2017 Ferrari SF70H Coming to Assetto Corsa

Interesting to see almost universal disappointment in the SF70H winning the vote, yet somehow it won by a rather large margin.

There's ~30 posts in this thread, whilst the poll had over 30,000 votes. A tiny minority of those who voted expressing their view is not going to be as good an indicator of community opinion as the vote itself (especially when you'd expect the ones who are unhappy to be more vocal).

I thought the point of the vote was to let the community decide what they wanted, but the community ended up with a car most of them don't want.

Not voting for something is not necessarily the same as "not wanting" it - otherwise you'd have to conclude that every car in the list wasn't wanted by most people, therefore none of them should be included.

Wiz
As soon as the F1 subreddit got involved it was over.

According to a Kunos dev it wasn't the subreddit that swung it.

FYI, the results were similar before the poll was anywhere near Reddit (SF17H had double the votes of P2 in the first few days when the forum warriors still had a significant share of the votes), and if anything, the 512M made up quite a few positions, a week into the poll the 488 GTE was majorly ahead of 3rd place and several cars were neck and neck for P3.

I'm seriously disappointed by this result. Only positive for me is the big regulatory changes introduced for the 2017 season, which will be interesting to experience in AC. That said, far from as interesting as nearly everything else in the poll's top 10.

Please elaborate with a readable font size. I have had great fun driving the Ferrari F138 on PS4.
I tried the SF15T last night as I've barely used it, I thought I'd try it just to confirm my disappointment of the winning poll. It was boring as hell on Spa, after a few laps of getting closer to the limit it be a a whole lot more enjoyable ( I didn't get nowhere near the limit though as I was pushed for time for one ), most of the voter won't be able to get close to the limit of the 2017 F1 I'm gonna presume so makes this addition kind of pointless.

Though it has to be said, who would have believed Kunos could get this years F1 Ferrari? It is quite the coup if you ask me and I recon will bring Kunos some extra publicity that another winner would not have. Still, damn bloody F1 car, why did they have to add it to the poll? Then I realise thank god that the 488 GTE didn't win! So there's that to be happy about.
Personally I'm disappointed with this result as I won't use it past giving it a quick test run. I'm happy for those who wanted it though.

15% of votes mean that 75% of people didn't want another F1 car though...

Lol can't believe I made that mathematical error lol
Whilst you made a mathematical error, your number was probably more accurate. As i doubt it's true 85% of the other votes absolutely did not want this car to be the winner, they just preferred something else.

What is remarkable though is that if you look on their official forum, their FB page, and here, there is no indication that the SF70H was anywhere near the most wanted, it was by far the the car I saw least mentioned and garter the pole it is evident it is also the car least wanted.. I struggle to imagine any other winner ( with the exception of the 488 GTE ) would have caused such disappointment.

I could be wrong, but people who chose this F1 thing either
  • haven't bothered looking at the list;
This absolutely can not be ruled out. The amount of people i saw post: why can't I vote for the 812? I wanted to vote for the 250 GTO but it's n0t on the list, no 812 so voted for the TDF.

Damn it, is it so hard to try to read the whole thing?

What are they going to do with it though? The AI doesn't use all the rocket-ship hybrid controls so there's not much point in racing it offline, nevermind that it doesn't have any other cars to compete against. The SF15 is very rarely used online as far as I know so I would expect this one not to be used much either, and I'm sure not many people have mastered how to use all the hybrid settings so even if it was used online the racing probably wouldn't be very competitive or entertaining. So that leaves you with hot-lapping and we already have other F1 cars we can do that with. However if the 512 had made it then it would have been great to race offline, online, and it had a friend car in the game to play with, so it would have been far more useful than yet another F1 car (IMO) that most people will drive once or twice and then park in their garage. And this is coming from someone who considers F1 his religion and has watched every race and qualifying session for at least the last 15 years and attended five F1 races in person.

After Brexit, Trump, Boaty McBoatface, and now this, I think it's safe to say the public can no longer be trusted with important votes. :dunce:
More than the reasons you mentioned, even if you are an alien in these modern F1 cars, almost every one you come up against will be sloths! So what's the point? Especially with Schumis car already in the pack. I would have had zero problems with the 641 or any pre 2000s F1 car winning ( really looking forward to the 67 F1 car btw).

There's only one thing that can make those vote great, Kunos get the merc too.

