2017 Formula 1 Heineken Chinese Grand PrixFormula 1 

He won't be able to do the Young Driver test if he races a third race
Is the young driver test still a thing?

@prisonermonkeys, please do this in a Private Message, we don't need this thread to become a Palmer hatefest again.
I'm not stupid. I know sarcasm when I see it, even if I choose to ignore. I've half a mind to go off the deep end just to annoy you, but it's late and I'm not that petty.

I'm not stupid. I know sarcasm when I see it, even if I choose to ignore. I've half a mind to go off the deep end just to annoy you, but it's late and I'm not that petty.

I was actually being genuine. I can't remember why you don't like him.
You don't like a lot of the drivers on the grid and I can't remember why you don't like Palmer.

You don't like a lot of the drivers on the grid and I can't remember why you don't like Palmer.

I can tell you why I don't like him... he's always come across (imo) as a prissy-prig posh-boy wally, just like his father. I'm prepared to be converted to a state of grudging admiration by his excellent driving but (imo again) I haven't seen it yet :D

EDIT: And his ridiculous portmanteau name doesn't help...

I can tell you why I don't like him... he's always come across (imo) as a prissy-prig posh-boy wally, just like his father. I'm prepared to be converted to a state of grudging admiration by his excellent driving but (imo again) I haven't seen it yet :D

To be honest, I feel he isn't even half that attitude anymore, he's been humbled somewhat and shown that F1 isn't all unicorn's farting rainbows with ease. Especially when his career in its first season was already on the line.

I don't care for the guy my self but then again I don't do PM hate on him and mostly just ignore that he's on the grid, much like I did when Chilton was supposedly there riding around in last place without causing much drama. It's one of those things that if you didn't point the driver out to me, I wouldn't know any better.

To be honest, I haven't seen any interviews with him before he got to F1 but whilst he's been in a Renault seat I haven't found him to be too much like that. Yes he's not that great of a driver but I feel that sometimes people on here are quick to jump on drivers (not just him) that make the smallest of mistakes. Even world champions make them, look at Vettel and Alonso. Vettel's 2016 season and Alonso going back to McLaren.

It's okay. Maybe things will be different when his brother Will Palmer gets a seat.

If talented were to be the alternate phrasing of loaded with money.
Talent is always preferable to money. However, sometimes talent and money go hand in hand. That, I have no issue with. It's when you have a disproportionate amount of money relative to your talent, and when your seat comes at the expense of someone with talent, that I have a problem.

Talent is always preferable to money. However, sometimes talent and money go hand in hand. That, I have no issue with. It's when you have a disproportionate amount of money relative to your talent, and when your seat comes at the expense of someone with talent, that I have a problem.
F1 currently sets the standard desired grid at 24. Yet only 20 cars show up . Expenses are high, spectators and sponsors are wary, and times are bad. Marginal teams with one foot on a financial banana peel may live for another season when a driver brings a bag of gold.

It's a safety thing. A few years ago, Putin's plane was flying over Sochi, so the airspace was closed down. The helicopter wasn't allowed to take off, and so a session was suspended.

IMG_1462.jpg

Ya know...I had hopes for Haas having two cars in the points this season.

So far, Magnussen has done nothing but unimpress me. C'mon, KMag, get it together!

This is becoming stupid.

We have shots from a helicopter with words on screen saying a helicopter can't operate.

Last edited:
See Mclaren are running their own version of the "T-wing" this weekend:

Mclaren MCL32 T-wing 2.jpg
Mclaren MCL32 T-wing.jpg

Certainly something different to Ferrari/Williams/Merc's interpretations.

This is becoming stupid.

We have shots from a helicopter with words on screen saying a helicopter can't operate.

There's a little more to it than that, right? The medicopter can't make a safe flight from the circuit to the designated emergency trauma unit. Not quite the same thing ;)

Disappointing in all, what's the smog-cast for the race as it stands?

The interview with Charlie Whiting was all about that, him saying that the fog was OK for Helicopters at the track, but not at the hospital 38km away. The police are unable to guarantee a clear run for an ambulance to drive on the roads to the hospital, so it's all about waiting for a helicopter.

The interview with Charlie Whiting was all about that, him saying that the fog was OK for Helicopters at the track, but not at the hospital 38km away. The police are unable to guarantee a clear run for an ambulance to drive on the roads to the hospital, so it's all about waiting for a helicopter.

This is not the that unusual. This happened a year or two ago, if I recall.

Latest Posts

Back