2016 Verizon IndyCar SeriesOpen Wheel 

• Thread starter VNAF Ace
  • 8,011 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rodolfo Gonzalez has never driven a race as good as that in his life, it's fitting that a Dale Coyne car broke into the top 10 today, Justin would be proud.

Congrats to Ganassi on winning their 100th Indycar race and Dixon winning the title, given Penske's final day meltdowns it was inevitable that they would throw it away, especially since Power seems to lack spacial awareness.

He will be driving the Ford GT GTE at the Daytona 24. ;)
Can't. Toronto doubleheader interferes with that. Anyone racing in LM next year will not be a full time IndyCar or NASCAR driver.

Tim Cindric should have been on the radio saying Montoya is behind you. Don't cut across.

Anyways, double points is stupid. Happy for Dixon though!

They are starting the season in January?
Le Mans next year is July 10th, Toronto double header is July 16-17, so I might be wrong. But past years when both were held in June, IndyCar booked Toronto on the same weekend as Le Mans.
EDIT: I see my problem. I confused Daytona and Le Mans. My bad.

Le Mans is almost guaranteed to be a open week on the Indycar schedule with Texas likely on 6/11 and Road America confirmed on 6/26. The issue they could have is the test day will probably be the same weekend as Detroit.

Gutted my man Juan Pablo Montoya didn't win the title. He still had a great season including that come-from-behind 2015 Indy 500 victory. All congratulations to Scott Dixon. I take nothing away from him. I saw most of the race- mostly just checking in to see how the race was playing out. The way Montoya was talked about made it seem like little things like the DNF at Iowa and whatever he did to a teammate were just little things that made a big difference in him not winning the championship this season.

The season is still over too early, and the races could probably be spread apart a bit better. But... I am not management of the IndyCar Series.

Just got home from Sonoma Raceway. Congratulations to Scott Dixon, Target Chip Ganassi Racing, and Chevrolet, your 2015 IndyCar Champions! :cheers:

And congratulations to Sebastien Bourdais for once again earning the title for most hated IndyCar driver in America and Canada! 🤬 :mad:

Last edited:
By Montoya wrecking him? Hmmmm okay there bruh.

Not sure how that was Montoya's Fault. Power went wide and Montoya had no idea he was gonna cut down back on him when he took that line (which even Power admitted was a silly move).

Believe it or not, this is what IndyCar needed. This week has been nothing but scrutiny and misery from a PR standpoint, for very good reason. But today, it shined. The finale was excellent. It was dramatic, it was tense, but it was purely amazing racing. When the light shines on them, IndyCar can be brilliant, and today in the bottom of the 9th, the pulled in a grand slam. It was a great way to end the season and a great way to remember the Bad Ass Justin Wilson.

By the way, for those complaining about double points, Montoya got the benefits of double points from Indy. Take double points away from Indy and Sonoma, Dixon's still champion, 482 to Montoya having 478.

Believe it or not, this is what IndyCar needed. This week has been nothing but scrutiny and misery from a PR standpoint, for very good reason. But today, it shined. The finale was excellent. It was dramatic, it was tense, but it was purely amazing racing. When the light shines on them, IndyCar can be brilliant, and today in the bottom of the 9th, the pulled in a grand slam. It was a great way to end the season and a great way to remember the Bad Ass Justin Wilson.

True. It was a race that was as badass as the driver they honored.

Agreed. Although I would've preferred to see Graham win the Championship. It would've been an epic comeback story of a 1-car Honda team (Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing) beating 2 Chevrolet super teams (Chip Ganassi Racing and Team Penske).

I've also updated the thread title in preparation for the 2016 Verizon IndyCar Series. :gtpflag:

And everyone seemed to forget that it was a Double points Farce.

Regardless Dixon was the best out there today, Montoya drove better in this race then the last half of a season combined but there wasn't much he could do.

Bad luck with Rahal as well, car looked pretty undriveable in the race and bourdais hitting him must of felt like a knock out blow.

And everyone seemed to forget that it was a Double points Farce.

Regardless Dixon was the best out there today, Montoya drove better in this race then the last half of a season combined but there wasn't much he could do.

Bad luck with Rahal as well, car looked pretty undriveable in the race and bourdais hitting him must of felt like a knock out blow.
So was Indy. It was a bit of that karma Montoya mentioned at Mid Ohio.

By the way, for those complaining about double points, Montoya got the benefits of double points from Indy. Take double points away from Indy and Sonoma, Dixon's still champion, 482 to Montoya having 478.
Other way around, Montoya wins by 4. Dixon was 4th and 1st in double points races, JPM 1st and 6th; Dixon loses more points. Montoya should stop whinging, you can hardly say your championship rival got "lucky" and had a bad season if the two possible results (in terms of double points) or no were either a tiny four-point gap or a dead heat...

Well done Scott! Once again he shows just how much better than everyone else he is on a road course :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back