I'm kinda surprised the 488 GTE actually took 3rd. Could've used that to force Kunos into updating the C7R. :P

There's ~30 posts in this thread, whilst the poll had over 30,000 votes. A tiny minority of those who voted expressing their view is not going to be as good an indicator of community opinion as the vote itself (especially when you'd expect the ones who are unhappy to be more vocal).

I've been reading three different sim racing forums and Facebook today, the reaction is almost universally negative between all of those sources. I've probably read over 500 comments today and I'd guess about 90-95% of them were expressing disappointment. I'd say that's a pretty good sample size and a pretty good indicator.

Not voting for something is not necessarily the same as "not wanting" it - otherwise you'd have to conclude that every car in the list wasn't wanted by most people, therefore none of them should be included.

Except that the theme running through the comments I've read say they have little interest in this car. The most common comment of the day seems to be along the lines of "I'll drive it once when it releases, then it will just sit in my garage". That indicates to me that the majority of people did not want it, especially since it knocked out a car they DID want. I mean sure, if you came up to us and said "you can have the SF70H or nothing" most people would take the car, but that wasn't the case here and the SF70H eliminated a lot of cars that people DID want. Obviously enough people wanted it for it to win, but of the regular forum dwellers (which is what I consider "the community") it doesn't seem to be a popular result at all.

I've been reading three different sim racing forums and Facebook today, the reaction is almost universally negative between all of those sources. I've probably read over 500 comments today and I'd guess about 90-95% of them were expressing disappointment. I'd say that's a pretty good sample size and a pretty good indicator.

It is a sizable number, but it's still only a fraction of the people who took part in the poll, and no way of checking if it's a represenative sample of the participants (let alone all AC players). To me, 500 people expressing disappointment towards a car they didn't vote for doesn't tell me a lot, when I already know that 25,000+ people hadn't voted for that car.........

Likewise, if 500 comments suddenly popped up saying they're so happy the SF70H won, since I already know that ~4,500 people voted for it I don't think that would tell me much either. I don't think you can really read further into it than that without being purely speculative.

Except that the theme running through the comments I've read say they have little interest in this car. The most common comment of the day seems to be along the lines of "I'll drive it once when it releases, then it will just sit in my garage". That indicates to me that the majority of people did not want it, especially since it knocked out a car they DID want.

Sorry, I thought you were referring to the vote results - my point being, the vote was so split that none of the cars could be touted as the one the community "wanted", because none of them got a majority. (Maybe you could argue that Kunos shouldn't have done a poll where the winner only needed a plurality, but that's the rules they went with.)

If you're going by comments, then again, a minority of comments doesn't necessarily speak for everyone. We also don't know what the reactions would've been if other cars in the poll had won instead (how many comments would have been produced by the new batch of people disappointed the SF70H didn't win?).

I mean sure, if you came up to us and said "you can have the SF70H or nothing" most people would take the car, but that wasn't the case here and the SF70H eliminated a lot of cars that people DID want.

As an aside, the fact that all these cars were in the poll to begin with obviously means Kunos has some sort of permission to create them. So if they were able to reach agreement with Ferrari to do another pack, it's not like these cars will have been permanently consigned to the graveyard. (Kunos will have their own plans but a "community pack" which featured the cars that finished 2nd-8th would be a great idea.)

Obviously enough people wanted it for it to win, but of the regular forum dwellers (which is what I consider "the community") it doesn't seem to be a popular result at all.

That may well be, but the poll wasn't just for the forum-regulars, it was for.......well anyone with an email address, but presumably most voters would've been people who play the game, or are interested in playing it (the F1 reddit thing being a possible exception, but as I mentioned it's already been said this likely didn't affect the outcome).

I don't fully agree with your definition of community, but I appreciate you being respectful about it........it's kinda amusing to see all the comments that amount to "you're just some idiot sheep/you're not a true AC fan if you voted for the SF70H". Incidentally they're a pretty good way of ensuring the community really is limited to just the regulars!

Probably exactly what happened.

See above.

My experience too, between an FB SIM group I'm in, Marco's FB, AC FB, AC forum and GTP. For every hundred comments I have read, I have come across way below a handful of people who voted for it, or didn't vote it but are happy with it. Those numbers simply do not add up,

15% of voters voted for it yet they are almost completely absent from any discussion. It would be a shame for Kunos to put all that effort into a car if those 15% don't have the game, or play it anymore or don't really care to drive it. I'd be concerned if I was Kunos that this winner may not be the result of actual players.

