Formula Drift Championship | General Discussion

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 145 comments
Oh of course there's going to be teething issues with a new engine, that's a given. But forced induction engines will always be a bit more fragile especially since those guys are beating on them. Look at how many engines Aasbo, De Nofa and Tuerck blew up last year just to name those 3.

Oh of course there's going to be teething issues with a new engine, that's a given. But forced induction engines will always be a bit more fragile especially since those guys are beating on them. Look at how many engines Aasbo, De Nofa and Tuerck blew up last year just to name those 3.
Similar issue with the backup engine, so he's going to run last year's car just for Long Beach.

The Network A stream on YouTube has been faultless since the start. Problem seems to be with the FD and Network A websites for some reason.

I've always had stuttering and buffering issues on FD's site.

It should get very interesting tomorrow.

I must say I don't really know who Wiecek is and how good he is, but Deane was demolishing everyone in Ireland and Europe over the past few years, so I'm hoping he'll do the same here and shake things up a bit.

It'd be quite good to see young Jack Shanahan make his way to America in the coming years.

Top 32... er, 27 for tomorrow:
17622029_10154574825496491_7417287628510349463_o.jpg

Last edited:
My brother and I are gonna be heading to the event tomorrow, I'll see if I can cop some good photos while I'm there, otherwise my color commentary should be enough right :sly:

Don't like the look of Aasbo's new car. Maybe it'll grow on me, but I like the old TC way more than this bubble.

And did I see security guards wearing dust masks :lol:???

The way these cars burn through tires means there's a metric crap ton of rubber dust both in the air and on the track. Seriously, the 1000hp+ guys get to the cords of brand new, still stickered tires in one tandem battle. Most of the tracks they use have the grandstands far enough from the crowd it doesn't end up being a problem, but at St-Eustache you're merely 10 feet from the track on the front stretch. Last year I was literally covered in tire particles, probably inhaled half a set of Falkens during the day... :D

Aside from that the judging's been pretty good, so far at least. Lots of new faces in the final 4, that's refreshing.

Great driving from Heilbrunn today, that kid is no joke. I think we've got a great season ahead of us.

James Deane has given me reason to watch FD again. That was unreal!!

Seeing him drive like that makes me really wish Saito and Yokoi were still in the US.

I missed quali, what happened to Denofa? I'm expecting things from him this year.

Well there's supposed to be a live stream right now for the Motegi Super Drift Challenge that was scheduled to start 10 minutes ago. :rolleyes:

Back