2017 Chevrolet Bolt

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 37 comments

CodeRedR51

Premium
United States
United States
Do we have a thread for this already? Searched a few keywords and didn't come up with anything.

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/12/01/2017-chevy-bolt-spy-shots/

bolt-001-copy-1.jpg

Funny how people are copying Nissan on the floating roof thing. That C-Pillar treatment is damn near the same.

I thought we did? But maybe it was in the Volt thread. Don't recall.

Either way, isn't that pretty much what we should have expected? We got the overall idea with the concept, and then they grafted the style language of the 2nd gen Volt onto it. Overall, I'd say its reasonably attractive, and certainly seems more distinguished than the Volt - while at the same time looking a bit more respectable than the Leaf... If a bit of an i3 knockoff. I dunno, its an idea that needs to happen, and its interesting that Tesla has essentially "forced" GM into the 200-mile EV game. Here's hoping the interior is good, and the range is where it needs to be.

PS - I'm willing to bet that the Sonic will look just like this, just with, uh, you know... Real side panels, and a regular grille.

The lower black plastic makes it look like a crossover, especially towards the rear.

GM, please stop having your design department listen to consulting groups or whatever, have them actually try once in a while.

Those wheels look like the cheap aftermarket stuff you'd find at Pep Boys.

A sub 7-second 0-60 time is pretty spunky, and I do wonder how solid that 200 mile range claim is. Still, they've got a lot of promising stuff, here. That new infotainment system looks like what GM needs to step far, far away from CUE and the like, although I don't know if ~10" of screen is applicable in every new model. One thing I'm not sold on, however, is the LCD screen that replaces the rearview mirror. While I'm sure it'll be nice with night driving and lights that are too bright behind you, I'll continue to trust my eyes to get the job done (yes, I know that this is a thing that will happen, no matter what).

Either way, given that this is probably 80% the new Sonic, I'm excited to see how everything turns out with that, too.

A sub 7-second 0-60 time is pretty spunky, and I do wonder how solid that 200 mile range claim is. Still, they've got a lot of promising stuff, here.

Yep, it seems like a pretty solid commuter car that would be able to compliment a weekend car.

I'm not sure they're copying Nissan. The new Astra would likely have been in development during the same time these Nissans were and I'm sure styling teams are pretty close in GM these days. That Bolt looks like it could slot into the Opel/Vauxhall lineup with nothing more than a different grille.

Opel-Astra-0.jpg

Chevrolet copying Nissan copying Citroën, who probably also copied the pilar design from someone.

Anyway, this sounds interesting, even if it won't involve comparing lap times around the town.
  • Gamification
    • In the future, Bolt EV owners will be able to “compete” by comparing driving styles to determine who is driving most efficiently.

No it involves seeing who can drive the slowest to go the furthest on a charge. :lol:
I'm actually concerned about how it affects road safety, as I'd very likely end up putting all my focus on trying to be better than the guy ahead rather than some much more important parts of my driving, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Chevrolet copying Nissan copying Citroën, who probably also copied the pilar design from someone.

Anyway, this sounds interesting, even if it won't involve comparing lap times around the town.

Sounds nerdy...I guess it's one way to get excited after you leave the cubicle you drove to

Back