2016-2017 FA Cup

• Thread starter Famine
  • 78 comments
Fair play to Lincoln, that's an insane result!

Also Barton is an arse, but we all knew that anyway.

What a day it has been!

Lincoln becoming the first non league team in 94 years to make the quarter finals/sixth round, Millwall knocking out Leicester, Huddersfield taking Man City to a replay, great effort from Oxford but lost 3-2 away to Middlesbrough, brilliant!

Wolves v Chelsea on now.

Edit Chelsea just take a 65 minute lead through Pedro, Wolves giving it a go and making them work hard.

Last edited:
If the last team was QPR in 1914, then 2017-1914 = ???

103 years, i cant do maths!

Fulham 0-1 Spurs at the break, Kane with the goal, been pretty much all Spurs who look very dangerous in attack and Fulham have struggled to contain them at times.

Edit, now 0-2 Spurs, Kane again, game over??

Last edited:
United through after beating Blackburn 2-1. Blackburn played very well but I think they were at 100% and United only needed to step up the gears during moments. Romero had a blunder that was almost a costly one though.

Last edited:
Weren't at the races for the first 20 minutes, two great goals with great assists, we keep going...

Very comfortable win for Spurs, sixth round draw coming up.

Chelsea v Man United
Middlesbrough v Huddersfield/Man City
Spurs v Millwall
Sutton/Arsenal v Lincoln

Last edited:
Going to be very interesting to see how Arsenal players react to their surroundings tonight, playing at a place like Sutton United and using that dressing room is bound to have an effect.

Also just seen a pic on Twitter of the Sutton reserve keeper hoovering the dugouts, and found out that the Sutton boss does a spot of vaping during the match...

Gutted for Sutton, Looks like its going to finish 2.0. Gave all they had, well done lads you put on a good account for yourselves. 👍

Did anyone else read about the alleged spot-fixing in this match? It caused a huge Twitter storm amongst the footballing accounts I follow.

SunBet offered 8/1 that Sutton's reserve player/goalkeeper coach Wayne Shaw would eat a pie live on TV. If you take a look at him, you know he's never missed a dinner.

Sure enough, he did and was seen on camera doing so. Who are Sutton United sponsored by again? Oh that's right... SunBet!

I really want to believe Shaw didn't collude with Scum Bets over this and just wanted to screw them out of money, but the gambling industry loves to pull publicity stunts - anyone remember Paddy Power offering odds on the Pistorius case?

Shaw left the club this morning after the alleged spot-fixing last night.

Whichever way you look at it, it stinks.

On the face of it, it breaches betting rules. Spot-fixing.
Wayne Shaw is coerced to resign from the club. That's bad. You don't want someone being out of work.
But if he was a known confederate in the "experiment", that's also bad; you shouldn't bring down the spirit of arguably your club's second biggest night in history.

What irks me the most is this: SunBets sponsored Sutton United... for that game only! That's what really stinks. Sutton were happy to cash in and accept grubby Sun money for the one game, throwing their normal sponsor under a bus for a big fixture with lots of TV exposure. Yet Wayne Shaw is the only one who is seemingly under scrutiny here.

And don't get me started on the patronising swines who said that this game was for people for whom "Costa is a coffee and Kane is a walking stick".

🤬 off.

I also noticed the shiny LED advertising hording around the pitch displaying the services of Virgin and Europcar etc during the match, i really don't think you can blame Sutton for wanting to eek some extra coin out of it if it helps the club out financially, they may never get a run in the cup like this again.

Replay between Man City and Huddersfield live on BBC One tonight, winner away to Middlesbrough in quarter finals.

Bravo has received Peps backing... Again. After another howler.

This weekends FA Cup sixth round games.

Saturday
Middlesbrough v Man City (12.45 BBC)
Arsenal v Lincoln (5.15 BT)

Sunday
Tottenham v Millwall (2pm BT)

Monday Night
Chelsea v Man United (7.45 BBC)

Didn't expect anything from the match, was never a second yellow, and it did ruin the game, i was happy that we kept it to one, for all their chances Chelsea could only score one.

Arsenal get Bayern in the next round of the cup, just kidding!

Chelsea v Tottenham
Arsenal v Man City

Shame about the red but it's Herrera's fault for giving the second foul away. Don't give the foul away and there is no chance of a second yellow.

Both cards imo were soft yellows but 1-0 away to the team top of the table with 10 men for 60 odd minutes having played a few days before in eastern Europe really wasn't that bad a result. Just happened to be a knockout game.

Shame about the red but it's Herrera's fault for giving the second foul away. Don't give the foul away and there is no chance of a second yellow.

Both cards imo were soft yellows but 1-0 away to the team top of the table with 10 men for 60 odd minutes having played a few days before in eastern Europe really wasn't that bad a result. Just happened to be a knockout game.
I agree, we can feel hard done by with the sending off but it was Herrera's fault for chancing it when he was already on a yellow. I do like Herrera as a player but he's started picking up a lot of yellows. I don't think we can argue about the result, we did ok considering we went down to 10 men in the first half. Chelsea played well and deserved the win though I would have preferred for us to have snatched it.

Cup semi finals this weekend, Chelsea v Spurs and Saturday and Arsenal v Man City on Sunday, Man City haven't sold out their 33,000 allocation yet, to be fair they are the only ones who have to travel to the game, the other three are fairly close by.

Latest Posts

Back