2016 Fantasy NASCARNASCAR 

I had JJ starting, but benched him once I saw Harvick had the pole. It's going to be a great points day. :indiff:

I was able to avoid any major "A" driver issues. Kyle had his issues early (and a little bit of damage from the big wreck), but came back to finish 6th. The "C" drivers were pretty much a wash. I forgot that qualifying is always on Thursday for the fall Charlotte race, so I didn't get a chance to switch out my drivers before the weekend. I would have put Bowman on my team and started him after he qualified 2nd. That would have netted me a nice 39th place finish. And after Elliott got collected in the wreck, I thought I had lucked out until I realized that Blaney was in it too. :ouch: Oh well.

3rd, 6th, 10th and 31st.
I can't complain too much.

3rd, 10th, 12th, 14th.

I left Harvick on the bench but Logano ended up with a 3rd so it didn't hurt me too much. Despite not doing too badly I still ended up at the back of the pack among those still playing. :indiff:

Argh. I hadn't used Elliott in roughly a month. He runs into trouble this week with tire issues while Blaney cruises to a 14th place finish on my bench. Also the only time I completely left Bowman off my roster since he started filling in for Jr. So naturally he nabs a top 10...and messes up my "A" driver, Kenseth's, car by pulling down into him on the final restart, causing enough aero damage to keep him from racing back to the front. :grumpy:

So I ended up with 6th, 9th, 16th, 31st.

Bench was 2nd, 4th, 12th, 14th...damn.

Argh. I hadn't used Elliott in roughly a month. He runs into trouble this week with tire issues while Blaney cruises to a 14th place finish on my bench. Also the only time I completely left Bowman off my roster since he started filling in for Jr. So naturally he nabs a top 10...and messes up my "A" driver, Kenseth's, car by pulling down into him on the final restart, causing enough aero damage to keep him from racing back to the front. :grumpy:

So I ended up with 6th, 9th, 16th, 31st.

Bench was 2nd, 4th, 12th, 14th...damn.
I think Kenseth still scored well, considering he scored three more points than second place Carl Edwards. The lap leader bonus was worth 20 points alone.

I think Kenseth still scored well, considering he scored three more points than second place Carl Edwards. The lap leader bonus was worth 20 points alone.
Hmm. I do see now that Kenseth scored more points than Johnson, who was my backup. I didn't realize that Johnson never lead a lap. As for Edwards, I wanted to start him, but I only had two starts left with him. At least now I have 5 races left to use his starts up. My driver start rationing never seems to work. :lol:

RIP fantasy team: 2/3/16/21

The 2 is done, the 16 wrecked earlier, but I think is still running.

9th, 11th, 28th, and 32nd.

The 28th out of Kenseth really frustrates me. The fact that those Gibbs cars (minus Hamlin) just rode around the back all day was a kick in the nuts to any of their fantasy owners. I didn't get to see the race, but did any of those guys attempt to make a run to the front at the end of the race? Judging by the timing and scoring I was watching on nascar.com, it didn't seem like they even tried. I could be wrong though.

If they didn't, will NASCAR come down on them for not doing the whole "competing at 100%" thingy? (I know, that's a big, fat NO) It's understandable when teams get a pass for taking it easy trying to make it to a finish in a fuel mileage race or maybe are conserving their tires. From what I could tell, those guys didn't do much of anything to compete today. Again, I didn't see the race, so I don't know for sure. It's just crushing for any fantasy owners, not that the teams should care about that. We are just playing a game after all.

/end rant.

The 18/19/20 made zero attempt to advance, even on the final two restarts in the last four laps. In the tv broadcast, they even played audio from one of the crew chiefs telling them that all three of them were good on points, and not to move forward. They just played it safe and advanced on points.

The 18/19/20 made zero attempt to advance, even on the final two restarts in the last four laps. In the tv broadcast, they even played audio from one of the crew chiefs telling them that all three of them were good on points, and not to move forward. They just played it safe and advanced on points.
Thanks for the info. While I don't particularly find a problem with the strategy myself (as annoying it was to me as a Kenseth owner), I don't see how NASCAR could ignore it. Though we all know they will.

Thanks for the info. While I don't particularly find a problem with the strategy myself (as annoying it was to me as a Kenseth owner), I don't see how NASCAR could ignore it. Though we all know they will.
They were giving 100% toward their championship goal, for whatever that is worth. With as close as Dillon and Hamlin were on points, I thought JGR might give the order for the 18/19/20 to make a run up through the pack to attempt to pass the 3 and pad Hamlin's gap.

They were giving 100% toward their championship goal, for whatever that is worth. With as close as Dillon and Hamlin were on points, I thought JGR might give the order for the 18/19/20 to make a run up through the pack to attempt to pass the 3 and pad Hamlin's gap.
Fair enough. I guess a lot of it is just sour grapes for me. :lol: The Gibbs team doesn't bother me. In fact, I've always been somewhat a fan of Kenseth (which my respect went up exponentially after last season's shenanigans :)). Kyle seems to have matured greatly. Denny...I can take him or leave him. I got to see Edwards' first win at Atlanta first hand. It was especially sweet seeing him do it over Johnson in the final corner. My mom has always liked him and his back flips too.

1/3/4/11 would have been 1/3/4/6 had Jimmie not gambled and pit on the final caution.

1st, 3rd, 5th, 12th.

Still lost to two of you...again. :grumpy:

Chase was on my bench, so Blaney's 12th could've been a 4th. And actually the 12th would've been slightly better had he not pitted on the final caution as well. Not going to complain though. I had a solid week. And I have 1 start apiece left with Blaney and Elliott, so I can still choose which one I want to start where. :dopey:

In other news, I'm ranked #128 in all of Yahoo for the Chase segment of this fantasy season. :eek::eek:

My full season rank is somewhere in the 38,000's. :lol::lol:

Back