2017 ADAC Zurich 24 Hours of NurburgringTouring Cars 

Always worth it to stay before the computer for the last few hours of the race. :D

Congrats to Audi. Satisfied with BMW's 2nd. Excellent job by Catsburg to keep the BMW on the wet track with slick tyres. 👍

Screenshot 2017-05-28 at 09.53.18.png

Screenshot 2017-05-28 at 10.21.03.png

Screenshot 2017-05-28 at 10.06.05.png

Screenshot 2017-05-28 at 10.05.15.png

Screenshot 2017-05-28 at 10.00.42.png

The race pictures explain it all... Land Motorsport came from a 3rd place deficit to win the race after having two miscues nearing the conclusion of the race. The team that practically dominated the race almost saw their victory dashed in the pit lane. However, an unusual delay in their final pit stop provided the winning move of the race for Land Motorsport as they correctly predicted that the track would be unmanageable on slick tires, which was the result for most of their competitors as they were dealing with the chaos of ever-changing Nurburg weather in the final 15 minutes. Land Motorsport was able to manage the tire treads on the dry parts of the track and successfully control the car through the wet and weaved its way through the traffic jam of cars struggling to make it to the pit. Fortunately for Land Motorsport, their #29 car arose from the Green Hell madness to win the 2017 ADAC Zurich 24 Hours of Nurburgring. Congrats to #29 team - Connor De Phillippi, Christopher Mies, Markus Winkelhock, Kelvin van der Linde and team for winning the race overall and all who competed in the 45th running of the 24 hours of Nurburgring. To 2018 we go for the 46th running of the German classic!

Last 30 minutes of Nurburging >> the entire Monaco F1 race?

I have to agree - the Land pit stop madness was more exciting than Vettel holding off Raikkonen exiting the pits! This is unbelievable! Congratulations to the #29 team, who thought they lost hope of a win...until the last-second decision to switch to rain tires!

Was keeping up with the later part of the race, whilst watching the Monaco GP, and I watched the last 20-30mins. Must say, what a awesome finish to it, simply can't right that sort of stuff :eek:.

To think, what 60mins before the end, the #29 seemed down and out with electrical issues, but an awesome call for wet tyres simply flipped things around, top stuff.

Aside from that, big shame the Viper was DQ'ed early on, as I would've been rooting for them. Funny, almost seems like the ADAC guys have a thing against the Vipers :lol:; yes I know it was DQ'ed for breaching noise regs, which is pretty clear nonetheless.

Same for the pole sitting Glickenhaus, unlucky it had contact early on, would've been interesting to see how it went on, as always been interested by the Glickenhaus cars.

Anyway, looked to be a cracking race, role on next year. Just need to wait for Le Mans now :D,

I always forget they have silly regulations like that. Makes me like the Viper even more if it was loud enough to be DQ'd. What is the limit anyway? Is it at least over 100db?

Also, at least a Glickenhaus won its class, don't know the drivers so it didn't matter to me which one took the win.

Back