2016 Le Mans 24 Hours - 15th to 19th June 2016

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 3,302 comments
GTE-Am spec C7

VSA_FIA-WEC_TLM16_LC2_0047.jpg

Pro
VSA_FIAWEC_TLM16_SP2_1635.jpg

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/photos-le-mans-thursday-gallery-4/

Anyone else still miffed that Nissan bowed out shortly after figuring out most of their issues last year. With so few LMP cars this year with currently questionable reliability I would have loved to have seen a properly sorted out Nissan LMP involved.

Big let down this year.

Anyone else still miffed that Nissan bowed out shortly after figuring out most of their issues last year. With so few LMP cars this year with currently questionable reliability I would have loved to have seen a properly sorted out Nissan LMP involved.

Big let down this year.

I'm still shocked that they didn't even attempt a GTE-LM or GTE-AM entry. I mean, it's not like they don't have a few cars that I believe could run in those classes. *cough* GTR GT3 *cough* :rolleyes:

I'm still shocked that they didn't even attempt a GTE-LM or GTE-AM entry. I mean, it's not like they don't have a few cars that I believe could run in those classes. *cough* GTR GT3 *cough* :rolleyes:
Why should they, they proudly supply valve covers and decals for the P2 class now and claim glory when they win the class with very little actual expense.

Big let down this year.
No.

Doesn't get close to the regs.

GT-R GT3 doesn't come anywhere close to GTE regs, the 488 was designed to be like that from the start (and BMW are let into IMSA because reasons).

Yeah the GT3/GTE divide is more then a bit annoying, I would do bad things to see the Bentley and McLaren at Lemans.

Bad. Things.
McLaren would be possible, shouldn't take a ton of work to get the 650S to be a GTE. Bentley sadly is confirmed as a no either way since they "want to go for overall wins". :indiff:

Yeah, and at least Mercedes likes racing. *glares at Tata*

Like I said the colony gets the last laugh. And Mercedes like racing so long as it's not in direct competition commercially from partners, do you really think that FI deal is that hard? Anyways this has nothing to do with Le Mans so I'll say... yeah them Aston's have pretty V8s.

Latest Posts

Back