2016 Mazda2 | Mazdaspeed2 being considered?

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 254 comments

CodeRedR51

Premium
United States
United States
http://www.autoblog.com/2014/03/03/mazda-hazumi-concept-mazda2-comes-out-early/

Mazda-Hazumi-Concept-001.jpg

I'm not sure that design language works on that small of a car. On the other hand, I think it's growing on me already. Mazda needs to put a small displacement turbo motor in this thing and it'll sell like hotcakes.

I quite like it. Always been a fan of the Mazda2 and Mazda's these days have been getting a lot better. (Apart from the CX-9 and 5...) The whole Mazda corporate grill is a pretty good one, but I'm afraid that it could get old someday by the time you realize the majority of the lineup looks pretty much the same.

Turning down the design language eleventy percent in my mind creates a very attractive little car. The trickle-down of Kodo has been pretty good for Mazda, even when our expectations weren't very high. We all thought the Mazda6 looked great, but we had reservations on the CX-5 and Mazda 3 before they were fully baked for production. I'd expect the Mazda 2 to be much the same.

With more plastic on the front, actual mirrors, 16" wheels, and real pull handles - it will seem like a downright normal B-car. I think the real challenge for Mazda will be making the engineering as good as it's predecessor was, while still offering the kind of equipment that is becoming par for the course in small cars like this. Furthermore, if they are going to sell it in the US, it has to be priced competitively - and with the base Mazda 3 already being so low, I'm not sure if they'll be willing to foot the bill for it here.

I like it. It has just enough 'quirky' to make it stand out. And being a Mazda, it will probably be a blast to drive.

It looks bigger than a Mazda3. :lol: Also looks like it could fit an LS3.

Man, this really oughta be a coupe with a bigass cargo bay.

The mazda3 front made the transition and its fine.
2014_mazda3_hatch_australian_preview_04_1-0626.jpg

the compactness of the 2 will make it just right. Speaking of the MiTo, the Alfa shield and its headlights look a little squished but, i do like that car. The 2 is going to be a sweet runabout.

Aside from the long front overhang, I quite like it. They were obviously happy with the previous car's proportions as they seem nearly identical between the two models.

Not entirely sure the large grille works as well here as it does on the 6, but it's a slight improvement over the current 2's overly-smiley facelifted look.

That's a good looking subcompact. I'm curious about which engine it'll be using, and of course, whether or not Mazda will take the 2 off the US market. This car seems quite a bit more premium than the outgoing model, and with this being such a competitive segment now, Mazda would really need to nail the pricing in order to have success here.

I love my mom's little 2 and try to drive it whenever I visit. This looks even better. Hopefully the engine is a 1.5L (or 1.6L) version of the new Skyactiv's, and maybe Mazda will get adventurous and get a turbo version up and running for a Mazdaspeed 2 to fight the Fiesta ST. Come on...

Quite an upgrade on the inside versus the current model. Digging the white, even if it'll never stay clean...

Mazdaspeed 2? Just jam the big 2.5L I4 in there. No need to go overboard.

Heh, I have a rear-drive 2 in FM4 with that drivetrain that's absolutely nuts. Won me a lot of online races over the years too...

Back