The comments before and after results certainly show no one really wanted this car to win, so where have the voters been hiding? Why aren't we seeing a decent percentage of the 15% commenting on their victory? Instead we are seeing the same amount of comments regarding every other car that we saw before the result.

More people voted for the F1 than any other choice, not by a big margin, but still. Any other car in the poll would represent less people being happy, as less voted for them.
I did not vote for the F1, but I am still glad to be able (soon) to give it a spin around the tracks within what I believe to be the SIM the closest to driving a real car (yes I have RF2, not even close),
the F1 being voted to most wanted, judging by the comments of the 20 peoples responsible for 80% of the post here and there, to me is a clear sign that the only way for Devs to get the right feedback, is a poll.
Feedback in forum, here and there, as demonstrated by the huge majority of people here mentioning F1 is not their choice, is just noise from a loud small group but not representing the mostly silent majority.

It is a sizable number, but it's still only a fraction of the people who took part in the poll, and no way of checking if it's a represenative sample of the participants (let alone all AC players). To me, 500 people expressing disappointment towards a car they didn't vote for doesn't tell me a lot, when I already know that 25,000+ people hadn't voted for that car.........

Likewise, if 500 comments suddenly popped up saying they're so happy the SF70H won, since I already know that ~4,500 people voted for it I don't think that would tell me much either. I don't think you can really read further into it than that without being purely speculative.

Sorry, I thought you were referring to the vote results - my point being, the vote was so split that none of the cars could be touted as the one the community "wanted", because none of them got a majority. (Maybe you could argue that Kunos shouldn't have done a poll where the winner only needed a plurality, but that's the rules they went with.)

If you're going by comments, then again, a minority of comments doesn't necessarily speak for everyone. We also don't know what the reactions would've been if other cars in the poll had won instead (how many comments would have been produced by the new batch of people disappointed the SF70H didn't win?).

As an aside, the fact that all these cars were in the poll to begin with obviously means Kunos has some sort of permission to create them. So if they were able to reach agreement with Ferrari to do another pack, it's not like these cars will have been permanently consigned to the graveyard. (Kunos will have their own plans but a "community pack" which featured the cars that finished 2nd-8th would be a great idea.)

That may well be, but the poll wasn't just for the forum-regulars, it was for.......well anyone with an email address, but presumably most voters would've been people who play the game, or are interested in playing it (the F1 reddit thing being a possible exception, but as I mentioned it's already been said this likely didn't affect the outcome).

I don't fully agree with your definition of community, but I appreciate you being respectful about it........it's kinda amusing to see all the comments that amount to "you're just some idiot sheep/you're not a true AC fan if you voted for the SF70H". Incidentally they're a pretty good way of ensuring the community really is limited to just the regulars!

I'm not really sure what the point of all this is. I don't have access to the thoughts of every person who voted in the poll. All I was getting at was that of the people's thoughts I do have, i.e. forum and Facebook dwellers, it seems the overwhelming majority are rather disappointed that this is the car that won. If you can find some evidence to contradict this theory I'll gladly take a look at it. We can spend all day getting pedantic about what a community is or what a majority is, doesn't change the fact that I have yet to see more than a very small handful of people who are happy about the vote results (and I've probably read well over 1,000 comments by now). I also believe that had any of the other cars won most of the "community" would have been totally fine with whatever won (I would have liked for any of the other cars to win, the only one I actively did not want to win was the SF70H) so the whole theory about none of them being the one the community wanted because none of them got a majority has no bearing on the discussion.

Again, all I did was make an observation that of the people I have access to almost none of them are pleased with the outcome, I wasn't making a hard and fast statement that X number of people wanted this and Y number of people wanted that.

Interesting to see almost universal disappointment in the SF70H winning the vote, yet somehow it won by a rather large margin. I thought the point of the vote was to let the community decide what they wanted, but the community ended up with a car most of them don't want. Stupid internet. :banghead:

15% of the community voted for the SF70H, 85% didn't. I'm almost certain that those 85% would have chosen any other car on that list other than the F1.
That's why there is so much negativity, and that's understandable. The fact that the SF70H won the poll is fair game and also understandable.

SMS did something similar but instead with tracks for pCARS. They had a poll, and the winner of that outcome was the Nurburgring combined layout. The majority of the community was upset, but this was the outcome and SMS had to comply with the poll results no matter what... which is fine and understandable.

