2017 Formula 1 Rolex British Grand PrixFormula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 338 comments
One of the reason he quit McLaren was because they were forcing him onto PR stuffs. I'm not surprised he's not showing up in a event when he dont have much rest between both GP. I dont think it has anything to do with his championship bid. And it's far from over. He had some terrible luck compare to Vettel and is still well placed.

I understand the fans frustrations but I can understand him wanting to get some free times between Austria and Silverstone.
[/spoiler]

he really quit at the right time 2012 was the last good year for Mclaren before they went down the drain

I actually saw a plausible conspiracy theory on the Mercedes gearboxes situation. It goes like this: since the issue is the same on both cars, it might have been spotted at the same time i.e. after the Baku GP. Mercedes decided to replace only one gearbox per weekend in order to not give Ferrari/Vettel the easy win. In Austria Bottas was advised to not push too much, which is why the Red Bull of Ricciardo was able to get so close.

As far as F1 cospiracy theories go, this one is fairly sensible.

Lewis is showing signs of stress, so Mercedes is in protective, coddling mode with him?

Elsewhere, Vettel reports dizziness due to distortion in the shield. Time to think of and test something else before 2018?

A sensible tactical decision does not count as a conspiracy
Ironically, it's usually a conspiracy against Hamilton - that Mercedes wanted a German driver to be World Champion, so they deliberately sabotaged Hamilton's car to benefit Rosberg or what have you. I can't remember the last time someone suggested that it was a conspiracy go benefit Hamilton.

Brinksmanship begins in earnest in FP3 as Vettel finally sets a comparable lap to the Mercs with a 28 flat to go 0.032s behind Hamilton on the Super softs.

Could be a rainy Qualifying though.

Some spots of rain, getting heavier.

Channel 4 doing a walk through with Jenson in the McLaren garage, camera man told to not show too much of the exposed engine of the car.

:lol: No one is trying to copy that heap of junk!

Snapchat-13110358.jpg

Even after topping the timesheets in Q1, Alonso is still starting the Grand Prix in back in Whitehall. :P

Ricc about Alonso "Oh he's got a 30 grip penalty? So... he's starting on turn 15. :D "

What's the forecast for tomorrow ?
That engine they got in a kinder egg may be a good thing . If it doesn't blow up.

What's the forecast for tomorrow ?
That engine they got in a kinder egg may be a good thing . If it doesn't blow up.

Forecast seems OK at the moment for the race.

Kubica needs to be in Palmers seat, like yesterday.

VanDoorne playing a blinder for P10 in Q2 and Palmer redeems himself slightly in P11 whilst Hulkenbergs' in Q3.

Back