2016 Le Mans 24 Hours - 15th to 19th June 2016

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 3,302 comments
Official stream finally working after some 40 minutes. By the way, that guy driving the pace car is so lucky. Circuit de la Sarthe all to yourself driving a super car at night. :dopey:

Le Mans is my Christmas as a racing fan and as someone who has loved GT/sportscar/endurance racing all of my life. FOX Sports 1 will likely do all they can to sabotage the coverage, but I'll try to follow this year's race as best as I can. Good luck to all drivers and teams at this year's race.

Best way to watch is from the WEC/24LM app. It's only $9.99 USD for Le Mans.

Lightning sighted on the NW side of the circuit.
You're telling me! Struck not too far from us so went and hid out in the stadium.
E43B57E6-6482-4D99-B617-15AE5EF9755B_zpsmjcr6wxd.jpg

46BAE04A-0D48-47BB-990D-3067FBEB0AFA_zpsbwgmzbf0.jpg

E966E097-C6EF-4B11-9146-82B09B5B0435_zps7ucs2r1e.jpg

Here's a quite candid interview with the top-brass at Multimatic about the accusations of sandbagging.

I no longer know what to think, it's puzzling. On the one hand, the Corvette drivers aren't the kind of guys you'd expect to talk lightly and they've always had the performance to solve battles on track rather than off it. But, on the other hand, Mr. Multimatic (who seems to own the only wig modelled after Brian May's hair) makes some interesting points. Plus, I find it easier to trust on guys who're politically incorrect :lol:.

Thanks on the tip about the WEC app, I didn't realized it had been updated so extensively and it seems like the perfect option for those of us who can't watch Eurosport legally. Gone are the times of pirate streams for me! :D (Not that I ever engaged in such a practice! :P)

From the Merriam/Webster dictionary.

Sandbagging: to hide your true abilities or purpose in order to deceive people, gain an advantage, etc.

Holt was direct in his answer about possible sandbagging before qualifying, saying: “Did we hide anything before last night? No, we never hid any performance per se.

"There’s nothing sneaky under the table. But we never went out to set a qualifying lap time.

We never hid anything but then again we never really tried = sandbagging

Ferrari are just as/if not more guilty of it since their weight went up and they still went faster.

So, I ordered the live access from the WEC...says "no race in progress" right now, so I assume that's correct if there is not a session. I don't remember how I ran this stuff last year.

So, I ordered the live access from the WEC...says "no race in progress" right now, so I assume that's correct if there is not a session. I don't remember how I ran this stuff last year.

Right. Also make sure to have the app, as it's much better than the website. If you click on "highlights" there are a series of videos. There's also the "Live Timing" which has results from the qualifying sessions.

Edit: Also I had some issues with the app earlier where it didn't show I purchased the pack under my profile. Logging out and back in worked on the iPhone. On the iPad I had to remove and reinstall.

Here's a quite candid interview with the top-brass at Multimatic about the accusations of sandbagging.

I no longer know what to think, it's puzzling. On the one hand, the Corvette drivers aren't the kind of guys you'd expect to talk lightly and they've always had the performance to solve battles on track rather than off it. But, on the other hand, Mr. Multimatic (who seems to own the only wig modelled after Brian May's hair) makes some interesting points. Plus, I find it easier to trust on guys who're politically incorrect :lol:.

Thanks on the tip about the WEC app, I didn't realized it had been updated so extensively and it seems like the perfect option for those of us who can't watch Eurosport legally. Gone are the times of pirate streams for me! :D (Not that I ever engaged in such a practice! :P)

So Ford weren't sandbagging because FIA kept an eye out. But Corvette is sandbagging because reasons.

Riiiiiight.

Yep, that's how it works.

Right. Also make sure to have the app, as it's much better than the website. If you click on "highlights" there are a series of videos. There's also the "Live Timing" which has results from the qualifying sessions.

Edit: Also I had some issues with the app earlier where it didn't show I purchased the pack under my profile. Logging out and back in worked on the iPhone. On the iPad I had to remove and reinstall.

Le Mans week is always full of this nonsense. But if the app fails, turn over to PC: I'm a subscriber since first season and NEVER saw a single hitch using the stream on PC.

I know we are in for a good Le Mans when LMP1 cars can't stay on track and GTE has more drama than an old woman's favorite tv soap.

And it's not even racetime.

Personally I'm impartial to both Corvette and Ford. USA all the way baby.

I'd like to see Nissan build a couple GT-R's to run in GTE, but maybe it's just me...

