Formula Drift Championship | General Discussion

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 145 comments
1160.gif

I think I might watch FD for a long time if this thing truly gets off the ground...and feeds to what I mentioned earlier about FD needing actual interesting cars, not just typical JDM and nu-American fair with honkin' V8's.

Has Sceriffo managed to figure out what happens when his engine or parts inevitably **** out? Surely he's not using the stock 599 engine?

Twin supercharged 599 V12 is what I'm seeing. I believe this is actually Saito's old project car that never got anywhere
Lawntang-Ferrari599-Build-620x620.jpg

Orlando still sucks as far as tracks go... But man, Castro's chase runs on Deane were on another level altogether.

Well my bracket wasn't so great this time around. :lol: And yeah, that Castro chase run was incredible. Here it is for those that want to watch it again, though FD may have it taken down shortly.

FDbracket_orlando.png

Yes I'm sharing another video of this thing, and yes I don't care because it's just that awesome. Can't wait to see this thing in competition.

So I completely missed this weekend's round because I was at a wedding, but I seem to notice Mr.Deane was once again out and about and ready to kick ass and chew bubblegum and apparently ran out of bubblegum.

So I completely missed this weekend's round because I was at a wedding, but I seem to notice Mr.Deane was once again out and about and ready to kick ass and chew bubblegum and apparently ran out of bubblegum.

There was a round? :lol:

I missed it too since I was on vacation, but I was able to keep up with the fact that most of the top runners were taken out by the little guys. Kearney in the finals? Who knew. I'm going to watch it all tomorrow.

Just got caught up on this weekend's event since I was away from a computer while it was happening. I have to say, this is quite possibly the best chase run I have ever seen.

So, if someone uses a Tesla in this series, will they be doing "the electric slide"?

I think it would be cool to see what electric cars can do I'm this category. Also, is there a diesel category?

For anyone watching, are they showing the FD Canada guys on the livestream as well, since it's basically a double header this weekend?

Some thoughts from today:

-FD cars are terrible in the rain, yet at the same time so graceful. It's like a slow-mo replay.

-The entry list is pretty weak, I think there's only 24 or 25 cars there this weekend, and I'm not sure Nishida will even be in the show, he was having trouble all day. Top 32 will be a big waste of time tomorrow I bet.

-Justin Pawlak's car is the loudest thing I've heard this side of an alcohol dragster, and Forsberg's car sounds like an old Group B rally car that took steroids, it's absolutely mental.

Going back tomorrow, hopefully the weather will hold.

That's already the case outside the UK, lots of those series are pretty much "spec LS" drift.

It's done. After years of speculation, and false starts, Irwindale is done.

Update, Aug. 11 at 8:48 a.m. ET: Irwindale’s Vice President of Communications, Doug Stokes, responded to Jalopnik with some comments about what a great run it had. He also included the lovely photo you see underneath his comments with the email. What a cool dude.

"Yeah, the other shoe, after 5 years, has dropped, and we’ve been given a firm (01.31.18) vacate date.

I’ve been told that the Outlet Mall plan has been scotched; but really don’t know what the “official” plans are for the property … an easy (and in my case uneducated) guess is something of an industrial nature.

We had a hell of a good run here, the fans loved the place, a number of drivers got famous here, and Jason Torchinsky had naughty words on his race car that scared me for life …

In all seriousness (which I can only maintain on a momentary basis) the team here did their best to put on a great show every time that we opened the front gates. Working under one of Damocles’ sabers was never a easy nor healthful deal anywhere anytime … having to constantly indicate that we were still here and operating was tiring. Expecting this news was always out there in the fog just beyond the property line."

So now it becomes...where does FD put it's season finale from 2018, onward?

Vegas?

I always found it a bit annoying they had two rounds in California, anyway.

Back