2017 General WEC/ELMS/AsLMS Discussion ThreadSports Cars 

• Thread starter IforceV8
  • 2,611 comments
I don't think 3 cylinders would be a good choice considering it's too small for any turbo to make up the size deficit. Even a four cylinder maybe too small. At least for a GTE car.

I don't think 3 cylinders would be a good choice considering it's too small for any turbo to make up the size deficit. Even a four cylinder maybe too small. At least for a GTE car.
You'd have to bore the heck out of it and have un-Godly sized turbos. Definitely need a V8. Shame they never did that i8M or modern M1 thing (and it was more of a fan thing).

You'd have to bore the heck out of it and have un-Godly sized turbos. Definitely need a V8. Shame they never did that i8M or modern M1 thing (and it was more of a fan thing).

Maybe perhaps a v6 turbo but even then it only worked for the Ford GT because its aero is far more friendlier in cutting drag.

GMT Schedule for 6h of Mexico.

IMG_20160818_153521.jpg

Dome has abandoned LMP3, so its back down to 5 (or 4.5 if you consider Ginetta's current level of involvement). Cards were stacked against them from the onset. Its hard to make, sell and support a car when your biggest market is on the other side of the world and theres no gurantee it will catch on in your home turf. Hard to justify the investment.

I can't seem to tell if this year's Audi is just a really bad car or they have the worst luck...

Just found out that Audi made the right strategy decision too... Yeah it's probably that they have terrible luck...

Audi botched it. They had the pace to win, but they have been having mistake after mistake... Really disappointed.

Audi botched it. They had the pace to win, but they have been having mistake after mistake... Really disappointed.
The 8's brakes failed, not really Oli's fault. The 7 made a great comeback from over a lap down, unfortunately that's been overshadowed by the lockup...

Sorry for double post.

Audi has had an atrocious season
G-Drive has had DREADFUL luck

I'm just gonna stop supporting racing teams now... Every team I support has the worst luck in the world. The only team/drivers that I'm supporting this year that are actually doing well are Corvette Racing...

Welp now they're probably gonna lose the championship with 2 races to go...

Back