2016 Formula 1 Großer Preis von Österreich

Ah, time for the Sky Sports rain-break ****chatting. Currently it's "which team has the best pit-perch covers" and Mercedes have won that.

Track record is going to be destroyed, going by what's happening the the first 20 mins in FP1 it will happen before FP1 finishes.
Lap records don't count in practice.

Let me know when the record is beat in the race.

Unless the track chews tyres more then last year to provide atleast a 2 stopper I don't see the fastest lap being beaten simply because of the fuel loads in the race compared to 2003.

Even if they did it still doesn't tell us anything except what we already know, if you resurface a track it gives a huge grip boost. It happens at every track. It doesn't mean the cars are suddenly faster than the late V10 cars.

Even if they did it still doesn't tell us anything except what we already know, if you resurface a track it gives a huge grip boost. It happens at every track. It doesn't mean the cars are suddenly faster than the late V10 cars.
True, however you got to keep in mind 2003 was quite a bit slower then 2004/5 and the cars are around 2 seconds faster then last year so I would suspect they would be slightly faster then 2003 spec cars atleast in qualifying spec.

Also the track in 2003 was most likely in better condition then the track was last year if there hasn't been repaving.

13517478_788811624551817_2629849501120335361_o.jpg

Ehm..

Rosberg has a pretty decent shunt out of the second corner. Suspension broke after getting on the kerb. Didn't touch the yellow kerb though.

Damn, hope he can make quali..

Haven't got a chance to see the shunt yet but I saw it on live commentary.

Hope it's not a repeat of Belgium where a failure steals his confidence and his pace...

Rosberg handed a 5-spot penalty for a changed gearbox. If he makes quali, looks like his best starting position will be 6th...

Good job, Danny boy. You're sure to get that Red Bull seat back now

These drivers need to stay a few more micrometers away from the curbs.

Also, that could have been so much worse. Just missed the pitlane entry barrier. Hitting that at speed would have been pretty bad.

Back