These two instances are related; the poll results for both resulted in something the community already had:
-For pCARS, we already had the Nordshleife, so was the Nurburgring combined made players (like myself) felt something new would have been much better, and would have added more to the game.
-For AC, we officially have 4 Ferrari F1 cars. Do we really need another one? Especially if the latest model is only 2 years old, is that enough to justify the SF70H? Many of the other cars in the poll would have added more the the game if they won the poll.

I just noticed a pattern, and felt the need to express my opinions and vouch for those who didn't want the F1 car.

Especially if the latest model is only 2 years old, is that enough to justify the SF70H?

Whilst the time difference is only 2 years old, there's been a fairly big change in the aero regs since then, so the car is quite a bit different - in a similar manner to the 2013/2015 cars being pretty different, even though they're also 2 years apart. Although whether that adds enough, or justifies the car is another matter (and largely down to personal preference imo).

Again, all I did was make an observation that of the people I have access to almost none of them are pleased with the outcome

Yeah I'm fine with that, I was just taking issue with extrapolating that observation to other people - and speaking more generally to the thread, was arguing that a minority of negative comments (sizable or not) doesn't contradict the poll result, or prove something was wrong with it, even if it "seems" to. Given the reactions (and, in my opinion, misconceptions) this whole thing has generated, I disagree it's pointless or pedenatic to discuss what it means (or to be clear what it is that's being discussed).

doesn't change the fact that I have yet to see more than a very small handful of people who are happy about the vote results

Don't deny that, I just suspect there's more than one reason why that might happen..........given some of the comments on the AC forums there's no way I'll be going over there to express my view any time soon, to put it one way. (Though obviously I couldn't tell you how many others are doing the same.)

EDIT: And after reading some of the other threads covering the topic in this section, I'm not that inclined to express my view here either...... disappointing to see some pretty disrespectful stuff on GTP.

Last edited:
I'm also seeing general dissatisfaction with the result across the board. Three or five positive comments for the SF70H are probably what I've read since it was announced. It's probably correct that any other car on list would have been received better by voters who didn't get their own choice into the DLC. Personally, I'd be slighty gutted to see the 488 GTE or any post-2000 F1 car take the win, but it really couldn't get much worse than the SF70H.

Now I'm just trying to accept the fact that the SF70H is what we're getting. I have caught myself enjoying the F1 cars in AC, but they add zero value for me in every other department. No competition and the aesthetics of formula cars simply never appealed to me. I watch the F1 world championship events whenever possible but modern F1 is not what I want from AC, especially not after feeling perfectly covered by the F138 and SF15-T. The 250 GTO, 330 P4 and 288 GTO already made the pack great for me, but the 512 M would have sealed it awesome. Now the SF70H has taken the pack closer to being mediocre.

As for Marco and Stefano saying never another poll... I guess that's understandable. This poll has been flawed in execution so maybe they just can't be bothered to try again. They are a limited number of game developers after all, not poll officials.

Here's what I think Kunos got wrong in the Ferrari poll:
  • Launching the poll early and incomplete. Then it relaunched with two new voting options (F1 2017 and 488 GTE). It created an "oh look" bias.
  • Naming the SF70H as 'F1 2017' in the poll. F1 2017 resonates with everyone in the ignorant public, in my opinion creating unnecesary bias in the poll.
  • Not asking for people's gamertags. This would provide less incentives for possible community outsiders, such as Reddit groups, to influence the result.
I'm just happy that Kunos has received a very tangible Ferrari wishlist, which must inspire them to some degree.

Now that it's over it really seems like it was 'Every car on the list versus the 2017 F1' - based on the reactions of the voting public. Did someone say that the F1 won the poll with 15% of the vote? If that is truly the number...wow. I have very similar feelings to many of you in this thread regarding the winning vehicle. I know this all seems like sour grapes, but I was saying from the very beginning, "Why is this a public vote?' Regardless of the outcome I believe the poll should have only allowed owners of the sim voting privileges.

If I'm not mistaken, the official forums will plainly show those who are registered owners and who are not. The PC based forums are open to only registered owners of the PC version of the sim, right? Are the console forums not protected as well? Why not put up a poll in each, both with the same candidates and then tally the results of both polls added together?

