2017 Formula 1 Rolex Australian Grand PrixFormula 1 

Am I the only one who doesn't like the new mini sector/split HUD they have? it's a bit spoiler-y and takes away from the excitement of knowing the split times.
I quite like how it tells the story of the lap, but its too hard to tell the difference between the purple and Grey dots. They need to switch one of those out for a different colour

Pascal Wehrlein is apparently going to sit the rest of the weekend out, despite having been given a clean bill of health after his ROC accident.

Wehrlein says that because of his ROC accident, his training preparations were interrupted and so he didn't think that he could cope with the increased physical demands of 2017 cars over a race distance.

I too am annoyed with the NBC commercial crap. It is funny because a lot of NBC guys come into my bar. I have told them time and time again about their coverage, in a much better attitude versus attacking them on it.

The worst was the 2014 Monaco Grand Prix, I missed the live race so I watched the replay later on during their rebroadcast of it. The little bottom ticker was going and then I felt like I got Whammed bad. It showed the results literally 3 laps in. Needless to say the 2 guys from NBC that came into the bar I stressed the fact of how they need to work on their QA guys a bit. They explained multiple hiring and firing of people doing that work for them. Now if I can only grab their ad guys and give them a few words... probably will not change anything.

I would rather see actual commercials instead of the splash screen I currently see as Sling uses the NBCSN+ stream. At least than I would get side-by-side.

Why is Adam Gilchrist the anchor for Channel 10's coverage? He's got even less to do with the sport than Eddie McGuire - and the only thing that Eddie has in common with the sport is that he's the number one member for Collingwood while Daniel Ricciardo is the number one member for the Eagles.

Why is Adam Gilchrist the anchor for Channel 10's coverage? He's got even less to do with the sport than Eddie McGuire - and the only thing that Eddie has in common with the sport is that he's the number one member for Collingwood while Daniel Ricciardo is the number one member for the Eagles.

Channel 10 have always been terrible with their on air presenters. Do we have Dr Chris Brown and what not this year?

Channel 10 have always been terrible with their on air presenters. Do we have Dr Chris Brown and what not this year?
I have no idea. I'm only watching it because they're broadcasting the support categories like Carrera Cup and the Australian GT. I'm going to switch over FOX Sports 5 for FP3. But I do find the mispronounciations of driver names funny - "Bottas" was just called "Bott-arse".

Does ten do what channel 9 did with switching to British commentary for the race?
I would imagine so, but I watch the races on FOX, and they just broadcast everything Sky does.

Channel 10 still do what 9 did, though - they treat it as a social function first, and if a Grand Prix is going on in the background, then it might be worth having a look at every now and again. It's more about being seen at the event than actually seeing it.

Giovinazzi is taking his place instead
Wehrlein has been taking some criticism for his decision to withdraw; Martin Brundle says he doesn't understand Wehrlein's thinking and that the best way to prepare for China would be to race in Melbourne.

I remember reading a rather curious story - really more of a rumour - that I have been trying to dig up, but apparently Force India had a choice between Wehrlein and Ocon to replace Hülkenberg. Officially, they chose Ocon because they knew him and because he was the quicker of the two. But this rumour suggests that Force India weren't too impressed by Wehrlein's work ethic, either. It certainly couldn't predict something like this - it surfaced immediately after Ocon joined Force India and before Wehrlein's accident - but his willingness to get out of the car sounds like exactly the sort of thing that the rumour was talking about.

Why not? He's a waste of a seat.

I'm going out on a limb here and say Haas is going to put at least one car in the top 6. Neither of the drivers completed an UltraSoft run at the end of Practice 3, and I'm not sure they've run the Ferrari engine in Quali mode yet. Fingers crossed....

I'm predicting a year where I stay up waaaaay too late 3 nights every few weeks. Work will suffer. Oh well. At least I can stream the UK broadcast instead of suffering with NBC. No cable!

Why not? He's a waste of a seat.

Yeah I already said that but I would also say that many drivers were far more of a wasted seat. I think why you hate the guy is because he's british and gets treated like some great driver, was arrogant before joining, all while being a bad driver. My point is why put in Scotty, he's more needed at a good Supercars team, rather than a flaky factory F1 team.

I think why you hate the guy is because he's british and gets treated like some great driver, was arrogant before joining, all while being a bad driver.
His Britishness has nothing to do with it. After all, I was - and still am - a massive Jenson Button fan. But yes, he is arrogant, and yes, he was a poor driver. He doesn't bring anything to the sport, and no-one will miss him when he goes.

My point is why put in Scotty, he's more needed at a good Supercars team, rather than a flaky factory F1 team.
Oh, just do it for this race. Palmer can get back in the car for China. Unless that spectator who tried to run across the circuit last year comes back.

His Britishness has nothing to do with it. After all, I was - and still am - a massive Jenson Button fan. But yes, he is arrogant, and yes, he was a poor driver. He doesn't bring anything to the sport, and no-one will miss him when he goes.

Oh, just do it for this race. Palmer can get back in the car for China. Unless that spectator who tried to run across the circuit last year comes back.

As long as DJRTP doesn't suffer

Also no one disagrees he wont be missed, and doesn't bring anything to the sport. But then again that is F1 and has been for some time through the decades of drivers like him. Him being gone will mean just another one fills the void.

Back