes, not cars.

The colours are to differentiate between classes, not cars.

I thought that was the race number background like in the WEC. Both AF Corse cars in the WEC have a 'green' background because they are GT-Pro. That would not help me determine whether James Calado is in the car or Gianmaria Bruni or Toni Villander. The only way for me to tell is the wing mirrors. On the #51 458 Italia last year the wing mirrors were black and on the #71 it is yellow. Like with Team Manthey and the AMR cars, the AF Corse cars were identical in livery. Only other colour differences on the car would help.

I thought that was the race number background like in the WEC. Both AF Corse cars in the WEC have a 'green' background because they are GT-Pro. That would not help me determine whether James Calado is in the car or Gianmaria Bruni or Toni Villander. The only way for me to tell is the wing mirrors. On the #51 458 Italia last year the wing mirrors were black and on the #71 it is yellow. Like with Team Manthey and the AMR cars, the AF Corse cars were identical in livery. Only other colour differences on the car would help.

That's the way it should work, but isn't the way IMSA is doing it because they lack common sense.

Back