2017-2018 FA Cup

• Thread starter Famine
  • 65 comments
The fourth round draw is on the One Show on BBC One from 7.20pm tonight.

Hey @Famine

Don't know if you know but Sheffield Wednesday's potential fifth round match v Swansea will be on BT on the 17th, I say potential as we have to get past Notts County first, but it could be a return for Carvalhal.

Replay between Swansea and Notts County is on BBC One tonight with Millwall v Rochdale and Birmingham v Huddersfield also on, tomorrow its Spurs v Newport on BT plus maybe a few others that I've forgotten about!

Yeah I wasn't expecting that either! :lol:
But wait, there's more:
youwhat.jpg

Now... what is it I've been saying about Carvalhal's Wednesday ALL BASTARD SEASON LONG... Hmm, can't remember...

Made seven changes for tonight as well, and still got that result, good to see some young lads get some game time and Daniel James got a goal on his debut.

Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea on BT on the 17th, I'm looking forward to it!. :sly:

Here's the games for this weekends Cup stuff.

Friday night
Chelsea v Hull (8pm BT)
Leicester v Sheffield United

Saturday
Brighton v Coventry
Huddersfield v Man United (5.30 BT)
Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea (12.30 BT)
West Brom v Southampton

Sunday
Rochdale v Tottenham (4pm BBC)

Monday night
Wigan v Man City (7.55 BBC)

Games are very spread out.

Cup Results

Chelsea 4-0 Hull
Leicester 1-0 Sheff United
Sheff Wednesday 0-0 Swansea
Brighton 3-1 Coventry
West Brom 1-2 Southampton

Yet another replay for Swansea making it three rounds in a row.

Huddersfield v Man United to come today.

Sixth Round Draw
Brighton & Hove Albion - Manchester United
Leicester City - Chelsea
Rochdale or Tottenham Hotspur - Swansea City or Sheffield Wednesday
Wigan Athletic or Manchester City - Southampton
The four highest ranked teams remaining - Manchester City, Manchester United, Chelsea and Tottenham - all miraculously avoid each other.

Fancy that.

The four highest ranked teams remaining - Manchester City, Manchester United, Chelsea and Tottenham - all miraculously avoid each other.

Fancy that.

Is the FIFA in charge of the draw?

Anyone know why the Cup draw was on a Saturday evening rather than the usual Monday evening?, seemed weird to have it on so early.

A late stoppage time equalizer gives Rochdale a 2-2 draw against Tottenham and sets up a Wembley replay and a nice payday for Rochdale.

Anyone know why the Cup draw was on a Saturday evening rather than the usual Monday evening?, seemed weird to have it on so early.

Same answer as usual, money. BT had the rights to draw this round, as if that even needs to be a thing. So they had the draw after their last match.

It is ridiculous that it happens before all the original ties are played. The FA are just incapable of managing the game properly.

Jesus Christ, I could hardly believe it watching it at home, City had all the possession and chances in the World despite having Delph sent off but it was a great Grigg strike that knocks them out.

City really weren't happy about it either, Pep clashed with Wigan boss Paul Cook in the tunnel at half time and the two had to be separated, Aguero clashed with a Wigan fan during the pitch invasion at full time and the City fans clashed with Police after the game too.

The two replays are this week, Swansea v Wednesday on err...Tuesday night on BBC with Spurs v Rochdale on BT on Wednesday.

Swansea 2-0 Sheff Wednesday, Jordan Ayew and Nathan Dyer's second half goals seal the win at a bitterly cold Liberty Stadium, Swansea will now play either Spurs or Rochdale in the sixth round.....most likely Spurs.

Here's the games for the sixth round/quarter finals of the FA Cup.

Saturday
Swansea v Tottenham (12.15 BT)
Man United v Brighton (7.30 BT)

Sunday
Wigan v Southampton (1.30 BBC)
Leicester v Chelsea (4.30 BBC)

Standard win for United last night, didn't play particularly well but we're just better than Brighton. We keep picking ineffective midfield combinations against smaller clubs and inviting thier midfields to play right up to the edge of our box, I know the intention is to hit them on the break but it isn't working.

It looked like we won comfortably in the end yesterday, but Brighton had a few chances to score and it's becuase they fluffed those chances that the win looked secure. It's frustrating becuase we know how well this team can play when given the chance to.

Southampton just beat Wigan 0-2, it was all Wigan for the first hour but didn't take their chances, Southampton also had a penalty saved, well done to Wigan on a great cup run though. 👍

Leicester v Chelsea to come.

Edit, And Chelsea just beat Leicester 1-2 in extra time.

Semi final draw coming up.

Last edited:
So this can't possibly be at Wembley, can it? That'd surely be a home game for Spurs?
This is something that irks me off a little bit tbh. It should have been up to Tottenham to make a deal with another London club to share.

Imagine Spurs at the Emirates:lol:

Semi-finals should never be at Wembley. It makes the competition less special.

When did they stop using neutral venues for two-legged semi-finals?

Here's the FA Cup Semi Finals for this weekend.

Saturday
Man United v Tottenham (5.15 BBC One)

Sunday
Chelsea v Southampton (3pm BT Sport)

Please just do a Wigan. I don't care if we have more games next season. I'd love it if we did a Wigan. Relegation is looking inevitable now.

Missed the game earlier because of work, saw the little highlights package on BBC, a fantastic performance and a great win.

Not really bothered about who we face in the final, most likely it will be Chelsea but it only one game so you never know.

Back