2017 General WEC/ELMS/AsLMS Discussion ThreadSports Cars 

• Thread starter IforceV8
  • 2,611 comments
You've overlooked the other car in the AM class already invited.
What are you talking about? There isn...wait a second...
entry-list-24-heures-du-mans-2016.jpg

OH MY GOD ANOTHER ASTON MARTIN! :drool: AND A C6.R! :drool:

If you want to win Le Mans, when in doubt, bring 4 cars. :lol:

Just don't tell Peugeot that, since they did it before and such didn't work out well for them... Strength in numbers is a plausible strategy, but only if your cars can go the mile. It won't be much use for Ford if their cars fall apart during the first 12 hours of the race... :lol:

What about team aai and smp entries for winning in a gt3 car in alms and elms gtc?
The ACO gave out Auto invites to the GTC champions in AsLMS/ELMS to try and boost numbers in said championships (which didn't really work), sadly for Ben Keating and Viper fans there's no auto invite for finishing 6th in GT Daytona. While I'd love to see the Viper at Le Mans one last time, their decision to run IMSA instead of WEC probably didn't endear them to the ACO.

Also not sure what you're on about with SMP, they ran full time in GTE-Am in the WEC last year (Hell, they even won the title). All WEC runners get a place at Le Mans.

The ACO gave out Auto invites to the GTC champions in AsLMS/ELMS to try and boost numbers in said championships (which didn't really work), sadly for Ben Keating and Viper fans there's no auto invite for finishing 6th in GT Daytona. While I'd love to see the Viper at Le Mans one last time, their decision to run IMSA instead of WEC probably didn't endear them to the ACO.

Also not sure what you're on about with SMP, they ran full time in GTE-Am in the WEC last year (Hell, they even won the title). All WEC runners get a place at Le Mans.
smp got the entry due to winning gtc which is a gt3 class meaning you dont need to win an aco class to get an invite.

Great, now europe gets to experience the wrecking ball Grand Am used to have.

If you want to win Le Mans, when in doubt, bring 4 cars. :lol:

Because why the hell not?

That class includes P2 tho. I will say the invite made no sense though.

How? They won Petit Le Mans, a long time ACO auto-invite event. Makes sense to me regardless of the car used.

smp got the entry due to winning gtc which is a gt3 class meaning you dont need to win an aco class to get an invite.
Did you even read my post? SMP Racing ran WEC last season, and all WEC runners get an auto invite to LeMans. I also told you why teams get invites for winning in the GT3 classes. Both ELMS and AsLMS had awful car counts, so the ACO added a GT3 class, with the winner getting a Le Mans spot. It was intended to boost car counts and get teams into the series.

That TS050 looks great in the new colors. Just hope it's as fast if not faster than the Porsche and Audi.
Toyota has yet to unveil the TS050-HYBRID. It will do so at the WEC Prologue on 24 March. The car you saw is the 2015 TS040-HYBRID showcasing the new corporate livery for Toyota Gazoo Racing.

I do like the livery but seeing it for the first time took me by surprise as I am so used to the blue, white and red palette.

Last edited:
Did you even read my post? SMP Racing ran WEC last season, and all WEC runners get an auto invite to LeMans. I also told you why teams get invites for winning in the GT3 classes. Both ELMS and AsLMS had awful car counts, so the ACO added a GT3 class, with the winner getting a Le Mans spot. It was intended to boost car counts and get teams into the series.
you dont say... but i take it you look at the invite list and seen smp got the entry for winning gtc ;)

so posts saying ben shouldnt get an entry because he only races gt3/gtd is null and void considering others have got entries for not running aco spec cars

you dont say... but i take it you look at the invite list and seen smp got the entry for winning gtc ;)

so posts saying ben shouldnt get an entry because he only races gt3/gtd is null and void considering others have got entries for not running aco spec cars
Those "others" who got an entry won the class in an ACO series, for which the prize was a Le Mans invite.
Ben Keating finished 6th in a non-ACO series. GTD Champions Scuderia Corsa did get an invite, so had Ben won, he probably would have gotten that spot.

That Le Mans entry list is insane!:eek:

The WEC list is a tad underwhelming in comparison, but I'm still planning on buying the full-season stream package.

Does ELMS have live streaming?

That Le Mans entry list is insane!:eek:

The WEC list is a tad underwhelming in comparison, but I'm still planning on buying the full-season stream package.

Does ELMS have live streaming?
On Dailymotion which confuses me. I bet they can get more views off of YouTube.

Funny how people are arguing for a car that next year will be discontinued and hasn't actually won a major event. Let it go.

Back