Touring Cars 2016 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Results and Talk

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by Cap'n Jack, Dec 6, 2015.

1. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Here's a big change for 2017.

http://www.supercars.com/news/championship/bright-start-to-mega-new-deal/?sf44830407=1

2. LMSCorvetteGT2

LMSCorvetteGT2

CarreraGT likes this.
  3. prisonermonkeys

prisonermonkeys Premium

Who on earth is MEGA Petroleum? I've never heard of them.

Spacegoat and LumpiestFish like this.
  4. NW48

NW48

Never heard of them before either. But honestly, not expecting anything impressive from Bright. He should have retired last year when he was still capable of some good finishes.

Spacegoat likes this.
  5. noshog

noshog

Why Jason Bright, he pretty much gets outperformed by....Everyone !

He should retire and make room for a genuine up and comer.

*Edit, should've refreshed, I see I'm not the only one who doesn't rate him :)

And while I'm here....Congrats to SVG winning the championship :bowdown: Put in a champions drive to secure it too. Saturdays race was as exciting as can be...The edge of kiwi's sofas will be well worn out now !
    Beating the precious Whincup in his first year in the team too...Massive achievement !

Oh and lets not forget Scottie getting 3rd in the championship...Another massive result.

Kiwi's 1 & 3 overall for the year :bowdown: ....Watch out Aussie we're taking over :lol:

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  6. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Appears to be a US based company and sort of a "middle man" for petroleum products. I don't understand why a company like that would want to be on a racecar considering a vast majority of the people watching the races wouldn't be purchasing anything from them.

7. Spacegoat

Spacegoat Premium

So basically Bright's going to go from being middle of the pack at BJR to middle of the pack at PRA.
    Money talks.

LMSCorvetteGT2, Pete05 and CarreraGT like this.
  8. CarreraGT

CarreraGT

Haha I was thinking thinking the same thing. The guys hasn't really performed since he left HRT all those years ago...

Hats off to SVG though, he's a true class act and deserving champion. The guy can drive anything, all he ever needed in VASC was the right car

SVX, LMSCorvetteGT2 and Pete05 like this.
  9. Spacegoat

Spacegoat Premium

10. Cap'n Jack

Cap'n Jack Premium

That's rubbish. To think a female boss was the reason for his exit is incredibly naive. I'm a big believer in women's rights, especially having a few people close to me who have been on the receiving end of some deplorable acts of sexism, but one thing I won't stand for is unjustified prejudice like this which ruins the image of real campaigners of women's rights. This is why so many people think all feminists are just like those extremists you see online (eg. the whole Hugh Mungus incident).

11. 05XR8

05XR8

Bright would have done better service to giving LeBrocq or Jacobson that seat and mentoring either driver and partnering in the enduros.

I'm not a racer, but c'mon. The PRA DVS drivers know the car. This dude is going to be in the same boat as Coulthard, but not as good a driver. This ain't his old Fujitsu BF.

JonoStan96, LMSCorvetteGT2 and Pete05 like this.
  12. NW48

NW48

Had no idea what that was, so I googled it and watched it and now I have actually lost faith in humanity with people like her and her friends on this planet.

Cap'n Jack likes this.
  13. 05XR8

05XR8

Oh shoot. I was just joking. My response to @Spacegoat post about SVG switching to the AMG GT3 of Scott Taylor Motorsport.

Spacegoat likes this.
  14. Pete05

Pete05 Premium

15. prisonermonkeys

prisonermonkeys Premium

*cough*jamesphelps!*cough*

Spacegoat, ThomasJarrett and Pete05 like this.
  16. Cap'n Jack

Cap'n Jack Premium

That's awfully kind of you to suggest Phelps has any trace of intelligence in him! :p

Spacegoat, NW48 and Pete05 like this.
  17. LMSCorvetteGT2

LMSCorvetteGT2

In this case more than it should have.

Spacegoat likes this.
  18. IforceV8

IforceV8

19. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

20. prisonermonkeys

prisonermonkeys Premium

Maybe they're looking to capitalise on the Asian expansion.

21. NW48

NW48

Had a lot of respect for Betty and her non-politically correct attitude and how she doesn't confine to modern stereotypes about women and how she doesn't care what people think, but that's just pathetic. I hate SVG as much as the next guy, but honestly, that's not doing yourself any favours and can potentially hurt SVG's reputation if some blinded and deluded person picks that up and holds onto it as if it was fact. That's a big :tdown: for me.

Spacegoat likes this.
  22. Spacegoat

Spacegoat Premium

I had a lot of respect for Betty too, especially with the way she treats the fans. From what I've seen on social media she seems to be very generous with her time during race weekends. On top of that, she just seemed like a genuinely nice person. But yeah, she's lost me too. I thought she was above cheap comments like that.
    I'm actually rather surprised that it isn't a James Phelps article to begin with.
    :lol:!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
    LMSCorvetteGT2, Pete05 and NW48 like this.
  23. 05XR8

05XR8

I hope Betty calms down and reads Shane's response again. She needs to have a think about.

24. magic_town

magic_town Premium

This reeks of tall poppy syndrome. If she really believed this, why not bring it up years ago when he left Erebus? Why bring it up a couple of days after he wins the championship?

STIGGY_34 and Pete05 like this.
  25. NW48

NW48

I think it's mainly because he has spoken on the matter now maybe?

magic_town likes this.
  26. GTracer38

GTracer38

This. She was responding to the pre-event SVG article about the situation (although there seemed to be a lot of emotion in Betty's article).

Anyway, here is Betty's response to the criticism brought upon her and the team by this article:
    IMG_5186.jpg

27. 05XR8

05XR8

There we go. The Betty I met.

28. magic_town

magic_town Premium

My apologies if my comment was out of line, I was not aware SVG had brought it up first. That's what happens when you comment without properly researching it first :dunce:

NW48 likes this.
  29. NW48

NW48

Nah it's all good man. :):tup:

magic_town likes this.
  30. mustafur

mustafur

Hard to Blame SVG for leaving a team that changed on him, he signed up for a top team using ford's she comes in and changes to some unproven machinery normally that would be enough to make a contract invalid but apprently it wasn't so he put it into his own hands.

and he was right to do it, Erebus has yet to be anywhere near as good as the team she bought was since she took over and changed cars.

aarror, SVX, 05XR8 and 1 other person like this.