2015 TUDOR United Sportscar Championship

• Thread starter MonGnoM
  • 3,449 comments
Telmex was there with Sabates, and with him leaving, they will also be leaving. No news yet on who will replace the primary sponsor.

Except its Memo Rojas Leaving, not Felix Sabates. The article seems to suggest that it was Memo Rojas that brought Telmex to the team and are leaving with him.

Dallara Likewise is a huge constructor (mostly of Open-Wheel Machinery) so they too would be fine.

Dallara had a big hand in Audi's prototype program, I believe they are still heavily involved in the R18 program,

Jenna Fryer@JennaFryer6m
Chip Ganassi Racing has new sponsor (Ford and EcoBoost) and new driver (Joey Hand) for No. 01 United SportsCar Championship

So I guess the livery doesn't have to change that much, just the shade of blue.

Looks that way. Won't affect their Traditional Rolex 24 Target Livery too much I imagine.

2015 Honda Accord using GM's marketing concepts ;)
coupe-for-web.jpg
Much prefer the Lola Mazda and pretty much every other closed cockpit LMP2 to date over that thing...maybe I'll warm up to it a little more when I see it in person. The Ligier is a little better looking in person too

I'd chalk that up as a loss even with them going to PWC.

I'd much rather see K-PAX and Flying Lizards as two separate entities. Here's to hoping they stick out running in Tudor on occasion.

So I'm gonna guess that means 2015 is the final season for Ganassi in DP.

It's nice to see Ganassi finally competing on the worlds stage and Ford returning to it. Now if only Dodge hadn't dropped the Viper program and Ferrari would do a proper GT program we would have possibly the best GT grid of all time.

In the end, it was Chrysler that made that decision so they had no choice.

Leaving a series after winning it all seems to be something Chrysler likes doing in this era. They did it first with NASCAR (granted, that was also due to Penske switching to Ford and no top tier teams wanting to go to Dodge) and now this. I'm pretty sure that the Vipers will be back eventually, but I don't know when that day will be.

Hopefully Ford will (re)develop a P2 engine but I bet the 01 DP train is over after '15. I cant imagine there will be any money in the budget for a 2 class program.

Ganassi probably is done with P after this season. They're throwing the kitchen sink at it to hopefully get Pruett one last overall victory to have more than Haywood and one last championship. That P budget is about 2/3 as much as a WEC LMP2 budget at this point as per various drivers over twitter. Having manufacturer backing with a car is about all you need to race GTLM where Pruett probably wants to race more than P. With all the uncertainty coming in the P class, I don't blame them for jumping to a class where all they do is show up and race with a blank check from Ford.

On more positive news: That Martini liveried Starworks DP needs to happen full season. Beautiful car

I don't get the K-Pax - Flying Lizard deal, at all. I figured they would stick to the Audi regardless but wonder why they didn't.

I don't get the K-Pax - Flying Lizard deal, at all. I figured they would stick to the Audi regardless but wonder why they didn't.

K-Pax already had a deal going on with McLaren so it seems just more convient to stick with what was already had in the series FLM is heading to.

Ganassi probably is done with P after this season. They're throwing the kitchen sink at it to hopefully get Pruett one last overall victory to have more than Haywood and one last championship. That P budget is about 2/3 as much as a WEC LMP2 budget at this point as per various drivers over twitter. Having manufacturer backing with a car is about all you need to race GTLM where Pruett probably wants to race more than P. With all the uncertainty coming in the P class, I don't blame them for jumping to a class where all they do is show up and race with a blank check from Ford.

On more positive news: That Martini liveried Starworks DP needs to happen full season. Beautiful car
1. Good for Ganassi (if confirmed)THOUGH something tells me they should pick something other than Target to run if they get the Ford GT program. Jus Sayin
2. Can someone tell my why they can't brand the "BMW" DP engines as Dinan's if the only BMW parts are the designs, a few small things, and the stickers. It's annoying/weird.
3. agreed on the livery,but what is it with Starworks and those ugly pin-up type silhouettes on the window panels. It's weird and sort of messes with the livery

1. Good for Ganassi (if confirmed)THOUGH something tells me they should pick something other than Target to run if they get the Ford GT program. Jus Sayin
2. Can someone tell my why they can't brand the "BMW" DP engines as Dinan's if the only BMW parts are the designs, a few small things, and the stickers. It's annoying/weird.
3. agreed on the livery,but what is it with Starworks and those ugly pin-up type silhouettes on the window panels. It's weird and sort of messes with the livery
1.) I think Ganassi is all but in for the GTLM and Le Mans program. I want the Cessna livery they ran at Belle Isle on their DP would look great
2.) Dinan develops all of those BMW engines. It's BMW parts, but he builds the engine
3.) I like the pin ups. They add personalization. Every time they crash, the girl gets changed. The best Starworks quirk is a tie between Peter's fancy, shiny shoes and the funny "flags" they put on the driver names.

I loved it when instead of Sebastian Bourdais's usual name, they instead had "SeaBass" :lol:

Also, I liked the Pin up girls as well. Now it might help that I sorta am a Aircraft nut and therefore it sorta plays some bias, but I've always liked them.

I loved it when instead of Sebastian Bourdais's usual name, they instead had "SeaBass" :lol:

Also, I liked the Pin up girls as well. Now it might help that I sorta am a Aircraft nut and therefore it sorta plays some bias, but I've always liked them.
Then instead of Alex Popow, they called him "Seacow" because Alex didn't like seeing SeaBass on the car and he had gained weight in the offseason :lol:

[QUOTE="RACECAR, post: 10339732,

Is it just me, or does this car sound a lot more like the C7.R?[/QUOTE]
GOOD LAWD that thing sounds like an epic conquering BEAST.

What I meant was it now has the same raw raspiness to it that the C7.R has, which wasn't there when the exhausts were rearward facing.

Back