Wardez

Not Hotdog
Staff Emeritus
United States
Las Vegas UTC-8
Wardez
Wardez
Last edited:
No news yet, but since things are changing left and right, you never know unfortunately...

My gut feeling tells me Canada will be included, but there's absolutely no evidence for this beyond common assumption.

"Beginning at midnight tonight, the next gamer-to-professional-racer prospect will enter an online competition in Gran Turismo®6 (GT6™), the racing simulator on the PlayStation®3 (PS3™) system, racing virtually to become one of the 20 fastest gamers in the U.S. who will get a chance to attend the U.S. finals this summer. In a change from previous years, the U.S. region will participate as part of the International competition in 2015 and as such, only the top six emerge from the U.S. finals to advance to the International Finals. There they will try to prove they are one of the best in the world, deserving of a shot at the dream job of a professional racing placement for Nissan."

Off gran-turismo.com

Yeah I saw that.. if Canada isn't included, or is, I personally just want some sort of confirmation.. as I'm sure everyone else in Canada wants

Wow. Some big shockers here. Not only will it be MUCH tougher to get into regionals and the finals, now there's a possibility there won't even be be a US winner.

I also fear that Canada just got left out entirely, again.

Wow. Some big shockers here. Not only will it be MUCH tougher to get into regionals and the finals, now there's a possibility there won't even be be a US winner.

I also fear that Canada just got left out entirely, again.
We were in last year, but elections are coming up, and there's the issues with all the provincial tax systems, etc. We're a weird country. :lol:

So, I'm a little confused here. Does this mean that there will only be 4 finalist positions for the U.S. this year or is it still the 32? as it was last year?

since Canada's out, am giving away my PS3 & GT6, prepping for PCars on PC. too bad everyone in this forum already has a PS3 & GT6, so I may have to blend it instead.

I'm thinking of doing the exact same thing.

If Canada is left out, I feel the immediate response from the Canadian GTPlanet community will be overwhelmingly negative. And we will continue to bring this to PD attention until we are included in the competitions again.

...Then we will apologise for being so persistent. :lol:

so i guess us egyptians are gonna have to go up against the US along with other countries....this should be interesting. oh and don't worry US we don't get an online qualification live events only so we won't be a threaten on the special event :D

Latest Posts

Back