2016 Le Mans 24 Hours - 15th to 19th June 2016

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 3,302 comments
It is a different scenario as Ferrari didn't just go to the stewards and say to check on their wheel sensors but Ford what they did to try and get a competitor off the podium to make it look like a fairy-tale as they were made to look like Ford were the superior and perfect in front of their cameras.
I was rooting for Ford throughout the race, but it's crap like this that makes me want to support Corvette Racing next year.👎

Trying to get a competitor penalised to get the class victory is not.

"But Ford started it!" Great. Neither shows a lot of sportsmanship. Two wrongs don't make a right.
Well least Risi didn't appeal to the penalty which would of gave them the class win if the appeal was successful. So least one side showed some decency.

I said weeks ago that Toyota didn't have what it takes to win.

What are they blaming this time? There's no Eau Rouge at Le Sarthe.

I said weeks ago that Toyota didn't have what it takes to win.

What are they blaming this time? There's no Eau Rouge at Le Sarthe.

I'd say Toyota definitely had what it took to win, both of their cars had superior strategy and, at times, superior pace to the single Porsche that was still in contention. Of course that one fault 23 hours and 56 minutes in made it all redundant, but I don't really think it's fair to say they didn't have what it takes.

Remember when we had like five posts at the same time celebrating that the thread was on it's one hundredth page? Pepperidge Farms remembers :lol:.

It has been explained to you about 10 times already but you are too thick headed to understand so let me explain it again. Ganassi filed the protest at 14:29pm local time. There were 31 minutes left in the race. The reason they did this was to force the 2nd place Ferrari to stop and repair the light and in that time the #69 Ford would have passed the 82 and moved into 2nd place. If the repair had taken longer than 4 minutes then the 4th place #66 car would have also gained a lap on the 82 and moved into 3rd place.

Got it?

That was never explained to me before... EDIT - At least not as clear as you just put it.

Also no reason to throw around personal insults.

It was my understanding that this was all done post-race, I didn't know they were trying to force Ferrari for pit and fix their car. Either way it makes no difference as the race is no ended and the only one's appealing anything is Ferrari saying that the Ford GT was too fast for its class.

It seems it's the same five to six people in this thread that are just incredibly salty with how things turned out to the point of throwing personal insults.

You guys need to calm down. I said it before and I'll say it again, Ford accepted the penalty without appeal and Risi accepted the penalty without appeal.

What happened happened and it's over, the only ones appealing now are Ferrari saying that the Ford GT is too fast for its class.

Last edited:
I was looking around Twitter for notes on who all won. And dang... it's another "can't win the big one" for Toyota based on what I read about Toyota's late failure (just like with the GT-Ones in 1999) to give Porsche the win. I'm not taking anything away from Porsche or hating on them. But, this loss for Toyota just further compounds Toyota failing on another international racing stage. Damn, man... that's heartbreak with a capital "H." Well... maybe Le Mans 2017 I guess for Toyota. Almost as if the motorsport deities don't want Toyota to win on the grandest of stages. Shame.

Congratulations to the other class winners.

Yeah it was but you just either mis-interpreted or ignored the points.

So instead of just explaining it more clear like he did, which I accepted after explanation, you throw personal insults and call me thick over and over?

You guys need act a little more mature.

I'd say Toyota definitely had what it took to win, both of their cars had superior strategy and, at times, superior pace to the single Porsche that was still in contention. Of course that one fault 23 hours and 56 minutes in made it all redundant, but I don't really think it's fair to say they didn't have what it takes.
Well, that would have been great if it was the 23:56 of Le Mans, but it's a 24 hour race and they failed to make it to the end.

Well, that would have been great if it was the 23:56 of Le Mans, but it's a 24 hour race and they failed to make it to the end.

I agree, it's tragic but the race is also about the car's reliability too and the Toyota just didn't have it in it; even if it was only one more lap.

Keep up at the back, It was Aston Martin who protested it and Ferrari also raised thier concerns.

Ferrari raising concerns is laughable considering their car kept up to the end and lead for parts of the race in the class.

Cars don't just break out of the blue, decided by some dice roll or random number generator like in a game. The car broke due to faulty engineering or drivers going past the limits of what the car could take. This is simply something Toyota must improve, and come back next year wiser, stronger and hopefully competitive for the full 24 hours.

So instead of just explaining it more clear like he did, which I accepted after explanation, you throw personal insults and call me thick over and over?
Why are you over-exaggerating? He only called you thick once because he told it in such clarity after you constantly ignored many posts from me and others to why Ford tried so desperately to get an all Ford podium.

I would of thought you had watched the race, then we wouldn't really need to explain the leader light fiasco.

Why are you over-exaggerating? He only called you thick once because he told it in such clarity after you constantly ignored many posts from me and others to why Ford tried so desperately to get an all Ford podium.

I would of thought you had watched the race, then we wouldn't really need to explain the leader light fiasco.

I'm sorry the first time wasn't "thick" but "dense".

These dense Ford GT fanboys, I tell ya :grumpy:
(Yes this is was directed towards me.)

Then it was "thick".

but you are too thick headed to understand so let me explain it again.

I watched as long as I could but I had to go to sleep.

The article about penalties talked about it as if it was all post-race or it seemed that way.

Back