2016 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Results and TalkTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Cap'n Jack
  • 4,422 comments
The cover of tomorrows auto action looks interesting,

Attachments

• WP_20161221_23_12_24_Pro.jpg
    WP_20161221_23_12_24_Pro.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 33
And we thought Volvo was a curveball! I wonder if this is the rumoured new manufacturer interest we've heard of over the last few months or in addition to.

Both are Fiat so could be real.
I don't follow your logic on that one. TDZdave is pointing out that when GRM left Holden and were shopping around for a new manufacturer, it was widely believed that they would enter the Chrysler 300C thanks largely in part to Auto Action's reporting. As it turned out, any discussion that GRM had with Chrysler was nowhere near as extensive as Auto Action suggested it was.

I don't follow your logic on that one. TDZdave is pointing out that when GRM left Holden and were shopping around for a new manufacturer, it was widely believed that they would enter the Chrysler 300C thanks largely in part to Auto Action's reporting. As it turned out, any discussion that GRM had with Chrysler was nowhere near as extensive as Auto Action suggested it was.
But it's the same company being reported both times, Autoaction say it's more of a 2018 thing with the Alfa Rumors, so who knows maybe fiat got involved and wanted Alfa and not Chrysler, it's all speculation without information.

When Volvo was announced no one had a heads up on it so who knows.

But it's the same company being reported both times
And on the basis of that, I could make exactly the opposite argument: Auto Action reported that GRM would enter the Chrysler 300C. Instead, they entered the Volvo S60. Clearly, Auto Action was misinformed. Therefore, I would treat any report by the magazine related to Chrysler or its parent company with caution.

And on the basis of that, I could make exactly the opposite argument: Auto Action reported that GRM would enter the Chrysler 300C. Instead, they entered the Volvo S60. Clearly, Auto Action was misinformed. Therefore, I would treat any report by the magazine related to Chrysler or its parent company with caution.

This^ I would be more likely to swap Alfa Romeo with Sang Yong and be closer to the truth,

Back