2016 Formula 1 Großer Preis von Österreich

Again, these curbs are a joke. This is unacceptable.
Those kerbs are not a joke. The only thing causing the suspension failures are the sausage kerbs, suspension strength and the drivers. The kerbs are the track limits. If you hit them, that's gonna be the equivalent of hitting a wall in Monaco. And nobody complains about the walls of Monaco being in the way.

Indeed, Crofty is useless. Don't know how long he thinks the track is.
He is a bit but that's what Martin is for. Martin is the only guy I know who can fill both the expert and the front man role of commentary.

Crofty isn't a bad commentator imo but he isn't the same class as Brundle. Although I put Brundle in the same class as Murray Walker aka legend so that isn't surprising from my point of view.

Those kerbs arw not a joke. The only thing causing the suspension failures are the sausage kerbs, suspension strength and the drivers. The kerbs are the track limits. If you hit them, that's gonna be the equivalent of hitting a wall in Monaco. And nobody complains about the walls of Monaco being in the way.
It's one thing to design them the discourage drivers from taking the curbs and other when it starts to tear apart cars and make for scary crashes like we just saw. What happens when it's race time and everyone is fighting to find room and we see a massive pile up because a car's suspension fails and plows into other cars?

EDIT:Also there is higher tyre pressure as well.

It's one thing to design them the discourage drivers from taking the curbs and other when it starts to tear apart cars and make for scary crashes like we just saw. What happens when it's race time and everyone is fighting to find room and we see a massive pile up because a car's suspension fails and plows into other cars?

These drivers are highly skilled and they should be able to have self control.

Kvyat should be given a penalty (avoidable accident?) for that incident - it's the only way that track limits will start being enforced.

Plus he's a git, so it'll cheer me up.

And what about walls... or is it okay when there's a "hard" limit but not a "soft" limit?

By that logic, what if someone was to hit a wall at Monaco and cause a pile up and as a result, a scary crash. They are the same principle, essentially. The drivers won't listen, and don't listen if the Race Director says "don't go over the white line" so as a result, the sausage kerbs are there to act as the track limit and a deterrent. Much like a wall at Monaco.

Will they leave those yellow curbs for motorcycles too? Cause that can only end in tears.

I doubt it but do bear in mind those kerbs are just about 2 car widths away from the white line, you should not ordinarily be anywhere near them on any discipline.

By that logic, what if someone was to hit a wall at Monaco and cause a pile up and as a result, a scary crash. They are the same principle, essentially. The drivers won't listen, and don't listen if the Race Director says "don't go over the white line" so as a result, the sausage kerbs are there to act as the track limit and a deterrent. Much like a wall at Monaco.

God forbid race control issues penalties for leaving track limits.

If people think sausage kerbs are the problem, you might have a terrible definition of following the confines of the racing surface.

Too many cars are having suspension failure, and its not the suspension going over the yellow kerbs. They need to understand this before someone gets hurt. Are high tire pressures involved?

God forbid race control issues penalties for leaving track limits.
And that won't teach the driver's anything.

I know as a karter what's more of a deterrent, a broken kart (or car in this case) or a small penalty.

Like they have been doing for the last lot of races?
On some tracks they are more strict than other tracks which is stupid.

Oh don't get me started on the 'consistency' of the race stewards these past few years.

Too many cars are having suspension failure, and its not the suspension going over the yellow kerbs. They need to understand this before someone gets hurt. Are high tire pressures involved?

Exactly. And I have no doubt tire pressure is playing a role as well.

If I were steward, I'd halt qualifying for a re-think and a conference with the teams.

Why? There is nothing wrong with the track, between the white lines. Tell the drivers to keep on it, no problem.
This. If drivers want to keep testing the curbing, they'll find out why they're self penalizing.

Kvyat should be given a penalty (avoidable accident?) for that incident - it's the only way that track limits will start being enforced.
He says that he had a puncture earlier, which I guess is something that we didn't see; Toro Rosso hasn't been getting much air time this weekend, so I suppose he could have picked one up during FP3, which might have damaged - or at least weakened - the wishbone.

And I have no doubt tire pressure is playing a role as well.
The tyre pressures are apparently extremely high this weekend, seemingly motivated by teams getting around tyre pressure limits.

The rules for track limits just needs to be changed.
Instead of 4 wheels beyond the white line, why not 2?

Look, it's the 21st century. We don't need sausages or walls to do the job, anymore. Both are a danger in a sport where drivers are pulling five lateral gees.

All we need is Gran Turismo penalties.

Your car triggers an infrared beam if it's all four off the track at the corner, the trackside computer interrogates your onboard computer, which then cuts your throttle for five seconds as soon as you are back on the next straight.

I guarantee people will stay on track then. No referees. No subjective rule interpretation. No additional danger or risk of red-flagging sessions.

Kravitz wondering why Rosberg is pissed... all drivers will be in a mood if they have the pressure on them and something out of their control costs them.
On a scale of 1 to a Trump fanboy after Brexit, how euphoric are Sky about Rosberg's penalty?

2qcblvn.jpg

4 wheels off the track and he hadn't even got to the yellow kerbs, he then does continue even further off the track to run over them.

This is what is boils down to. Can you complain about your car getting damaged driving off the track? To me, no, you're off the track, whether it's tarmac, gravel, whatever, you risk getting damaged if you're off the track.

Back