I know this all seems like sour grapes, but I was saying from the very beginning, "Why is this a public vote?' Regardless of the outcome I believe the poll should have only allowed owners of the sim voting privileges.

After the vote someone put up a straw poll in one of the threads on the AC forums........yes, here it is. Anyone can vote on it but since it's buried within the official forums I doubt anyone other than AC players has seen it. It's only got ~250 responses but nonetheless this is what the results show:

rCuLWgW.png

Amusingly, in proportion the SF70H has nearly double the support it had in the main poll..............

It's almost if a set of self-selecting voters - or, say, internet commenters - might not be the best indicator of what a community really thinks. :)

Now that it's over it really seems like it was 'Every car on the list versus the 2017 F1' - based on the reactions of the voting public. Did someone say that the F1 won the poll with 15% of the vote? If that is truly the number...wow. I have very similar feelings to many of you in this thread regarding the winning vehicle. I know this all seems like sour grapes, but I was saying from the very beginning, "Why is this a public vote?' Regardless of the outcome I believe the poll should have only allowed owners of the sim voting privileges.

If I'm not mistaken, the official forums will plainly show those who are registered owners and who are not. The PC based forums are open to only registered owners of the PC version of the sim, right? Are the console forums not protected as well? Why not put up a poll in each, both with the same candidates and then tally the results of both polls added together?
I think the official poll should have been on their forum and not their main site. That way if people were really interested then they wouldn't have had issue signing up. Also should have called it SF70H and not 2017 F1.

Having said that, the way Kunos did it was best for them in the long run as it gave them some publicity and no doubt will give them some more when the 2017 F1 is released.

Kunos ran a poll one time in the forum in a thread. It was something like, "Which feature would you like to see worked on next?" There was about 6 or 7 things we could choose from, if I'm remembering this correctly. Since it's one of those forum thread polls that any of us could create I believe you could ask to see the current results before passing your official vote. The winner of that poll was "VR support". That's what I had voted for even though it would be of no use to me. I thought it would be good for the sim to be able to advertise it's VR support. What's good for the sim is good for me in the long run, ya know?

Ahhh...I found it!

Code:
Brake temp simulation  
846 vote(s)    17.7%

VR support  
1,195 vote(s)    25.0%

Steer ratio/brake pressure setup adjustments  
236 vote(s)    4.9%

False starts/Engine stall  
932 vote(s)    19.5%

Custom championships  
368 vote(s)    7.7%

Possibility to change skin in "Pickup Mode"  
124 vote(s)    2.6%

Sparks/Flashing lights  
205 vote(s)    4.3%

Improved water/radiators interaction and simulation  
221 vote(s)    4.6%

Time based races  
217 vote(s)    4.5%

Pit stop strategy  
457 vote(s)    9.6%

That poll closed on April 2, 2016. It's interesting to look back and see what they've done and not done on that list.

So I don't see why this most recent poll couldn't have been done the same way. Oh well, it's done.

There's something else bothering me. Kunos has on a few ocassions talked about cars coming to AC. Usually it takes several months, if not a whole year, which is fair enough in its own right. For example, the Alfa Romeo Guilia QV or Maserati Quattroporte were first mentioned in 2016, but still not in the game.

Now they asked the fans to vote for a Ferrari no later than July 9th, so the winner can be included at some point during the fall. How is that even remotely possible when cars announced in 2016 are taking forever?

I understand that licensing hurdles can be a pain, and it's most likely something they cleared with Ferrari well before this poll went online. However, why mention something like the Maserati Quattroporte in the end of year blog if licensing possibly wasn't taken care of at the time? If the very complicated SF70H makes it into AC on time, then it's almost crazy how we still haven't seen some of the cars Kunos talked about last year.

There's something else bothering me. Kunos has on a few ocassions talked about cars coming to AC. Usually it takes several months, if not a whole year, which is fair enough in its own right. For example, the Alfa Romeo Guilia QV or Maserati Quattroporte were first mentioned in 2016, but still not in the game.

Now they asked the fans to vote for a Ferrari no later than July 9th, so the winner can be included at some point during the fall. How is that even remotely possible when cars announced in 2016 are taking forever?

