2017 IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship - General Season Discussion ThreadSports Cars 

  • Thread starter Thread starter IforceV8
  • 2,450 comments
  • 165,382 views
Those pics make me wish that AMR had a full time entry with the #98, that car looks amazing. :( Its cool to see the Mercedes racing stripes on the #33 though. :D

Edit: I LOVE the new Oreca, great to see an old school nose on a LMP2 car these days. Love the Ligier but there's something great about the Oreca having its old look (to an extent) back.
 
Godzilla jr upskirt shot.

Dagys_2016_1579.jpg


More here. http://sportscar365.com/features/photography/photos-daytona-thursday-gallery-4/
 
Did I miss something with Turner or are they just testing in the hopes something comes together? :confused:
 
Did I miss something with Turner or are they just testing in the hopes something comes together? :confused:
Seems like it is indeed one car this season, just like Stevenson.
 
Turner isn't running BMWs this year? How did I miss that?

Of course they're running BMW's, if they run them at all that is. Both their pay-drivers left after 2016 and there hasn't been any announcement on '17 yet apart from the fact they are trying to put something together.
 
I found it interesting on some of the sites (I especially saw it on Racer) that people were complaining about BoP adjustments for the DPis at the Roar. I don't get the complaining at all since the balance between the factory DPis and the "spec" P2s is still relatively unknown. I mean, surely, wouldn't it be better to make a change and find out it makes one prototype or another OP before using it in the Rolex 24 and screwing up the balance during the race itself? If it was the race, I'd get it. But since everything is still pretty new, it makes sense to try things now and learn for later.
 
Of course they're running BMW's, if they run them at all that is. Both their pay-drivers left after 2016 and there hasn't been any announcement on '17 yet apart from the fact they are trying to put something together.
Ahh ok. I didnt mean to imply they wouldn't run BMW, that would be crazy.

I feel like I did know that about the drivers, but completely forgot or something. Really hope they get something figured out.
 
They have one car listed for the roar don't they? The 97? They were at the test as well if I recall.
 
They have one car listed for the roar don't they? The 97? They were at the test as well if I recall.
They are listed on the entry list for the Roar just no drivers yet.
 
thinking-face.png

The Mazda DPi is slowly becoming one of my favorite DPi cars in the field. The Cadillac and the Ligier Nissan are still my personal favorites though.
I am an enigma within itself. xD
 
What's happening today? I thought it was Sunday?
 
Hey is it me or has the aero been updated on the Corvette?
 
Trap speeds P

52 Ligier 191.5
5 Cad 191.1
10 Cad 190.6
13 Oreca 190.6
31 Cad 190.6
90 Riley 187.1
2 Nissan 185.9
22 Nissan 185.9

So far, so good but kinda slow.
 
They're most likely being forced to run that "slow."

Looks the same as last year, actually.
28007882121_87fbdf13ed_b.jpg
 
I don't recall where but I remember reading/seeing that the GTLM cars across the board received more aero, more power, and maybe even more tire. They were bumping them (or had planned to).
 
Back