2016-17 UEFA Champions League Thread

• Thread starter Brend
  • 522 comments
Sevilla 2-1 Leicester and Porto 0-2 Juventus, Sevilla largely dominated having 70% possession, hitting the crossbar and having a penalty saved, but Vardy's first CL goal could keeps their hopes alive, Sarabia and Correa got the host's goals, it was Correa's penalty that was saved by Schmeichel in the first half.

In the other game, Porto had Telles sent off for two quick yellows in the first half but it still took Juve a while to break them down with Pjaca and Alves striking with 15 mins of normal time left.

Sevilla 2-1 Leicester and Porto 0-2 Juventus, Sevilla largely dominated having 70% possession, hitting the crossbar and having a penalty saved, but Vardy's first CL goal could keeps their hopes alive, Sarabia and Correa got the host's goals, it was Correa's penalty that was saved by Schmeichel in the first half.
Honestly, when Vardy scored I celebrated like Leicester won the Premier League again :lol:
But aside the jokes, I like how Leicester never quits the games, so I hope that result can give them a boost

Leicester with a half decent performance but most importantly, Vardy takes his first shot in over 380 game minutes and it's a Champion's League away goal. A 1-0 win in the 2nd leg and they could be into the round of 8.

To say Sevilla had the possession in this one would be an understatement. They completed (and attempted) over 400 more passes than Leicester:

upload_2017-2-23_7-0-8.png

This is LITERALLY a whole new level of destruction in this game.... let's hope Bayern doesn't pull a Falcons here though :sly:;)

Arsenal vs Bayern Munich, the chance to salvage some lost pride. Which they did in the first half (should've got more than 1) but ever since Koscielny got sent off for hacking down Lewandowski in the box... well, they haven't hit the self-destruct button so much as put their collective fist through it, especially in these last few minutes.

And up go the "Wenger out!" signs.

Arsenal vs Bayern Munich, the chance to salvage some lost pride. Which they did in the first half (should've got more than 1) but ever since Koscielny got sent off for hacking down Lewandowski in the box... well, they haven't hit the self-destruct button so much as put their collective fist through it, especially in these last few minutes.

And up go the "Wenger out!" signs.
Sad part is he'll come back and say "it is tough times, but every thing is fine" and the Board will nod their heads and nothing will change. :mad:

Sad part is he'll come back and say "it is tough times, but every thing is fine" and the Board will nod their heads and nothing will change. :mad:

If I was any good at that Photoshop lark, this is the point where I'd slap his face on that relevant meme and re-post it here. ;)

I think the players have let Wenger down though, did anyone see Sanchez laughing on the bench?!

Bayern slap Arsenal with 10-2 over 2 matches and Real Madrid knocks out Napoli with 6-2 after 2 matches. Also notice that Real played decent only for around 50-60 minutes of 120 total, and still got 2 great results. Ramos with 2 clinical headers and Morata with the 3rd to really secure the win today. 1 was a bit lucky with the deflection, but it went in anyway.

Some interesting matches tomorrow with Barcelona trying to come back after 0-4 in Paris. Dortmund on the other hand should be able to win against Benfica with enough goals to go on to the next stage.

I could slap the silly out of Hamsik. All that hard work frown thrown away because of his stupid lazy pass that he does repeatedly, also did it in the 1st half. It's not as if he doesn't know we've been diabolical on corners all season. Koulibally can do one too, was awesome last season but now looks like a Serie C player. Good effort until the equaliser.

I could slap the silly out of Hamsik. All that hard work frown thrown away because of his stupid lazy pass that he does repeatedly, also did it in the 1st half. It's not as if he doesn't know we've been diabolical on corners all season. Koulibally can do one too, was awesome last season but now looks like a Serie C player. Good effort until the equaliser.
Are you blind? Hamsik has one of the best pass completion percentages in the team and in the Serie A and your defence would be lackluster if it wasn't for Koulibaly, and I highly doubt you even watch Napoli that regularly as they have excelled in expectations this season and you are fortunate enough that Milik was injured at the start of the season so Mertens could get the central role as I couldn't see Napoli scoring as many goals this season if Mertens played out wide. Only true fans of Napoli will know what those two players bring to your team and you to assume that they are rubbish after this game, then you can do one.