Same thing here. Sadly, I think Nissan wants nothing serious to do with Le Mans after their botched and rushed foray in LMP1.

Coming to think of it, it would've made MUCH more sense to run a GTE program before they went straight to LMP1. Think about it: they were being succesful but only as engine suppliers, the winning "Nissan" teams used Oreca or whatever LMP2 chassis and were privateer teams, which means Nissan had no actual experience setting up a chassis or an entire operation. In that sense, a GTE program would've been much more useful leading up to an LMP1 project that could've gone completely different than the shameful performance we saw (awesome Gr. C liveries aside).

But maybe it's just me... :P

Here's to hoping Ford will dominate with the new GT. I haven't paid nearly as much attention to the racecar development as I should have, so I have no idea what to expect from them. All I hope is that they can secure the win from Ferrari, all four cars cross the finish line (even if a few don't make podium), and no one - driver, spectator, or race official - is injured.

Dan
Here's to hoping Ford will dominate with the new GT. I haven't paid nearly as much attention to the racecar development as I should have, so I have no idea what to expect from them. All I hope is that they can secure the win from Ferrari, all four cars cross the finish line (even if a few don't make podium), and no one - driver, spectator, or race official - is injured.

Reading what I have, and seeing what I have, I hope neither win and I hope it all blows up in their face. Though I completely agree with your final sentiment.

Reading what I have, and seeing what I have, I hope neither win and I hope it all blows up in their face. Though I completely agree with your final sentiment.

Well, I would expect nothing less from a team Corvette fan. :sly: :D

Dan
I've been a diehard Ford fan all my life, just look at my avatar, but after the whole sandbagging thing, it just seems kind of rediculous. Gone are the days of "run whacha brung, hope ya brung enough." Now we have to watch teams dodge the BOP so they can have an advntage over competitors. I wanna see a fight to the end, not one clear winner in the first 6 hours. Ford won Le Mans with a top knoch "Ferrari Killer" in the '60's, and now you're scared of running the competition? I'll pass. I hope the rumbling of those Vette-powered V8s shake the new GT to peices...

...with no injuries, of course!

Dan

Has nothing to do with where my alliances lay, and everything to do with the issue at hand, as you said yourself you haven't followed the build up and thus I doubt you realize what me and others are talking about. There are few I expect to go to a race event like Le Mans and not sandbag, I thought Ford would be better than that but then again when you realize who the ring master is I can't say I'm all that surprised.

Also I'm a much bigger Ford GT40 fan, thus I'd love to see the GTs return to victory even if my team for the last 16 years has been Vette.

I've been a diehard Ford fan all my life, just look at my avatar, but after the whole sandbagging thing, it just seems kind of rediculous. Gone are the days of "run whacha brung, hope ya brung enough." Now we have to watch teams dodge the BOP so they can have an advntage over competitors. I wanna see a fight to the end, not one clear winner in the first 6 hours. Ford won Le Mans with a top knoch "Ferrari Killer" in the '60's, and now you're scared of running the competition? I'll pass. I hope the rumbling of those Vette-powered V8s shake the new GT to peices...

I think people are getting too huffed and puffed over it. Let's wait until the race and see what happens. 24 hours is a long time and a lot can happen.

I think people are getting too huffed and puffed over it. Let's wait until the race and see what happens. 24 hours is a long time and a lot can happen.

True a lot can happen, but when you start the build up to the race like this in such a manner, many will probably not be happy. I'm not counting out anyone and really with it being 24h I see a lot of turbo failures for those who didn't take testing seriously. Point is, it's 24 hours and in being such the reverse can be seen, why come here and pull the wool over fans and other teams when a lot can happen if you played fair from the get go.

Has nothing to do with where my alliances lay, and everything to do with the issue at hand, as you said yourself you haven't followed the build up and thus I doubt you realize what me and others are talking about. There are few I expect to go to a race event like Le Mans and not sandbag, I thought Ford would be better than that but then again when you realize who the ring master is I can't say I'm all that surprised.

Also I'm a much bigger Ford GT40 fan, thus I'd love to see the GTs return to victory even if my team for the last 16 years has been Vette.

Oh. That's concerning. Thank you for informing me of this. Ford, why do you have to be scummy? :(

I hope Ford struggle at Le Mans, not just because they have ugly cars but for the lack of respect they've shown fans at the circuits and of WEC in general by not racing at Silverstone and Spa where they just drove around the track.

Latest Posts

Back