2016+ Nissan Navara | Mercedes X-Class | Renault Alaskan

Discussion in 'Auto News' started by R1600Turbo, Jun 3, 2014.

1. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

2. Danoff

Danoff Premium

[​IMG]

Custom878 likes this.
  3. RocZX

RocZX Premium

4. Parker

Parker

I wonder if this will be getting the V8 Cummins as well.

5. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Negative. If it gets one, it'll be the 4-cylinder unit found in the Frontier Desert Runner concept from last year.

LMSCorvetteGT2 and Custom878 like this.
  6. BKGlover

BKGlover

I guess the Frontier has gotten a bit old, but this seems to be the size of the Titan.

7. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Not sure how you can tell that. I agree that the Frontier and Titan are long due for replacement, but they are coming within the next couple years. Titan should be shown in Detroit in January. Don't expect this Navara to be representative of the Frontier.

8. Sage Ages

Sage Ages Premium

I think you misread Navara. ;)

Wow. It does sound similar now that you mentioned it.

9. LMSCorvetteGT2

LMSCorvetteGT2

Not really, I said it out loud four times now and it still doesn't seem all that close I guess it not having an n makes the difference.

10. RocZX

RocZX Premium

Leaked images of the new Navara

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. JohnBM01

JohnBM01 Premium

I first became familiar with the Navara when I saw a few YouTube videos with Nissan in the Dakar Rally. For those of you who have played through Enthusia Professional Racing, the Nissan Pickup rally machine is the Navara- just not called the Navara. Is the Navara coming to the States? It is a nice-looking truck from these pictures.

12. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

The current global Navara is the Frontier in the US. This new Navara may not end up being the next Frontier. That is yet to be seen.

13. Xilor

Xilor

14. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Do I want this to be the new Frontier? Yes. Will it be? Probably not.

15. RocZX

RocZX Premium

I'm pretty sure that it will be the new Frontier.

I don't like the style of it, it looks soft not tough.

16. Slash

Slash Premium

Everyone seems to be hating on it.

17. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Quote from Nissan NA:

18. RocZX

RocZX Premium

I was thinking they were going slightly changed the design but roughly that would be the new Frontier. Cause making a new truck for the US market only would cost a lot money and that would make no sense there would be little to no profits on it.

But then there is this article on The Truth About Cars talking about the next Frontier:

This makes me happy cause I like like those old compact truck and wished that companies would make them again.

19. Xilor

Xilor

That's not a bad idea actually. The Frontier isn't a bad truck, but it was never as good as the Tacoma, or as simple and tough as the Ranger. The only reason you'd ever have for buying one is if you got a good deal on it.

If they can make an extremely simple and rugged small truck, that will be reliable, cheap and easy to work on, and cost as little as $16k-$18k new, it can be a massive success.

20. BKGlover

BKGlover

...Or it could be a massive faceplant for Nissan. Let's not forget that the US Ranger was the last one in that segment, one that has been empty for three years already but was being abandoned left and right in the early 2000s. I'd like to see it come back, but I'm not one to give hope.

21. Xilor

Xilor

The reason that segment collapsed is because there wasn't a big enough difference in price between compact and full-size trucks. A 4-cylinder, manual gearbox Ranger was only 2k-3k$ less then a V6 Silverado or F150, so the majority preferred to pony up for the bigger truck.

Right now the cheapest full-sizer is the Ram at $25k, so a $18k Nissan truck would be considerably cheaper and could resurrect that segment if done right.

22. a6m5

a6m5 Premium

I'd welcome a competitive cheap/small truck market. Go Nissan!
    No, Danoff. No!

:lol:

23. JohnBM01

JohnBM01 Premium

If balls-to-the-wall tough is what you're looking for with the Navara, you will NOT find it with this design. It does look very nice regardless. Maybe it can be a subtly-styled pickup truck that can still (pardon the pun) carry the load for its class. I like this machine.

24. RocZX

RocZX Premium

The updated D22 will not happen for the US, will get a modified version of the new Navara but will have to wait till 2018 for it.
    The Truth About Cars

25. Tornado

Tornado

The Volkswagen NMS of pickups.

26. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

I must confess working for Nissan, they are either really slow with releasing new products or just love keeping cars around for a while. Not something I enjoy, 10 year release cycles is uncalled for.

27. 05XR8

05XR8

[​IMG]

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story2/C0AA7AD6006C933ECA257E59002260C3

i must say, that 2 door looks good.
    [​IMG]

28. 05XR8

05XR8

http://gtspeed.us/2016/09/17/this-800-bhp-gtr-engine-nissan-navara-will-leave-you-breathless/

29. 05XR8

05XR8

30. 05XR8

05XR8

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story2/BA952A23862EF4A0CA25804E0082F6DE