I understand that licensing hurdles can be a pain, and it's most likely something they cleared with Ferrari well before this poll went online. However, why mention something like the Maserati Quattroporte in the end of year blog if licensing possibly wasn't taken care of at the time? If the very complicated SF70H makes it into AC on time, then it's almost crazy how we still haven't seen some of the cars Kunos talked about last year.
Who knows, maybe they have a set date with Maserati and Alfa for when the licence starts etc. We do know that the GTO was modeled a while ago. The 67 F1 too.

Who knows, maybe they have a set date with Maserati and Alfa for when the licence starts etc. We do know that the GTO was modeled a while ago. The 67 F1 too.

Maybe something like that. When was the Ferrari 312/67 first mentioned? I didn't know that Kunos was working on it until they revealed the contents of the Ferrari DLC.

Well, the Porsches caused a lot of delays with planned DLC, but it was a pretty big deal so they saw the delay as justifiable. And there might have been some incentives from Porsche to push the 3 DLC packs ahead of prior planned DLC. Probably a similar situation with the Ferrari pack, they've likely been in discussions with Ferrari for many months working out the logistics and deciding which cars would be made available. And since it's kind of a big deal with a lot of hoopla around it it's probably getting pushed ahead of single car offerings like the Alfa that aren't part of a heavily publicized pack. So it's not that it takes that long for them to make a car, it's just that other things are sometimes prioritized ahead of it. When the RSR was delayed they whipped up that street Porsche in a matter of weeks so we know they're capable, but when the likes of Porsche and Ferrari want you to make their cars a priority it's probably wise to do what you can to comply.

I haven't forgotten about that Alfa either. Been waiting to see the Quad in some game. But it seems it still hasn't made it into one yet.

Well, the Porsches caused a lot of delays with planned DLC, but it was a pretty big deal so they saw the delay as justifiable. And there might have been some incentives from Porsche to push the 3 DLC packs ahead of prior planned DLC.
Probably a similar situation with the Ferrari pack, they've likely been in discussions with Ferrari for many months working out the logistics and deciding which cars would be made available. And since it's kind of a big deal with a lot of hoopla around it it's probably getting pushed ahead of single car offerings like the Alfa that aren't part of a heavily publicized pack. So it's not that it takes that long for them to make a car, it's just that other things are sometimes prioritized ahead of it.

Fair point. It's worth keeping in mind that they have released the greater majority of cars that were originally planned for, or announced during the fall/winter of 2016. So it is rather surprising how the BMW M6 GT3 wasn't in the RTR DLC and the Guilia and Quattroporte appear to be some of the last few remnants from those days. Maybe they they just couldn't squeeze all planned content into the offerings made available during the first half of 2017, and it's not unlikely that Ferrari now has become the high priority that Porsche became last year.

When the RSR was delayed they whipped up that street Porsche in a matter of weeks so we know they're capable, but when the likes of Porsche and Ferrari want you to make their cars a priority it's probably wise to do what you can to comply.

The last minute inclusion of the 991.2 Turbo S may very well have been made possible by the fact that Kunos had already developed the 991.2 Carrera S. It must have provided some sort of foundation speeding up development of the turbo version. Then again, development of the SF70H may also benefit from the knowhow and foundations acquired from implementing the unprecedented variety of hybrid functions on the SF15-T. Compared to any other option in the poll, the SF70H may still be one of the most tricky cars to finish in time for the fall deadline. For this reason I also wonder how Kunos feel about this result. On the one hand, I'm sure they are pleased about the SF70H as a marketing scoop. On the other hand, the 512M would have brought something rare and unique to AC. Both outcomes are a double-edged sword, but ultimately it's a bit tragic how the result ended up alienating the majority of fans. Good business is about giving customers what they want, so they'd be fools not to capitalize on this poll once the dust has settled around the anniversary DLC.

I know how you feel @Nielsen. Have you ever watched the video Kunos released over 2 years ago announcing they just signed Lamborghini licensing agreements.

To save you 2 minutes watching the video, they announce the cars that they'll be bring to AC now that they had the Lambo deal. They list 8 cars: Aventador, Huracan GT3, Asterion, Miura SV, Gallardo GT3, Huracan Super Trofeo, Veneno, Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera. Four of those cars never made it to AC, although I'm being pedantic with the Aventador as we got the Aventador SV. Besides the Gallardo GT3 I'm glad we didn't get an Asterion and especially the Veneno, yuck.

