2016 Fantasy NASCARNASCAR 

I ended up getting my 2nd win of the season and somehow jumped up to 2nd in the GTPlanet group. :eek:

giphy.gif

In other news, I'm ranked #128 in all of Yahoo for the Chase segment of this fantasy season. :eek::eek:

My full season rank is somewhere in the 38,000's. :lol::lol:
Nice! Enjoy it while you're hot. 👍 I finished the season in the 99th percentile in 2008. I don't recall where that left me overall in all of Yahoo fantasyland. I do, however, remember having a race where I was 1 point shy of having the top score of the week in all of Yahoo (I believe it was at Pocono). It's a good feeling. Unfortunately it's been downhill for me ever since. :lol:

Anyway, for this week I had:
3rd, 4th, 9th and....39th. :ouch:

Dillon's power loss issue on the restart, whatever the cause, cost me quite a chunk of points.

It's basically the polar opposite of last year when I won the first two segments here, but ran out of quality B starters and then got my ass kicked in the Chase segment. This year, I made sure to save plenty of starts for Truex, Edwards, and Larson.

I even planned on having 9 total starts (no need for Talladega) remaining for Chase and Blaney in the C group, but the strategy backfired when Gordon and Bowman came along as C drivers in the 88 car. I left a lot of points on the board early in the year by using the bad C drivers.

I hear ya with the C drivers. I would have used Blaney and Chase a few more times earlier in the season as well had I known Jr. was going to get injured. I was really surprised Yahoo made Gordon a C driver. I figured he would be a B driver at the very least, if not an A. But I've got one Blaney start left after using Chase's last today. It didn't help things when I started Regan Smith early in the year and forgot to change my lineup three weeks in a row.

As for my B drivers, I leaned on guys like McMurray and Newman during the summer run to save starts for the top guys you mentioned. I knew they wouldn't be spectacular, but they would be solid.

My A drivers trolled me a good part of the year. I had a stretch early in the season where whoever was on my bench would win. It didn't matter who my driver was any particular week, but I'm pretty sure they'd do it just to simply annoy me.

4th, 26th, 34th, and 36th.

What a kick in the groin for my last ever NASCAR fantasy race. A couple of blown tires on the 21...Logano (who at least still got me a top 5), Edwards, and Truex all involved in the big wreck...Before that caution, I pretty much had 2nd, 4th, and a top 15 wrapped up, and wherever Blaney would finish. After the caution, I still had hope. Edwards and Logano were still up front, and Truex was back with the rest of the pack with some fresh rubber poised to pick off a couple of guys before the finish (he had been running 7th before pitting under green earlier when he got caught out with the yellow when Blaney's second tire went down). Then the restart happened. And that was that. :(

What other formats would you guys prefer for next year? I'm getting bored with Yahoo.

6th, 22nd, 26th, 36th. :indiff:

Still somehow ended up 3rd overall in the GTPlanet group.

I'd be fine staying with the yahoo fantasy system for next year.

I'm officially done with fantasy sports. I could only take so many years of torture before calling it quits.

Now I can just focus on my punishing myself watching the Bengals and Reds fail year after year, just like the good 'ol days. :lol: Maybe I'll pick a favorite NASCAR driver to root for again. I haven't had one since Mayfield.

Congrats to @MustangRyan for winning the Chase and Sonny the Snake (I apologize as I don't know who exactly that is here on GTP :embarrassed:) for winning the overall season (like it should be in real life...you hear that Brian France?? :grumpy:)! And good luck to everyone playing in the future! May you have more luck than I. 👍

1st/ 16th/25th & 36th.

That big wreck cost me but still, 2nd overall in the league. More than happy with that. :embarrassed:
What other formats would you guys prefer for next year? I'm getting bored with Yahoo.

I'm good with Yahoo too, but I'm easy. Whatever you want to do mate. Big thanks as always for setting this up. 👍
Sonny the Snake (I apologize as I don't know who exactly that is here on GTP :embarrassed:)

Been wondering that myself. Have no idea who that could be. :lol:

Latest Posts

Back