2016 WeatherTech SportsCar ChampionshipSports Cars 

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 4,512 comments
Did you keep on watching the video/stream? It gave a lot of views.
Yeah, but the initial view was disappointing. :P

Maybe they are taking the "build a good car first" and worry about the glitz part later approach first instead of the way some other Asian brand did it.đź’ˇ;):lol:

I'm only partly joking, but seriously they cut to them pulling the cover off and they can't get a better camera view? (closer?) And Nissan joke was unnecessary.

I agree with the other comments saying that the Mazda set the bar high for the DPi formula. I'm curious to see what the others look like now.

I also wonder how this (and later the others) would look as an LMP1-L. I know that making DPi into the L won't happen for cost reasons unless its agreed upon years down the road, but it still would be nice to at least make a guess out of curiousness.

I'm only partly joking, but seriously they cut to them pulling the cover off and they can't get a better camera view? (closer?) And Nissan joke was unnecessary.

You're dealing with the most passive aggressive dude on the forums. I think this was bound to happen. :lol:

Again. I think it's underwhelming in my opinion, but they did the most with the regulations that they were bound to. Now to wait for Caddy's turn.

This Mazda is a fantastic looking car, cant wait for the Cadillac, any other manufacturers getting on board?
Onroak and ESM are doing a Nissan powered by a GT-R 3.8 V6 but had to go back to the drawing board when they showed IMSA the bodykit that was a Nissan badge and round taillights and were to told to go away and try again.

That side profile though. :drool:

IMG_4113.JPG

All I have for evidence, take it for whatever you want. Whether made up or not there it is.

http://shiftinglanes.com/2016/10/cadillacs-2017-prototype-racecar-spied/

from the article (about a month old?)
It is believed that all DPi teams are in some form of testing, no official DPi cars have been revealed as of yet. We know Cadillac will be taking the wraps off of their DPi car at next month’s LA Auto Show. No word on when Mazda or Nissan will unveil theirs.

With Porsche, Lexus, Acura and Mazda showing off their toys at the LA Auto Show, surely GM would want to join them? Especially being the defending constructors champion. Hopefully they do show up, and hopefully it looks awesome.

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/daytona-wednesday-notebook-4/

***While Mazda became the first manufacturer to unveil its DPi on Wednesday, no word has been given on when GM will take the wraps off its Cadillac DPi car. It’s understood holdups in contracts has been the reason for multiple delays in the car’s debut, which was initially projected for August.

***Wayne Taylor Racing has completed no fewer than four tests already with the Dallara-chassied car, including a recent 24-hour test at Charlotte Motor Speedway alongside Action Express Racing, which had the rollout of its first chassis. A multi-day test is planned at Road Atlanta for next week.

Press debut at Detroit is still my bet, GM would not debut a new race car program at the L.A. auto show and forget to tell everybody.

Press debut at Detroit is still my bet, GM would not debut a new race car program at the L.A. auto show and forget to tell everybody.
Just stating what I had read. I see no point on guessing when, where or why.

As we have not heard from GM we should assume they have no plans on revealing it before the Daytona test were we to use your/IforceV8 logic. ;) And to stay within the AUP.
  • You will not knowingly post any material that is false, misleading, or inaccurate.
Just saying. ;)

Just stating what I had read. I see no point on guessing when, where or why.

As we have not heard from GM we should assume they have no plans on revealing it before the Daytona test were we to use your/IforceV8 logic. ;) And to stay within the AUP.
  • You will not knowingly post any material that is false, misleading, or inaccurate.
Just saying. ;)
Feel free to report yourself then.
The Cadillac is to be revealed at the LA show, so it should be this week.

Provide some evidence to fit your claim that GM has a DPi debut this week since you are claiming it as a "fact". IS TO BE sounds like you have some inside info that the rest of the world doesnt have. I want to see the Caddy and dont want to wait until the Roar.

Back