2016 WeatherTech SportsCar ChampionshipSports Cars 

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 4,512 comments
It's safe to say that if he does it, there will be a buzz like no other and it will probably be talked about as much as 2001 was when Dale Sr. and Dale Jr. drove the C5R that year.
Hopefully he'd do good. Then again, being in the #10 with the Taylor brothers, as long as he doesn't wreck, he's got a good chance of being with the *podium* (not jinxing, nope, not happening) team.

Last edited:
It would be very nice to see Gordon do some sports car racing, hopefully if he does Daytona he sticks around for the other NAEC races.

Also, I just now realized JDC-Miller is only 45 minutes away from me. I guess I finally have a favorite DPi team. :)

You know, I think Dale Earnhardt Sr. was hinting towards doing Le Mans and stuff when done with NASCAR. Had he not die, we probably would have seen him take on sportscar racing. I feel the same way with Jeff Gordon. I think he'd be excellent in sportscar racing. A big reason why is because I've considered Jeff Gordon as one of NASCAR's best road racers. So if he can win going left and right, he might be at home with sportscar racing. I'd say... make it happen, dude! Somebody give the man a chance!

Given that the article is exactly 4 sentences long, I'm not reading too much into it (seriously, no pun intended). But to be quite honest, I'm surprised Corvette hasn't offered him a part time drive in one of their GTE cars (or at least one that has been made public). I've always thought he would have a pretty good second career as a sports car driver. That is, of course, if he wanted to do that sort of thing.

You know, I think Dale Earnhardt Sr. was hinting towards doing Le Mans and stuff when done with NASCAR. Had he not die, we probably would have seen him take on sportscar racing. I feel the same way with Jeff Gordon. I think he'd be excellent in sportscar racing. A big reason why is because I've considered Jeff Gordon as one of NASCAR's best road racers. So if he can win going left and right, he might be at home with sportscar racing. I'd say... make it happen, dude! Somebody give the man a chance!

I think I saw somewhere in one of the videos of champcar/ indycar racing from the 90s that Gordon was tipped to go to open wheelers before the indycar split, though I've not seen any proper evidence to support that,

Aston Martin will run at Daytona in GTD with Dalla Lana.

Jagonya Ayam may enter with a Ligier (with a rather odd sponsorship package).

It may have taken awhile but it seems the 24 is starting to register on the international radar again. :cheers:

Although I have to wonder how they will determine who gets to race if more than 60 teams enter.

"Now this is some FINGER LICKIN’ GOOD NEWS!!!" :lol:

Well it took long enough (and granted it took a different path), but one of America's biggest races finally has a KFC car in it :lol:

Well it took long enough (and granted it took a different path), but one of America's biggest races finally has a KFC car in it :lol:

Biffle had KFC on his car for the 500 this year. ;)

It's extremely odd though considering it's technically the Indonesian KFC that is sponsoring the car.:odd:

Biffle had KFC on his car for the 500 this year. ;)

It's extremely odd though considering it's technically the Indonesian KFC that is sponsoring the car.:odd:

I'm actually hoping this won't stop KFC NA from getting in on the act. Free food and all. And with it being the American south, this team is gonna be popular for sure.
Sure :sly:, with a side of a Mazda added to it to make it Nashvile Hot.
and on that bombshell the Mazda and KFC commercials during the race just skyrocketed

IMSA should think about creating their own TV network/streaming service. Between their reuploads of commercial free versions of the races and these promos...heck I'd pay for them to do live coverage. Probably get better viewership by doing that and ditching Fox.

Remember in 2014 when everybody was terrified if IMSA was going to work or not? Its wonderful to see them continuing to become a better and better sanctioning body. If it weren't for Fox I'd say this series would definitely be locked in with America's "Big 3" (NASCAR, Indycar and WeatherTech Sportscar Championship). Next year DPi, and the year after we drop PC and have more room for GTD, GTLM and DPi entries. Oh how things are looking up for North American sportscar racing. We have our American Le Mans series back (to an extent). :) May not have LMP1, and DPi's may more or less be restricted to us, but it feels good to see the direction the sport is going in.

Why can't it be January 27th already? :D

Last edited:
That new Mazda prototype looks pretty sweet! The Mazda-powered Courage of the mid-2000s is lovelier than this new RT24-P, and the failed RX-792P is even lovelier, but this RT24-P is a stunner.

Want to buy a couple of motor-less prototypes with little to no heritage and nowhere to race them, eh?
A pair of Lola's that could have Gibson V8's slammed into them? **** yes. :drool: :lol: Wouldn't be hard to back date them for Historics or just run them in Europe in one of those mixed prototype series'.

A pair of Lola's that could have Gibson V8's slammed into them? **** yes. :drool: :lol: Wouldn't be hard to back date them for Historics or just run them in Europe in one of those mixed prototype series'.
That might make it more competitive than it would be in its purest state because it'll probably be less likely to break down and sit on the side of the road on fire. :lol:

That might make it more competitive than it would be in its purest state because it'll probably be less likely to break down and sit on the side of the road on fire. :lol:
I'm surprised they had such issues with the AER engine, thought they had a good reputation. Curse of the diesel lives on. :P

Back