2016 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Results and TalkTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Cap'n Jack
  • 4,422 comments
Never heard of them before either. But honestly, not expecting anything impressive from Bright. He should have retired last year when he was still capable of some good finishes.

Why Jason Bright, he pretty much gets outperformed by....Everyone !

He should retire and make room for a genuine up and comer.

*Edit, should've refreshed, I see I'm not the only one who doesn't rate him :)

And while I'm here....Congrats to SVG winning the championship :bowdown: Put in a champions drive to secure it too. Saturdays race was as exciting as can be...The edge of kiwi's sofas will be well worn out now !
Beating the precious Whincup in his first year in the team too...Massive achievement !

Oh and lets not forget Scottie getting 3rd in the championship...Another massive result.

Kiwi's 1 & 3 overall for the year :bowdown: ....Watch out Aussie we're taking over :lol:

Last edited:
Who on earth is MEGA Petroleum? I've never heard of them.
Appears to be a US based company and sort of a "middle man" for petroleum products. I don't understand why a company like that would want to be on a racecar considering a vast majority of the people watching the races wouldn't be purchasing anything from them.

That's rubbish. To think a female boss was the reason for his exit is incredibly naive. I'm a big believer in women's rights, especially having a few people close to me who have been on the receiving end of some deplorable acts of sexism, but one thing I won't stand for is unjustified prejudice like this which ruins the image of real campaigners of women's rights. This is why so many people think all feminists are just like those extremists you see online (eg. the whole Hugh Mungus incident).

Bright would have done better service to giving LeBrocq or Jacobson that seat and mentoring either driver and partnering in the enduros.

I'm not a racer, but c'mon. The PRA DVS drivers know the car. This dude is going to be in the same boat as Coulthard, but not as good a driver. This ain't his old Fujitsu BF.

This is why so many people think all feminists are just like those extremists you see online (eg. the whole Hugh Mungus incident
Had no idea what that was, so I googled it and watched it and now I have actually lost faith in humanity with people like her and her friends on this planet.

Had a lot of respect for Betty and her non-politically correct attitude and how she doesn't confine to modern stereotypes about women and how she doesn't care what people think, but that's just pathetic. I hate SVG as much as the next guy, but honestly, that's not doing yourself any favours and can potentially hurt SVG's reputation if some blinded and deluded person picks that up and holds onto it as if it was fact. That's a big 👎 for me.

That's a big 👎 for me.

I had a lot of respect for Betty too, especially with the way she treats the fans. From what I've seen on social media she seems to be very generous with her time during race weekends. On top of that, she just seemed like a genuinely nice person. But yeah, she's lost me too. I thought she was above cheap comments like that.
*cough*jamesphelps!*cough*

I'm actually rather surprised that it isn't a James Phelps article to begin with.
That's awfully kind of you to suggest Phelps has any trace of intelligence in him! :P

:lol:!

Last edited:
This reeks of tall poppy syndrome. If she really believed this, why not bring it up years ago when he left Erebus? Why bring it up a couple of days after he wins the championship?

This reeks of tall poppy syndrome. If she really believed this, why not bring it up years ago when he left Erebus? Why bring it up a couple of days after he wins the championship?
I think it's mainly because he has spoken on the matter now maybe?

This. She was responding to the pre-event SVG article about the situation (although there seemed to be a lot of emotion in Betty's article).

Anyway, here is Betty's response to the criticism brought upon her and the team by this article:
IMG_5186.jpg

My apologies if my comment was out of line, I was not aware SVG had brought it up first. That's what happens when you comment without properly researching it first :dunce:

Hard to Blame SVG for leaving a team that changed on him, he signed up for a top team using ford's she comes in and changes to some unproven machinery normally that would be enough to make a contract invalid but apprently it wasn't so he put it into his own hands.

and he was right to do it, Erebus has yet to be anywhere near as good as the team she bought was since she took over and changed cars.

Back