2017-18 UEFA Champions League Thread

• Thread starter Brend
  • 401 comments
Haters gonna hate, you know.

If you don't support Madrid, you support any and all teams playing against them.

I'm sure it's pretty widespread. Oh well.

I'm not really for Real but i really can't stand Liverpool.

Three in a row for Real Madrid, four in five years, and like I said at the start of the match it was the exact same Real team that started last years final.

I have to admit its either a bit suspicious or they really are one of the Great teams in World Football, I'm leaning towards the second one but I cant shake off feelings of the first.

My opinion...

And its for sure deserved... Liverpool fought well, but Real just showed their up hand!

Deserved is a way too big word. 2 goals because of absolute luck (and a buckling goalie)
And that asswipe of a Ramos once again putting his negative mark on a game.

Real weren't anywhere near their form of the last 2 years. Not even close. This win was luck and luck alone, and that's still a win.

Deserved is a way too big word. 2 goals because of absolute luck (and a buckling goalie)
And that asswipe of a Ramos once again putting his negative mark on a game.

Real weren't anywhere near their form of the last 2 years. Not even close. This win was luck and luck alone, and that's still a win.
I don't disagree.

Liverpool were really good the first 25-30 minutes, but I think Real took more and more over and showed their experience in big finals.

Sure, every winning team needs luck. But some people say good teams create their own luck.

I won't comment much on the Ramos situation as I haven't seen it in replay's after match yet. First thought was fair challenge, but after the first replays during game it looked more like a foul. But everyone hating on Ramos for that just because Salah was injured and couldn't continue, that I don't get.

Could have been anyone. But it was Ramos. And it was Salah. Just had to cause an uproar.

I don't think it would be half as crazy if it was Ronaldo and Van Dijk.

But now that the dust starts to settle, bring on the World Cup!!! :cheers:

Ramos did a fine hatchet job not only on Salah, but on Liverpool's self-belief. LFC moved and played with the confidence of champions in the first half.

Eeeeh, not just because of Salah. Pretty much his entire career .
So what does other matches over a long career matter?

This was 1 situation in 1 game.

Had it been Varane and Firmino, no one would be anywhere near as mad as Ramos/Salah. Just leave it be.

Ramos went in with the intent to foul Salah. Not injure him. Stop Salah from advancing. Not kill him.

Didn't run at him at max speed and break his leg off. Just dragged him down as any other normal foul... Just ended more badly than others.

274 cards in his career.

The man has a problem.
Sure, Ramos is a hothead, but that is also what makes him a great player (and sometimes dirty).

But he has won just about everything he can win. And 4 UCL titles in 5 seasons, on top of other titles, and a highly successful career makes him a great player. Definitely one of the best defenders in football history. Even on the attacking side he has been magnificent. Many cards, many yellows, many reds, but so many great moments aswell.

But hey! People only remember the bad parts.

Same with Rooney. Hothead back in his best days, and when he calmed down, so did his performance.

And Pepe. Same deal. When he was a real hothead, he was playing really good. When he tried to chill down a bit, he just became tame and under performing. And Dani Alves. And Roy Keane. And sooo many others.

Some players just have that natural aggressive behaviour, which makes them great players.

And then theres captain kopite. That 🤬 Gerrard. Known for being dirty, injuring players and influencing getting people sent off ib derbies.

Real just showed what they were through out the season: a slow, lackluster, uninspired team, playing as the game flows, with only a couple of players showing up and actually making a difference.

I am tired of Ramos having pretty much a free pass on Champions League and doing whatever he pleases without being punished. Ok, he grabbed Salah, it happens, but did he really needed to keep is arm locked into Salah's, only letting it go after he rolled over the poor guy? It was clearly intentional. And we've seen this behavior from Ramos for far to long now.

Liverpool played much better than Real, for most of the game, there were occasions where Real showed their worth but they were brief and far apart. And apart from that stunner from Bale, Karius did everything for them.

And like for the hundredth time I don't understand the hate for Ronaldo. In fact, only the british on this website and moan about him as much as him in the field :lol:

Sad to see Salah cheated out of his big chance to shine - poor Karius will probably never live down such an awful game for him - Gareth Bale is incredible and provided the only magic in the whole game -but Sergio Ramos is an utter 🤬 disgrace and ought to face sanctions after such a shameful and disgusting performance...

Police investigating tweets aimed at Karius and his family wishing they all had terminal cancer, plus death threats.

I saw some vile tweets directed at him earlier, they are some ****ing idiots out there!

This is why I hate football fanatics if this was in Turkey I have feeling Karius would have got killed.

Beautiful game will always be tainted by these fanatics.

We all love football but not to the point where we would harm or wish people dead.

Police investigating tweets aimed at Karius and his family wishing they all had terminal cancer, plus death threats.

I saw some vile tweets directed at him earlier, they are some ****ing idiots out there!
I guess if you make a couple of mistakes, you sometimes do walk alone.

I support Bale Madrid. Wales' "one man team" token has suddenly become "Britain's greatest export". Funny, that.

But what a goal. Second time he's come scored the winner in the final and the fourth time he's won the damn thing. Should be playing every week wherever he ends up in August.

Giggs called Bale the greatest Welsh player ever earlier, I'm not sure about that as we have had some great players in the past, but no Welsh player has won four Champions Leagues before!

As for his future, well I'd obviously love to have him at United but I fear Mourinho will have him play at left back or something....

Liverpool fans start petition over banning Ramos. Typical, when Liverpool (and their fans) don't get their way, they complain. I'm looking at you 2006 champions league.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Is there another bus to go with the last one.

celebs_liverpool_bus_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqEDjTm7JpzhSGR1_8ApEWQA1vLvhkMtVb21dMmpQBfEs.jpg

I caught the highlights of the game yesterday and was not surprised by the result. I was surprised, however, by Bale's amazing goal and the two injuries that will end Salah and Carvajal's World Cup chances. Terrible news and circumstances and I feel bad for the Kloppsicle.

Also, if Liverpool think buying Donnarumma will fix their goalie issues, they should look to the Europa League AC Milan/Arsenal 2nd leg match from earlier this year. Gigio palmed a long shot (I'm pretty sure it was from Ramsey) into his own net just like Karius. So he probably wouldn't be able to stop a Welsh super-strike either.

Edit: Fixed the spelling of Dani Carvajal for Phoenix

Last edited:
Back