Are you blind? Hamsik has one of the best pass completion percentages in the team and in the Serie A and your defence would be lackluster if it wasn't for Koulibaly, and I highly doubt you even watch Napoli that regularly as they have excelled in expectations this season and you are fortunate enough that Milik was injured at the start of the season so Mertens could get the central role as I couldn't see Napoli scoring as many goals this season if Mertens played out wide. Only true fans of Napoli will know what those two players bring to your team and you to assume that they are rubbish after this game, then you can do one.
Firstly do not ever assume again about me. Secondly dont assume i have assumed anything when the reality is you dont know ****, and no i dont assume they are rubbish after this game, my issues with those two go back years, nor do think they are rubbish. Only true Napoli fans? How do you know what a true Napoli fan knows or thinks? I am from Napoli, there isn't a single game i have missed in 30 years, statistics do not tell you how mentally weak Hamsik is, nor how many easy passes he messes up, nor do they tellyou how many time he sets up opponents attacks with lazy passes ( Twice yesterday ) now how much of the season he drifts through.

Koulibally has been absolutely awful for most of this season, particularly since returning from the African cup. When Koulibally has a Good game he is a beast, when he doesn't he is piss poor (his performance away yo Empoli two seasons ago was worthy of investigation ). I hope we get a 60 mill bid for him.

How arrogant of you to assume you know more about this Napoli team than myself or question i even watch games. You know what they say assumptions.

As for your ridiculous theory that Napoli were fortunate Milik picked up an injury as you couldn't see them scoring many goals, well it's ridiculous. Milik was top scorer before his injury and scoring in every game ( Only true Napoli fans know this I'm guessing ). Mertens in the center only works against defences that dont pack the defence.

So with the risk of quoting someone who just happens to be arrogant as well as clueless, you can do one!

As for your ridiculous theory that Napoli were fortunate Milik picked up an injury as you couldn't see them scoring many goals, well it's ridiculous. Milik was top scorer before his injury and scoring in every game ( Only true Napoli fans know this I'm guessing ). Mertens in the center only works against defences that dont pack the defence.
Do you know that Milik had only scored 4 goals before his injury and in fact he didn't score in every game prior. If your saying Mertens only works against a packed defence then can you explain to me how he managed to get behind the defensive line twice of Roma who have one the best defences in the league if not the best as they play 5 at the back plus grabbing 18 goals this season.

Koulibally has been absolutely awful for most of this season, particularly since returning from the African cup. When Koulibally has a Good game he is a beast, when he doesn't he is piss poor (his performance away yo Empoli two seasons ago was worthy of investigation ). I hope we get a 60 mill bid for him.
Koulibaly has only played 3 games (except UCL) since his return from the AFCON and won all his matches since he has been played in so I don't know how you get the assumption of how is he performing bad and according to Squawka he has only made 2 defensive errors throughout this entire season which is on the level of World class territory of defenders.

Firstly do not ever assume again about me. Secondly dont assume i have assumed anything when the reality is you dont know ****, and no i dont assume they are rubbish after this game, my issues with those two go back years, nor do think they are rubbish. Only true Napoli fans? How do you know what a true Napoli fan knows or thinks? I am from Napoli, there isn't a single game i have missed in 30 years, statistics do not tell you how mentally weak Hamsik is, nor how many easy passes he messes up, nor do they tellyou how many time he sets up opponents attacks with lazy passes ( Twice yesterday ) now how much of the season he drifts through.
I have watched every Napoli game this season except UCL fixtures (due to the clash with Arsenal) and every attack comes from Hamsik who essentially is the playmaker of your team and is arguably the best passer in the team and statistics show in the amount of chances he has created this season. In terms of mentally he is one of the most intelligent footballers I have ever witnessed plus he dictates play very well and it gives reason to why he is captain and majority and if not all Napoli fans appreciate his commitment to the club as I would compare him to a more elegant version of Nainggolan. And also what do you mean by drifting off when he is currently Napoli's best player at the moment of par with Mertens plus I will bet any money on that he will make into the Serie A Team of the Year like he did last season if you aren't forgetting.

Yippe!!! Now take out Real Madrid and we got ourselves a Champions League!

I hope to god i did not just jinx PSG...

Yippe!!! Now take out Real Madrid and we got ourselves a Champions League!

I hope to god i did not just jinx PSG...

Barcelona 6-1 PSG

:lol:

Both of them are pathetic... PSG played to lose and Barcelona recieved all the help they could get from the ref...

THEY PULLED A PATRIOTS!!!! I DON'T BELIEVE IT!!! THEY ACTUALLY 🤬 DID IT!!!

WHY DID I JINX PSG WHYYYY!!!!

IM SO SORRY @girabyt3!!! FFS WHAT HAVE I DONE!!

Back