2017 Ferrari SF70H Coming to Assetto Corsa

I was hoping the poll results would've went in another direction. I was actually hoping for another road car. But hey, congrats to those who wanted the SF70H in the game.

Disappointed too. Wanted the 512M to race against the 917K, or at least another of the more classic cars.
F1 ruins something again, meh.

I'm seriously disappointed by this result. Only positive for me is the big regulatory changes introduced for the 2017 season, which will be interesting to experience in AC. That said, far from as interesting as nearly everything else in the poll's top 10.

but the F1 cars are horrible to drive on console...

Please elaborate with a readable font size. I have had great fun driving the Ferrari F138 on PS4.

Last edited:
While I'm sure this F1 will be an entertaining drive, I - like others - am dissapointed with this result. The F50, 430 Scuderia, Testarossa 1984, 550 Maranello, and 360 Modena are choices I would've driven more often.

I especially would've enjoyed the 360 Modena. I don't recall ever driving that in any game besides 2002 Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2.

This is the discussion thread for a recent post on GTPlanet:
This article was published by Michael Leary (@Terronium-12) on July 10th, 2017 in the Assetto Corsa category.

I don't own this game. I do however own a PS4 and drive as much as possible; always have. Riddle me this though, why are people complaining about the addition of an F1 car? I've never seen such blasphemy. You should appreciate all the cars imho. In closing, I don't find driving F1 cars "horrible to drive on console." I have however found many horrible drivers, driving F1 cars as well as others on console.

Riddle me this though, why are people complaining about the addition of an F1 car
Well, probably quite a few reasons.

One major reason likely is that Ferrari already has quite a few Formula One models in the game. This pack alone already features the F2004 and 312/67.

Another reason is likely that this game doesn't have many pre-2010 road models, even with all the DLC packs. And the choices presented offered a chance to help add more to that missing section.

Personally I'm disappointed with this result as I won't use it past giving it a quick test run. I'm happy for those who wanted it though.

15% of votes mean that 75% of people didn't want another F1 car though...
Actually, is 85% that didn't want an F1 car, me included.
I wanted the 575 GTC or the 458 Challenge

I could be wrong, but people who chose this F1 thing either:
  • don't have the game;
  • don't know Ferrari's history and haven't bothered looking at the list; or
  • are Ferrari F1 fanboys who want these cars in every game.
This was the worst choice ever! Now we're going to have 4 Ferraris that nobody can drive with a DS4. And the same car will appear in F1 2017! With competition!!!
I'm sad, bye.

Or, maybe, they actually like F1 and want to drive a 2017 F1 car on a game that doesn't have Codemasters' dumb Mario Kart physics.

What are they going to do with it though? The AI doesn't use all the rocket-ship hybrid controls so there's not much point in racing it offline, nevermind that it doesn't have any other cars to compete against. The SF15 is very rarely used online as far as I know so I would expect this one not to be used much either, and I'm sure not many people have mastered how to use all the hybrid settings so even if it was used online the racing probably wouldn't be very competitive or entertaining. So that leaves you with hot-lapping and we already have other F1 cars we can do that with. However if the 512 had made it then it would have been great to race offline, online, and it had a friend car in the game to play with, so it would have been far more useful than yet another F1 car (IMO) that most people will drive once or twice and then park in their garage. And this is coming from someone who considers F1 his religion and has watched every race and qualifying session for at least the last 15 years and attended five F1 races in person.

After Brexit, Trump, Boaty McBoatface, and now this, I think it's safe to say the public can no longer be trusted with important votes. :dunce:

I agree this was the worst possible outcome but it's nonsense to say the F1 cars can't be driven with a DS4.
If you turn the assists on, then yes, it can be driven. But I like to use factory settings on all cars, and it's just impossible to be fast without a wheel.

If you turn the assists on, then yes, it can be driven. But I like to use factory settings on all cars, and it's just impossible to be fast without a wheel.

Try these advanced controller settings then. Set steering speed to 14% but leave every other steering setting at 0%. Steering gamma should be 3.0. That's what I do and all cars can be driven fast using factory assists. Just be gentle with your inputs. I hope it helps. :)

Try these advanced controller settings then. Set steering speed to 14% but leave every other steering setting at 0%. Steering gamma should be 3.0. That's what I do and all cars can be driven fast using factory assists. Just be gentle with your inputs. I hope it helps. :)
Hey, I'm gonna try that later! Thanks! :cheers:

Worst decision possible, it was so bad a choice I didn't even consider it coming to pass. Then again, I can think of worse recent examples outside of videogames....

This is extremely dissapointing.... We already have two ferrari f1 cars!! Do we need a third?! Should have been the 512M. 917 is all alone still....

Edit:Nvm there's gonna be 5! Good lord... I can make a pass for the f2004 and the 312 though. They seem like good additions.

Last edited:
Back