2017 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand PrixFormula 1 

Status
Not open for further replies.
United Kingdom
YorkshireLand
SVTlover
Well here we are at the final race of the 2017 season, both titles have been wrapped up but there's still lots to play for down the field. Renault, Toro Rosso and Haas are all scrapping for 6th in the constructors championship which will earn some big bucks! This is also the final F1 race with open cockpits so no doubt the fans will want to savour every moment. So for the last time this year, get ready for the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

abudhabi.jpg

YAS MARINA CIRCUIT
FIRST RACE
NUMBER
OF LAPS
CIRCUIT LENGTH
5.554KM (3.451 Miles)
RACE DISTANCE
305.470KM (189.810 Miles)
LAP
RECORD
1:40.279, Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull, 2009
TYRE ALLOCATIONS
Ultra-Soft, Super Soft & Soft

1510653868189.jpg

SKY SPORTS CLASSIC RACE SCHEDULE
Thursday - Abu Dhabi 2010
Friday - China 2011
2016 RESULT

1 Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes)

2 Nico Rosberg (Mercedes)

3 Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari)

2016 Fastest lap - Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari) 1:43.729 (lap 43)​

The lap record is still from 2009? Last year's was 3s off so I wonder if we're likely to see it broken this year.

The lap record is still from 2009? Last year's was 3s off so I wonder if we're likely to see it broken this year.
The lap record was with refuelling and more durable tyres. Spa was the same. It should be broken this year

This race always reminds me about the survey Fox conducted in the Middle East about The Simpsons.

It turns out that, due to broadcasting restrictions on US television in much of the region during the 1960s, people in Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar and Bahrain don't appreciate how much influence The Flintstones had on The Simpsons.

But people in Abu Dhabi do.

Worst track layout on the calendar. Sector 3 in particular is as "mickey mouse" as they come.

This race always reminds me about the survey Fox conducted in the Middle East about The Simpsons.

It turns out that, due to broadcasting restrictions on US television in much of the region during the 1960s, people in Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar and Bahrain don't appreciate how much influence The Flintstones had on The Simpsons.

But people in Abu Dhabi do.
If the F1 folk have a party after the race, it'll be an Abu Dhabi doo.

SKY SPORTS​
CLASSIC RACE
SCHEDULE​
Thursday - Abu Dhabi 2010

Requirements for reaching this status seem to be rather low these days, can anyone remind me what was actually classic about this race or is the term being thrown around again?

Requirements for reaching this status seem to be rather low these days, can anyone remind me what was actually classic about this race or is the term being thrown around again?

I think it's more a classic as in an old race at this track than an actual classic as in OMG THIS WAS A ****ING EPIC RACE classic.

I think it's more a classic as in an old race at this track than an actual classic as in OMG THIS WAS A ****ING EPIC RACE classic.
Yeah, classic in the "classic rock radio" sense, not in the "defining moments of the sport" sense.

Walter Koster is a legend. They should get him to do the podium interviews. Whoever best manages to answer keeping a straight face should win an award.

Welp, the last F1 race as far I'm concerned.

I mean who would have thought that all the people bitching so many years about Bernie "He has to go!!!" were wrong, afterall as he was the one holding everything together and keeping the sport successful.

On the other hand I understand he had to go at some point so godspeed to him!

Never will we see these beautiful cars again when they still shared the design language of street cars, from an era when the cars were the true stars of the grid.

20171111_224857.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back