2016 Le Mans 24 Hours - 15th to 19th June 2016

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 3,302 comments
I'll post some, though. The official grid picture.
CkHeURuXIAAsboS.jpg

So excited for this year's race,

New GTE regs, P1s are more refined than ever and it's the last year of the first generation GTE cars and the awesome P2's!

Test day is underway. Just looked at live timing.#8 Audi is the fastest so far, followed by the Porsches. #63 Corvette is the fastest in GTE Pro as of now, also followed by two Porsches.

Edit: Session red flagged.

Last edited:
Ford did 296.4kmh in the afternoon. Right about where the Ferrari is. Here's Toyota's PR. Conway says something interesting-
Mike Conway (TS050 HYBRID #6): “Thanks to the team for getting the cars here and prepared; I know how hard everyone has been working these last few weeks. It was good to get quite a lot of laps in today; it’s what you need around here as you never get to test on this track. I am pretty happy with the balance of our car. I didn’t get any really clear laps but it was more about getting the balance right, not outright lap time. We haven’t tried any low fuel or new tyre runs so there’s more to come.”
No low fuel or new tire runs. I think that says it all regarding their pace today.

I haven't really being paying attention of what cars are competing this year, so can someone tell me what the red number 12 and number 13 cars are please?

That darn Ozzy. Does more harm than good half the time. Cost a lot teams precious time.

I heard it was a mechanical failure that triggered things but it's always hard to be sure on these things when your only info comes through the PR loop.

All of the LMP1's have ~4s in the bag, noone was doing any real pushing.

Back