2017 General WEC/ELMS/AsLMS Discussion ThreadSports Cars 

• Thread starter IforceV8
  • 2,611 comments
I've seen Audi, and I think Porsche, test at Monza but I cannot recall it being an official WEC test. The Prologue is usually held at Paul Ricard HTTT.
This is the first time WEC history that Paul Ricard won't be hosting the prologue.

I know. I am looking forward to seeing them all blast by in the blink of an eye. Something about Paul Ricard HTTT irritates me. I think it is the horrendous sterility of the place.
Wasn't it owned by Bernie Ecclestone?

The race's continuation may have hinged on how successful it was. If it didn't meet expectations, WEC could easily move the American round elsewhere.
I wouldn't be surprised if it did. WeatherTech won't be running with the WEC next year unless the WEC move their US 2017 race to May as well, so all of us who attended won't be getting the thrill of 2 races in 1 day.

It may be the end of what is a great 3-day event for race fans. I'm curious of the WEC & IMSA, which ones do the Super Trofeo, Porsche Cup, & Continental Challenge support.

The Ligier JS P217 is undoubtedly better looking than the current model which is horrendously ugly. Hopefully we see some better photos soon.

Right. But that's only some of the teams. Now we get to see everyone (with at least one car) run Monza. What I hope for is they run without the first chicane. That might be too much to ask, though.
When Audi have tested at Monza they ran without the first chicane. They could vary it from one session to another too I guess.

The Ligier JS P217 is undoubtedly better looking than the current model which is horrendously ugly. Hopefully we see some better photos soon.

When Audi have tested at Monza they ran without the first chicane. They could vary it from one session to another too I guess.
I actually think the previous Ligier was the 2nd most beautiful modern LMP ever made (2000 and up). The only one topping that is the R15 TDI. Yes I know I have a severe case of loving ugly race cars.

I actually think the previous Ligier was the 2nd most beautiful modern LMP ever made (2000 and up). The only one topping that is the R15 TDI. Yes I know I have a severe case of loving ugly race cars.
Really?! I bet you thought the Panoz Esperantey was good looking too...

I did like the R15 TDI though.

BMW to WEC in GTE, before anyone gets too excited about another LMP1.

In other news, apparantly, this morning, this happened.

14469602_923672347777695_3626734211144961681_n.jpg

Last edited:
Hopefully Mr Priaulx can be tempted back in to the BMW fold.

Back