I know how you feel though, @Nielsen. I've had the same thoughts many times especially regarding the freebies we have coming. For instance, August 24, 2015 was the last day that a very special mod Group C car was set to receive any further updates from the modders working on the project. An agreement was reached with Kunos where the car would become official content! I started playing AC in Oct 2015, so I was already hearing about how this car will now be an official car - but I did download the mod version to use while I waited for Kunos to give me the new "official" version. Which car am I talking about? The Mazda 787b! :D Kunos did make some small changes to the 3d mesh, physics & sound which was to be expected. When did they finally give it to us? March 22, 2017. :lol: I know it sucks that they get you all hot and bothered about a car and then you wait...wait...and wait. I think overall they do a pretty good job of putting new vehicles out there in good intervals. Sometimes I wish they did not even tell us models of upcoming cars. Maybe a month before a DLC pack is going to be available, but I can't stand all the guessing that goes on at the official forums. It drives me nuts.

I know how you feel @Nielsen. Have you ever watched the video Kunos released over 2 years ago announcing they just signed Lamborghini licensing agreements.

To save you 2 minutes watching the video, they announce the cars that they'll be bring to AC now that they had the Lambo deal. They list 8 cars: Aventador, Huracan GT3, Asterion, Miura SV, Gallardo GT3, Huracan Super Trofeo, Veneno, Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera. Four of those cars never made it to AC, although I'm being pedantic with the Aventador as we got the Aventador SV. Besides the Gallardo GT3 I'm glad we didn't get an Asterion and especially the Veneno, yuck.

I know how you feel though, @Nielsen. I've had the same thoughts many times especially regarding the freebies we have coming. For instance, August 24, 2015 was the last day that a very special mod Group C car was set to receive any further updates from the modders working on the project. An agreement was reached with Kunos where the car would become official content! I started playing AC in Oct 2015, so I was already hearing about how this car will now be an official car - but I did download the mod version to use while I waited for Kunos to give me the new "official" version. Which car am I talking about? The Mazda 787b! :D Kunos did make some small changes to the 3d mesh, physics & sound which was to be expected. When did they finally give it to us? March 22, 2017. :lol: I know it sucks that they get you all hot and bothered about a car and then you wait...wait...and wait. I think overall they do a pretty good job of putting new vehicles out there in good intervals. Sometimes I wish they did not even tell us models of upcoming cars. Maybe a month before a DLC pack is going to be available, but I can't stand all the guessing that goes on at the official forums. It drives me nuts.

I do remember that Lamborghini trailer, but I had forgotten how it actually announced the three models now unaccounted for. Never say never, but I will be surprised if those are coming after all this time.

Maybe something like that. When was the Ferrari 312/67 first mentioned? I didn't know that Kunos was working on it until they revealed the contents of the Ferrari DLC.
Marco Massarutto posted teasers of the GTO a long while ago. He then posted a photo of him at the Ferrari HQ with the 312 under cover, but about a month ago he posted a photo of his G27 and on his TV you could see the cockpit of the 312.

The Asterion was canceled by Lamborghini, hence why it likely hasn't come and won't be coming in the game. The Gallardo GT3 was swapped out for the Huracan GT3 (possibly at Lamborghini's request). The Veneno I have no idea about for its non appearance so far but I'd swap that for the Sesto in a heart beat. So really we are only missing one Lamborghini, or 2 if the Asterion should be replaced. I would be interested to get an official answer.

I do remember that Lamborghini trailer, but I had forgotten how it actually announced the three models now unaccounted for. Never say never, but I will be surprised if those are coming after all this time.

Marco Massarutto posted teasers of the GTO a long while ago. He then posted a photo of him at the Ferrari HQ with the 312 under cover, but about a month ago he posted a photo of his G27 and on his TV you could see the cockpit of the 312.

Yes, Kunos has talked about the 250 GTO for almost a year now, but I didn't see those 312 teasers myself. Maybe the "news" didn't break to GTP, which is where I read most things related to AC. The main section of official forum is locked for console players, Marco's social media teasers don't seem to go entirely public, and Stefano hasn't done his developer streams in ages.

Yes, Kunos has talked about the 250 GTO for almost a year now, but I didn't see those 312 teasers myself. Maybe the "news" didn't break to GTP, which is where I read most things related to AC. The main section of official forum is locked for console players, Marco's social media teasers don't seem to go entirely public, and Stefano hasn't done his developer streams in ages.
It was a very subtle teaser, hence why it probably wasn't picked up.

Screenshot_20170720-003420.png

Latest Posts

Back